Reviews for Unwritten Tales: Into The Dark Again
NeverGoodbyeRoxas chapter 4 . 2/19
You write with great care and yet, great passion as well. The text of this fanfiction is so rich and beautifully written that I feel proudly lost in its actions, images, and feelings. I know this isn't a very descriptive or precise review, but I'm not sure I could do you justice. Anyway, I'll keep to my reading now.
lastofthecrimelords chapter 6 . 6/24/2010
It seems unfinished to me also. Can you update, I'd like some more action please!
sielge chapter 6 . 3/2/2006
This was a very good writen story; but to me seams unfinished. Will you finish it some day?

I hope so.
Vana Tuivana chapter 6 . 1/2/2006
Hooray, another chapter from the closet of the Wayfarer! I'm sorry to hear about the loss of what you had written, but I think that this chapter was well worth the wait.

First off, Thranduil makes his appearance! I love your portrayal of him; it nicely marries what we see of him from Bilbo's perspective in the Hobbit with the entirely different perspective of his actual history and the bits about him in BoUT, which is really nicely done. And it's nice to see a familiar face in Galion, as well.

The conversation between Thranduil and Gandalf (with Aragorn mostly listening and watching - a nice touch, not too heavy-handed but definitely shows us another side of Aragorn) was really well done as well. And, as usual, I love Gandalf: you always capture his "voice" so well, and I can just hear him saying the lines you put into his mouth.

One of my favorite parts in this chapter (to choose just one!) is the description of all the beauty in Thranduil's halls, all the artwork and beautiful detail, going... back to nature as it were: "We have not time to spare under the lengthening shadow," it really brings home the realities and the threat of the Necromancer in a few simple lines. Really well described, wonderful concept.

I can't tell you how happy I was to hear of this new chapter, and I really do look forward to seeing how this long, long journey unfolds. On to the writing, Wayfarer! I'm still here with help, encouragement and tea, if you need any of it. Just say the word. :-)
meckinock chapter 5 . 12/29/2005
You're alive!

I'm so glad to see this updated. Although chapter 6 seems to cut off in the middle and I can't get the review box to pop up, but that's just for you...
Thorongirl chapter 5 . 10/28/2004
Wonderful story. I notice you update rather slowly but I guess the results are worth it. Very, very enjoyable.
Vana Tuivana chapter 5 . 8/29/2004
Yay for ITDA updates! However impatient I may have been in the past for more, I never lost faith. And you have delivered yet again.

I love the suspicious Beornings and their battle with the Orcs. Great Orc-names, by-the-way- I'm super impressed that they have the same kind of "sound" to them as names of canonical Orcses. Aragorn is great as usual in this chapter.

I don't have much time for thoroughness right now, but the Nazi-reader in me cries out to mention this sentence:

"Hidden among the mountain peaks was the High Pass and through it the Forest Road that ran down to the River Anduin and thence into Mirkwood where Aragorn had hoped for aid in their hunt."

A long sentence, this, with not enough commas and/or breaks. I humbly beg forgiveness for nit-pickiness, but in writing as good as this, 'tis all I can find to pick at. :)

This installment was wonderful, as the rest of them are. I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for more. But patiently, of course. And with faith. ;P
windfola chapter 5 . 8/23/2004
Hi there. Nice chapter. Some lovely Aragorn moments (as you know I am a sucker for good Aragorn moments!), good pacing. A few tweaks, mainly grammatical, nothing major - I'll send them your way shortly. Only thing is, would Gandalf let himself be injured with no one else around? Still, there's nothing to say that he cant be hurt physically if he chooses to cloak his true self, so why not?
the evil witch queen chapter 5 . 8/21/2004
poor gandalf. carried like a sack of potatoes across the misty mountains. now ther's one thing he won't be telling anyone else of.

even if the beornings were a bit suspicious at first, they certainly proved they were useful. i doubt if aragorn could abandon his reflexes so quickly though, even with the beornings as guards.

well, very good! keep up the good work!
AM chapter 5 . 8/21/2004
Just came across this and am now all caught up.

This is incredible: descriptions, characters, dialogue, everything. Thank you so much!

Please continue.
the evil witch queen chapter 4 . 12/23/2003
very good! that was really interesting.
keep up the good work!
Vana chapter 3 . 3/6/2003
Just come for a little check-up . . hoping you'll write more soon . . ;)
e chapter 4 . 3/2/2003
Will you please continue this? Please? Pretty Please?
e chapter 4 . 2/15/2003
are you going to contiue this? it is really exceptionally good, the best older but pre-lotr aragorn i've ever read. great job with gandalf, too, and i love the part with ferny! please, please continue this!
RecoveringTheSatellites chapter 4 . 12/11/2002
Another brilliant chapter. It took me a while to figure that we'd jumped back but I'm tired and having a bit of a blond day today.

As with your other chapters your writing style is amazing. It is so close to reading the actual Tolkein, I also think that your portrayal of the characters is spot on, they behave just how they would in the book, no personal slants on the way YOU would like them to react, like the majority of us do.

I eagerly await the next chapter.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »