Reviews for Worth the Wounds
sevenpercent chapter 1 . 3/18
Okay- I'm late to this party, but I just found this story and have to comment. There are priceless gems in here- John imagining Sherlock's "Reichenbach? But that was ages ago, why would he still be upset?" More than a bit not good, John. To think that Sherlock has made no progress since the first night you met him? But at least the bonfire taught him better. Liked the updated version of "it was worth the wounds" from ACD.
JuliaBC chapter 1 . 2/9
Beautiful. As usual, there are too many things I'd like to quote so I will just say that it was perfect.
librarywitch chapter 1 . 1/18
Wow that was perfect.
sunsethill chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
Brilliant character study. Very moving. I can believe that John would have trouble trusting after what Sherlock put him through, and also believe that as long as he knew Sherlock really cared, he would forgive him just about anything.
Nimthiriel Eruhin chapter 1 . 8/12/2014
Brilliant and poignant. A truly insightful characters study, one that closely mirrors my own thoughts so deeply that I feel as if we had the same brainwave. I thank you for this magnificent piece of work, that is so loyal to the canon of the both the television show as well as the original books. Bravo!
Wynsom chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
Beautiful and poignant, and great deducing, for being written before season 3 aired. Thank you for such a moving depiction!
Heather Snow chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
The parallel to the Hemingway story was very well done. And when John got to the point where he felt that his pain was important even if necessary... Just, wow! Very nicely done.
englishtutor chapter 1 . 7/9/2014
I read this story ages ago, and coming across it now I realize I never reviewed it! I apologize! This is an amazing story, very well written and very heart-felt. I especially loved this iine: "That one glimpse was all John's loyal, generous heart needed . . . ." Beautiful!
Iva1201 chapter 1 . 6/30/2014
I have checked out one more of your fics and liked this one too very much - no matter some minor things in the last part are no longer Season 3 compatible. I think you have a small spelling mistake somewhere around the beginning (solider instead of soldier) but other than that a very nice character study - and you were really good to predict things in Season 3. (-: Pity the actual show did not make the Sorry scene more realistic.
becgate chapter 1 . 5/15/2014
Loved it! !
hatondog chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
This was wonderful. You really brought together why the fire was a watershed moment for John in forgiving Sherlock-it was proof, as HLV showed, that he is Sherlock's 'pressure point'. Your explanation of the origins of John's trust issues and how they drove his reluctance to let Sherlock back into his life make so much sense. In a few paragraphs, you tied together his war experience, relationship with Harry and connection to Sherlock. Bravo.
NarutoRox chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
Sweet, I just love this. I rather wish this had been Sherlock's reaction in TEH instead.
delia cerrano chapter 1 . 4/24/2014
Ah okay. Yes, I can understand where John is coming from and what he feels he needs. Kind of a rough way to get to know what Sherlock really thinks of him and how important Sherlock feels John is to him. For me it's not so much "you didn't feel you could trust me enough to tell me but that you let the pain and sadness go on for years". At least that's how I would feel.
Swiss Army Knife chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
I think I like your version better. The end of The Empty Hearse, in the subway car, really hurt my heart. "Friend or chess piece", indeed.
SueMiller chapter 1 . 3/27/2014