Reviews for Promises
ANON chapter 1 . 1/12
Hey there! I don't know if you still keep up with reviews on this since it's a few years old, but I really wanted to express how much I like this! Good job, I love love LOVE your writing style, it's so nice and descriptive, making it easy to picture erverything happening on the surface but also the emotions. You capture the atmosphere really well. I came here looking for angst and I got angst! I'm honestly amazed by how you create a certain atmosphere so detailed without overdoing it in terms of, say, flooding adjectives or making it exhausting for someone to read. It was easy to read through, simple to understand and rounded perfectly to carry out the overall mood.

The only thing that was a little off in my opinion was the POV switches in the beginning of this one shot. They were a little sudden and the quick back and forth change of scenery was... not technically confusing (it was still easy to understand what is happening) but it took away a huge chunk of the gloomy dark angsty atmosphere one might expect in a story with this kind of topic. Again, you captured that perfectly through Izayas POV, but Shizuo's at the beginning was a little out of place compared to it. The contrast of the normalcy Shizuo assumes and is used to compared to the harsh reality Izaya is suffering from could work if you mentioned ir elaborated on it, but just briefly giving infirmation to carry on as it is was a little harsh.

I guess it is a little tricky to manage driving on the plot that involves two characters without changing the POV and still explaining everything to the reader, but there is ways around it. Maybe through explaining Shizuo's previous intention as he storms in, maybe as he reflects on it while thinking of what to answer to Izaya.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/6/2016
It sounds like they both just killed themselves together and that why it's just a one shot. And now I'm going to kill myself for the theories I am making right now.
SIGN ME THE FUCK UP chapter 1 . 3/10/2016
gOOD SHI T
Kara Shadows chapter 1 . 5/30/2015
As a depressed and suicidal (at times) person, you described it perfectly. Great job.
KOWritesIt chapter 1 . 11/19/2014
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww...My heart melted with joy ;w;!Nice work!
Xion 'Winnie' Orihara chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
Q.Q I cried...Thats means you did a great job
Shirohime's - Shizaya-stories chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
Whoa O.O This was so beautiful! *-* You cant describe this with words, the suspense, the love, the feelings! Oh my god, you are amazing! *-*
TheUltimateMexican chapter 1 . 4/1/2014
Awwww shit, i'm crying...
I'm crying... This is too much... Too beautiful... Damn.
fate2013 chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
Awwwh i loved this fanfiction XD
DokidokiMariel46 chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
IT ISNT LOVE BUT...*SHRIEKS* this was so good. i was literally holding my breath in the beginning, waiting for shizuo to get there before izaya died...omg3
Guest chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
I'm cryiiiiing why am I cryiiiiing!? I love this story thank you so much for typing this! WAAAAGH *over dramatic wailing begins*
AVPMfreakify101 chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
OMG I LOVED THAT! Great job! u
MISSINGERRORERROR chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
poor izaya my heart aches for him. Its a good story. I cant stop crying it made me so sad that Izaya wanted to kill himself. He's my face character I think he made the anime interesting and fun to watch
trasmania chapter 1 . 6/4/2013