Reviews for Finding Faith
AGriffinWriter chapter 32 . 12/29/2014
Wow. Emotional roller-coaster at first. Feared for poor Wes, but it was pretty obvious to him and the reader that the flirty Faithy was a fakey (can you tell it's nearly midnight and I should sleep?). Marvelous, m'dear.
AGriffinWriter chapter 31 . 12/28/2014
Whoops! Somehow I missed a pair of updates! Hope your Christmas was extra merry and that your New Year is about to be extra happy! :D
Illusera chapter 32 . 12/25/2014
I was thinking the demon would go after Faith until they concluded it was a female. Still, it's harsh how she got slayed (harsh for Wesley). The cold environment they're in so makes sense with the tension that's been happening between them. Sometimes I get mad at Faith for how she talks to him so I have to keep her issues in mind. Old habits die hard I guess.
Illusera chapter 31 . 12/25/2014
LOL Faith was the one who had the skiing accident! I guess it makes sense for the plot since she'll recover faster, but given how her pride is it's still funny. I thought that guy was the demon. You'd think he would have seen Wesley, but maybe no one wants to look at them when they're paired up?
Wesfan1234 chapter 32 . 12/24/2014
OMG, you don't know how excited I was to see you had new chapters up. Wow and double wow. Love the demon and that she took Faith's form. You had Wes down pat in this scenario. And all the other stuff? Hot and hot again. Thanks for updating.
DeepBlueJoy chapter 32 . 12/24/2014
That was... wow.

That was one of the more powerful chapters I've read, and the best sex I've read in a very long time. Why? Because it was an awesome, awesomely written sex scene, but also because it was far, far more than a sex scene. It was about connection. About understanding. About coming together and falling together... about being in love and LEARNING in love... discovering and yet already knowing.

It was precisely where a sex scene was called for... because it was so very revealing of so very much more.

Absolutely STELLAR.

If I ever teach a class on writing a sex scene in fiction, this will be the chapter I refer my students to.

Blue
Kitakana chapter 32 . 12/24/2014
Nice chapter! I like how their relationship is evolving. It interesting to see that Wes knew snow-beastie wasn't her just because she said those words. It's kind of funny.
Saul Good chapter 17 . 12/23/2014
This is an amazing story. It's art pure and simple, your writing is inspiring. The prose is beautiful, the characterizations are perfect, the interactions heartfelt and the slow burning emotion between Wes and faith is sheer joy to read.

You destroy any benchmark for fanfic and fall right into novelist. I could only wish to have half your talent for writing.

You do good work bro. I happily continue reading your story.
Alkeni chapter 31 . 12/22/2014
Yay!

Another excellent chapter.
ginar369 chapter 31 . 12/22/2014
They are both such insecure messes but it works for them. Faith seriously needs to stop comparing herself to Buffy. They are completely different people. What Faith is doing works for her. She has accepted her calling and whether she knows it or not it is changing her. Changing her into some who cares about others. Who can think about others and show kindness. She might not see it but Wes does. It will take a lot to convince her of it but I think eventually she'll see that she isn't as 'bad' as she thinks. Just because she doesn't do the slaying the way Buffy does it doesn't make her way wrong.
DeepBlueJoy chapter 30 . 12/22/2014
You know, I hate to say this, but I think you may write them better than Buffy/Spike... and that is a compliment, btw, since you do that inordinately well.

You capture their uptight tentativeness... the way in which they're both very similar, but in some ways for very different reasons... his reserve is born in Englishness, hers street-smart caution... but both are fearful.

But that's the serious part...

Then you go do something like this:
_
He found his glasses haphazardly slung on a bedside lamp. They clenched hands and lay sweat soaked shoulder to shoulder. "Bloody hell."

"I think we're covered." She laughed weakly.

"Hm?"

"Everyone heard that. The honeymooners in 414 have arrived."
_

THAT was utterly priceless!

Now, Faith's musings... comparing her relationship with Wes to the demon... that was kind of chilling... she really is so very afraid. So sad. Poor Wes. Such a long hard job he has, chipping away the ices she's encased her heart in. Inside, it's vital and warm for him, but she's determined to keep it hidden, even from herself, even if it kills her and breaks Wes' heart. Sigh.

so real. so beautiful. I just have this picture of Wes' glasses on the lamp... that's just... hysterical.

love it!

Blue
jauntilyaskew chapter 31 . 12/21/2014
Yay, another lovely chapter! Merry Xmas to me! :) and Happy holidays to you as well!
Kitakana chapter 31 . 12/21/2014
Yeah, I totally know what you mean about the trying to find sanity in an academic life thing and balance that with fics. In fact, I'm currently working on a research project here on with fics written in French which promises to be fascinating. It's my way of forcing what I'm doing in grad school into what I do outside of it.

I really liked this chapter because those two as honeymooners just cracks me up. It did last chapter too but this chapter even more so. They just pull it off so well.

Also, bitch-tard. Finally, a nice equal-opportunity insult! I'm totally gonna start using that now.

So, mopey guy who offered Faith a drink has to be the snow-beastie. The woman he went after next is probably the next victim, right? Of course, I might be totally wrong, but I can't help imagining that this is where this is going.
omslagspapper chapter 30 . 12/6/2014
uhu i forgot this story was still going :p
really good chapter
wesley is such a dork
a lovable weirdo dork
Illusera chapter 30 . 12/3/2014
Faith and Wesley going to a couple's ski resort... Yeah, never thought I'd type that lol Never really thought about how no one notices the honeymooners much. Maybe it's the awkwardness factor.

Somehow I bet this demon's going to be a bit more difficult to deal with. They've both still got some insecurities that could be messed with
394 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »