Reviews for Finding Faith
Alkeni chapter 28 . 1/17/2014
And now they finally reach this point even among themselves. Very excellently written
omslagspapper chapter 28 . 1/15/2014
heart of a hero my as$ - haha i think either in actual buffy maybe the comics or in someone's fanfiction there really was a demon with a heart in each cheek. hey maybe you wrote it, i d k i'm the tired.

also i would like to suggest to weslerp and faith that delaware is totally weird and probably has like 700 demons like the whole population of delaware is actually probably just humanoid demons. haha. i mean aubrey plaza is from there and look at her. totally valid to judge an entire population by one weirdo. yep. okay.

hahahah at least she was getting it on in a pronz and not like, idk a not pronz.

hahha faith wow i think thats a little bit of cheating u r doing at the game of bowling haha
also now i want some cheese fries

gg faith for not freaking out about this weird little 1 yr anniversary

wesley u better not even start quoting some dumb stuff here
!

haha classic faith, still punning with peen in hand
well, at least he didn't shakespeare again... o.o

ah faith's journey of realisation. much tough, very feels.

hahaha "don't use words like simultaneously during sex" haha

i'm dying because she high fived him hahaha
these two nerds are my favourite

haha "this stuff"

i love how considerate faith is when she walks away from wesley because he might seriously pull a muscle haha

wow this is the chapter in which faith turns from never having actually cared about a person she was boinking to being an total romantic... faith style :p much growth of character. very wow.

11/11 high-5's
Sirius120 chapter 28 . 1/15/2014
I am honored to still be in your dedication! I owe you at least 2 chapter reviews, and I still have to catch up on the other story, but I figure you can handle these being out of order...

It's hard to believe you've written 28 chapters for this story! I feel like it just started, yet has been going on for such a long time (that's a good thing). I love how far they've come emotionally that they can have that frustrated/funny/tender moment that FINALLY doesn't get brushed off as awkward.

This is a much-deserved break for them, which I never expected them to take. But it's exactly what they need to unwind and recognize what they have, here and now, in this moment, with each other.

Ok, as their bedroom scene starts out, it's eerily reminiscent of the body-switching episode, where Faith sleeps with Riley while in Buffy's body. She has such a hard, visceral approach to sex, and he is more tender and reverent, for lack of a better word. Wes did the right thing, stopping before they really got started. He would have have regretted moving forward, it may have even destroyed them. And I LOVE that threw it back to her, saying she turned him down, reinforcing that he's offering her much more than one night.

Her epiphany is perfect, a summary of their last year together and how far they have come to be together. I admire her for having the courage to bend, not break; to maintain her self-identity by refusing to say the words out loud, but forcing him to understand what she cannot say in I'm actually tearing up at Wes's heartfelt confession that he can't live without her, would rather cave to his fears and continue as they have been rather than push her into something that would ruin them. It doesn't get more romantic than that... Strike that-a high five and then hand holding is the Faith equivalent, I suppose.

Best chapter! So worth staying up till 12:30 to finish it :-)
AGriffinWriter chapter 28 . 1/15/2014
Superb. I giggled at her "put your glasses back on" comment and at a few other spots I now can't remember (I first read the chappie late last night on my phone, which is a pain to review on). You had me really worried for a moment when she rejected his stated love and he left. Some much-needed self-reflection on Faith's part, all boiled down to "you love him, and he loves you, so let's both stop being stupid about it."
Their sex was fabulous, a marvelous reward for their (and the reader's) long wait. ;) The "after" talk was perfect too. I'm relieved that they've passed this long-awaited threshold and am excited for what developments are next!
J0b00m chapter 28 . 1/15/2014
Okay, first up, I wanted to say sorry, because I've been reading this the last 9 or so chapters and I haven't left any reviews.
Secondly, I loved this story more than I can put into words, I devour every chapter, I've even managed to miss my morning bus because I've been too engrossed reading a new chapter in the morning, and I went so far as to consider getting a new chapter on boxing day as a cherry on the christmas holiday cake... (i did giggle at wes and faith's over protectiveness of each other)
I'd never thought what Faith and Wes would be like as a pair, but after reading this I can just picture it perfectly, the way you put so much detail into their thoughts and how they interact with each other, you can see the development beautifully laid out throughout the chapters. From the major things like Faith's struggles with her past and Wesley's dedication to help her, to the smaller parts, like the witty banter and joking.
Also the mythological and fighting aspect to it, loved the imagination, the villains, and ancient prophecies, the intricacy and cleverness at your writing at these parts is probably the best i've ever seen. (including published work)
I've probably said too much and made it ll arkward (it's a virtue of mine), but I wanted you to know just how much I love reading your writing.
Best of luck, looking forward to the next chapter already :)
Ironbear chapter 28 . 1/15/2014
Cool. I got a mention in the credits! Neat. ;)

That was both hot and sweet and touching. Nice mix of push me/pull me/don't hurt me - very Faith.
writerdragonfly chapter 28 . 1/15/2014
/Faith slowly looked over at him. "Why are you asking me like I know something?"

"I have no idea." Wesley admitted, blurting out a rare, uncensored, spontaneous comment./ LOL

Wesley's comment about bowling shoes-LOL. Way to call him out, Faith.

/When she's happy, when she laughs... I just fall more in love. I thought maybe it was just the dangerous beauty, the mystery and complicated woman, the sensuality.

No. Wesley smiled and allowed himself to be led. It's her. All of her./ UGH.

/That unspoken peace in her mind that wherever Wes went, he'd be back, and something good would happen in the afternoon./ SHE KNOWS HE'LL BE BACK AND IT BRINGS HER PEACE.

/She spazzed out, her mind went ballistic, and- she looked over at him, one minute so carefree, happy, relaxed after a year of shit and backbreaking, and she lost her anger and her fear. Her face slowly lost its guarded shield. "Been a good year, right? I mean- aside from the insane amount of fighting, driving, and crappy places we stayed."

Wesley's shoulders furled back and then relaxed as he exhaled. "The best of my life."

"Yeah. Mine, too."/ UGH

/"What?" His own lips were dry and barely able to articulate the word suddenly.

"You and me."

"We are. We really are." The hand trapped in her hair tugged gently, lowering her head.

She gave in, eagerly and lips met, crashed, and bodies spun. Lazily, longingly, until it was apparent this wasn't going to stop at kisses tonight.

"Are you sure you-"

"Don't even finish it, Wes." She was tugging him up, and she was cradled in feverish kisses, as they stumbled back, bodies blindly stumbling towards the nearest bed./ ! !

Everything that happens, the moments she remembers, just everything UGH you make me a wordless mess sometimes.

/"You're the language guy. Can't you translate this? You're the only one who speaks 'Faith'." She was desperate, scared, and in need of comfort, and unsure what it would be like to receive it./
*hugsquishes*

/"Only way I leave is in a box, Wes." Faith caressed his back, slow, gentle, pretending she knew how.

"Then I'll be in one beside you."

"I know. I do." This guy would die before he let them hurt me. Has been like that from day one. Well, the second chance day one./ I swear if you make me squeal and bawl in the same chapter I will actually probably do nothing but still. I almost cried and it's not even ugh

/Making love? She'd never... Oh. Wes is my first. Wes is my first. "I'm glad you're here." She gasped and kept her head pressed cheek to cheek with his so he wouldn't see her expression. She could only imagine what it looked like if it reflected her heart. It must look so happy. So awed, so happy- so so- ohhh. Wow./ I did. I did cry. You're freaking awesome.

/"I love everything about you. It was impossible not to eventually love you, simply for yourself."/

/"I didn't think you'd want me to. Want me, in that way. And I loved what we had so much, that I thought I'd better not jeopardize it."

"But what if I never- you know. Did?"

"Then I would love you as a friend and as your Watcher, and that's plenty. I didn't want you to think- you were ever obligated. It wasn't to be a condition. We don't do that. We've had enough of that, both of us." Wesley said fiercely.

Wow. Faith nodded mutely. I got a good one. I really fucking did. I can't believe it. How did I... Her head spun, and she shook it, smiling over at him, lost in a good kind of haze. "You know that makes me love you way more, right?"/ so many feels

You knew I'd love that chapter. You are awesome.
skullmunkey chapter 28 . 1/15/2014
I think I say this every time I review, but best chapter yet. Keep up the good work because I think I could read this story forever.
Illusera chapter 28 . 1/15/2014
It's been one giant road trip for these two. Love the banter where Wesley threatened to freeze Faith :) They're trying to get a one up on the other in a light way and they have fun with it. The memory snapshots with matching subjects/titles are a nice touch. They've come a long way.
This One Fool chapter 28 . 1/15/2014
"Kinda love you in my space."
And then the world exploded because I overloaded on ADORABLE and FEELS and FAITHWESLEYSEXYTIMES. If that last one isn't a word, then it should be. Let's petition Mirriam-Webster right now.

Honestly, when I realized this was updated today I think I almost strained something trying not scream, flail, and point wildly at the computer screen.

You are such a big tease, Sweets! Need more sexy times! Or as Willow would say "vicarious smoochies".

In the meantime, I will be casually devouring every other story you've written in the background.
yespleasethankyouverymuch
Virtual cookies,
Lana
Illusera chapter 27 . 1/15/2014
"Excuse me, madam, I'm a strange man and I'd like to see any areas where your child may be exposed to water?"

My did I laugh at that line... it just sounds so absurd and has that Wesley brand of sarcasm lol

I'm going to have to side with Faith on how she handled Dorothy's situation. Sometimes you just can't help someone because they don't want to be and they're perfectly happy with how things are. I'm happy that it was the end of it though and he didn't try to drag off anyone else. I googled Ma-al because I was curious to see if I would find something (it reminded me of the kelpie water horses) but I didn't see anything. I was wondering if you based that character on a specific legend or if you were inspired by something else?
Kitakana chapter 28 . 1/15/2014
Wow. You really outdid yourself with this chapter. Not only did they have an actual vacationy vacation, they actually are starting to have a healthy romantic relationship. Who would have thought? Great job with this chapter! Can't wait for the next one!
ginar369 chapter 28 . 1/15/2014
Awkward, stops, starts, fits, crying. Yup it was perfect. I feel sorry for Faith. Figuring out she was in love with Wes was probably the hardest thing she has ever done. I have a feeling that given time those three little words will slip out without any pain involved. Love is trust and she has that in spades for him. They are a thoroughly odd pair that works.
Alkeni chapter 26 . 1/14/2014
Very nice.
Lou chapter 27 . 1/11/2014
That was a very exciting chapter with a great baddie, some remarkable introspection from Faith, and the sweetness of the strengthening bonds. Beautifully done.
394 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »