Reviews for A Captain And A Madman
Axccel chapter 6 . 8/8
Oh look, someone telling Picard something is impossible. He DOES realize he’s talking about the Enterprise, right? Let’s be reasonable, shortly after leaving Earth with Starfleet Command siding with him on this issue, the Enterprise would suffer a warp malfunction and pop out of warp a few thousand kilometers away from a secret facility holding the Doctor. That’s just how the Enterprise rolls.
Axccel chapter 5 . 8/8
Actually, Picard doesn’t have to do shit. Orders that violate the law are illegal to follow. Also, Starfleet does not take orders from Intelligence, so their involvement is irrelevant and in fact is a breach of their authority.

If Picard does not follow his orders, he will get a pat on the back from Starfleet Command and Starfleet Intelligence would find several high ranking members arrested and Admiral Ross would be arrested for ordering the breaking of Federation law.

If Picard follows orders, word will leak out from whistle blowers sooner or later about what happened and Picard and the other people will be arrested.

This is not a difficult situation for Picard. He needs only contact several other Admirals in Command about the situation and they’d march down to Ross’s office and arrest him immediately. Then tell the coming ship that are to stand down. If they rufuse, subdue them by force using the Enterprise’s far superior power and arrest them. Whether or not they are convicted will vary by individual crewman and his or her awareness of the situation.
Axccel chapter 3 . 8/8
As opposed to overriding the Captains order to close the communication link to the room and telling the bridge what he knows. Which is more in line with what I expected of the Doctor.

Well-written and entertaining story!
bluefyrebird chapter 23 . 7/31
That was beautiful... and so incredibly heartbreaking! Stab me in the heart a dozen times why don't you? It would hurt less. Still, I love this fic so much and wouldn't have it any other way. I commend you for your wonderful weaving of a tale that one could really immerse themselves in. I could not ask for better and I had fun reading. Thank you.
G.M.Rivers chapter 23 . 7/10
Wow. Absolutely wonderful. This story managed to seamlessly weave the characters and stories we know and love into a tapestry of carefully intermingled events that gave way to a masterpiece of a story. The cause-and-effect was really well done, as well as the character motivations and the changes in the doctor's mindset. Beautiful.
Imipak chapter 23 . 6/23
Great story, there are some typos to clean up in most chapters and those do get distracting occasionally, but that doesn't diminish a very good reconciliation between universes.
Chemm256 chapter 23 . 5/17
This is the best doctor/star trek crossover i've read!
Difdi chapter 17 . 5/2
Warrants for his arrest? I'd bet that if any of those warrants were served and he was taken into Federation custody, he'd 'mysteriously' escape almost immediately and never be seen or heard from again...except by the black ops Federation scientists of whatever lab he'd be locked away in. And it'd probably be a tossup whether the lab is even in the century he was captured in.

Though I am kinda curious, what those warrants claim he did - after all, a warrant for escaping from an illegal detention that violated the Federation Charter probably wouldn't generate much cooperation for most Starfleet officers. But at the same time, if they are for too severe a crime, there's a strong possibility of someone using a phaser set on disintegrate to 'apprehend' him.
Difdi chapter 14 . 5/1
Maybe I read too much sci-fi and comic books, but the Guardian made perfect sense to me. The Doctor's problem, I think, is that he's so sure he knows the nature of reality, that he can't realize that he thinks he knows things that he doesn't actually know.
Difdi chapter 11 . 5/1
Given how fixated future-Starfleet is on 'preserving' the integrity of the past, the fact that the Doctor was in his own present, no time travel involved, when he saved that colony would mean that when future-Starfleet bombed the colony and murdered all 12,000 colonists, they committed 12,000 counts of premeditated murder, using time travel to do it.

A society like that cannot help having laws against altering history and using time travel to commit murder, to say nothing of the more mundane crime murder itself represents. Unless they're a future Terran Empire where the only law is that might makes right, anyway.
Difdi chapter 4 . 5/1
You have a technical error in this chapter - standard (isolinear) Federation computer systems are optical, not electronic, and therefore would be unaffected by an EMP. Likewise, unless the colony uses radically outdated systems, it would also be unaffected by an EMP.
Difdi chapter 1 . 5/1
Picard is an 18th century naval buff - he would know the difference between flotsam and jetsam, and a police box being yoinked off Earth and into deep space by an unknown temporal event would classify it as flotsam. Jetsam is random debris that was accidentally or deliberately jettisoned (the similarity in the jet portion of the word is not a coincidence) from a ship. Flotsam is pretty much everything else found adrift.
Basil Allegri chapter 22 . 4/15
The Doctor's moment of invading the Collective was worthy of a Moffat episode probably (very dramatic, clever, and a little on the outrageous side). It was fun to see the Doctor interact with many of the different Trek characters (like the Doctor, for instance). I think I enjoyed your Picard POV moments the best.
Basil Allegri chapter 1 . 4/13
Okay, I already know this is going to be brilliant, just by the way you write the Doctor's monologues.
VigdisVale chapter 1 . 3/26
Oops... I accidentally hit enter before finishing... SO:
The alternate reality thing is seldom writtenusually, it's just portrayed as the regular Doctor Who Universe, which is why I have trouble with suspension of disbelief.

YOU, on the other hand, have "done it rightIMHO)... AND given me an amazing, believable, new headcanon for blending the two that WORKS! I'm so happy! So, thank you again! Much love!