Reviews for Hunter's Night
MrSergo15 chapter 21 . 8/31
Great stories. Hunter's Moon captured my attention the other day and I had a very restless night reading through them both. I like your writing style though in my head I consider Athena a gentler spirit. I can't wait to see Bruce's reaction to Tommy. And I'm still waiting on that trip to Metropolis you mentioned in the early chapters. Other than that this story reels you in and you cannot back out once you start. Can't wait for the next chapter(s).
Commander Zucchini chapter 21 . 8/24
This is incredible. I love how it's got so many different things going on and yet they all work together.

Except are you gonna tie in Barbara's shooting-or was that all? Just some revenge scheme? When you said laughter in that scene I had automatically assumed The Joker.

I understand busyness-truly I do. But if you could update this-that would be amazing. I want to get to the end already!

Anyway. Great job. I hope that your health improves :(

PS I definitely think that I'm going to have to use that line sometime. The "blood of my enemies" in my coffee. Nice.
Judy.Laura.L chapter 21 . 8/12
great chapter. I loved the little family moment and bruce and Diana's romance. the upcoming scenes of jim and artemis/sarah are going to be good. have you watched the gotham series? I've always wondered what it would have been like if they added your version of characters in with the plot. would jim and Harvey bullock have run into Diana and alkyone? would bruce and Diana had met earlier and briefly? and what about Helena and Dinah? I wonder how they would have fit in in with the show. just something that's crossed my mind a lot since I've started watching it. can't wait for the next update.
Judy chapter 1 . 8/3
Yes, please let's get Bruce and Diana married already. I can't wait to feel the love and passion they feel for each other.
marlene chapter 21 . 7/26
Please christy, We want a waddind here! Aniway, the chapter is amazing and I love Bruce/Di moments
Lloyd RPGFan chapter 21 . 6/30
I love the scene at the museum and I have a pretty good idea who stole the dagger under Diana and Annie's noses. XD
I frankly don't know what to think about Artemis' new secret identity. I get what you're trying to do, but I'm not sure it's such a good move. I like your idea of a romance between Gordon and Artemis, but she doesn't need to call herself Sarah Essen for it to work.
All those little BMWW moments were very sweet.

All in all, it was a pretty nice chapter, despite the lack of action.
Melyno chapter 21 . 6/29
Hi, I LOVE LOVE this story. The character interactions are perfection and I enjoy how you make characters I never imagined talking to each other just have the best moments! I do have a question for you. Do you think you'll ever include Donna Troy? I'm sure there has to be a room somewhere in the Wayne Manor for her! LOL :)
Helen-of-Troy-7 chapter 21 . 6/29
Wow, Artemis is Sarah Essen?! Brilliant - and I love her and Jim's dynamic. It makes me crack up every time. I love how Diana and Barbara teamed up to push them together too.

As always, the family moments are excellent and adorable, and yes, definitely some overdue Bruce/Di! Great chapter, and I can't wait to read the next one!
mbembet chapter 21 . 6/28
yeah! glad you update this fic again and i hope you get well soon
Great chapter, can't wait to see more interactions between Gordon and Artemis.
Thinker90 chapter 21 . 6/27
hahaha Gordon's got it bad!
TMariee chapter 21 . 6/27
I'm glad you're back I've been missing this story! Can't wait to see what happens with Dinah and Ollie!
~TMariee
Giannacar chapter 21 . 6/27
This was such a great chapter! Oh how I missed your writing. I just want you to know that I squealed and jumped up and down like a little child when I got the email that you had updated. I'm sorry to hear about your back, that sucks! I really hope you feel better. Oh and congratulations on your book! Can't wait for the next chapter :)
transmetaljohn chapter 21 . 6/27
Oh, another great. The Bruce and Diana bits in your story are just wonderful. Also, parts with Artemis and Jim Gordon are fun as well. Also, there is something else I want to you to consider for your story. You seem to have plans for Tim Drake eventually down the line, and I want you to consider the following in how to portray him.

Have you noticed that in Batman fanfiction, people don't realize what originally made Tim Drake so unique compared to the other Robins? What originally made Tim so special in the comics is that he still had a living parent and was not an orphan. He was not motivated by the death of a loved one, but by a desire to help Batman. This was changed in the stupid 2004 Identity Crisis storyline in which Tim's father was killed off for cheap drama. This is the move considered by many fans to be the one that ruined Tim's character beyond repair. After this storyline, Tim's character devolved into a pale shadow of his former self, and he might as well have been killed because the character Tim became was unrecognizable to his past self. All it did was make him a Bruce Wayne clone personality wise. Angst does not equal depth. It made the Robins more homogenized as well. Also, they gave him that stupid Red Robin identity which made him look like he was still trying to desperately cling to the past. The costume also made him look like a ripoff of Dr. Mignight, and also shares the name with a restaurant chain which has the slogan "Red Robin...Yum!."

Here is an essay by some fan of his back in 2005 (Not written by me. I did not become a Batman fan until 2008) that explains what Tim Drake so special.

While The Editorial Powers That Be have done much to try and give Tim Drake a conventional motivation to wear the Robin suit, one rooted on personal tragedy and the loss of (several) loved ones, this is but a late addition to his story. In truth, one of the keys to understanding Tim Drake is the fact that nobody and nothing forced him to become Robin.

Unlike Dick Grayson, he didn't have a personal tragedy to sublimate/avenge, and unlike both Dick and Jason, he wasn't living under Bruce Wayne's roof. He did not, in fact, particularly *want* to be Robin. Having discovered as a boy -by a combination of luck and a deductive mind that Batman himself holds as potentially his equal- the identities of Batman and Robin (in the two incarnations that preceded his), he was content to stalk them from the shadows, drawn more by Dick's loss and personality than by anything else. He had been present at the circus the night Dick lost his parents, an event that deeply impressed him. When he later saw on TV a rare footage of Batman and Robin, showing Robin do a quadruple somersault (an exceedingly difficult gymnastic move), he recognized Dick Grayson's movements, and thereby deduced the identity of the Batman. From that moment, he would spend countless hours waiting in Gotham's rooftops for a glimpse of them, and gathering as much information as he could using his remarkable hacking skills.

Imagine that. A lonely boy, physically unremarkable, with a somewhat distant family but without much violence or blood in his past, stalking Batman and Robin out of fascination, a touch of hero-worship, and plain instinct.

While Bruce remade himself as Batman, the children who become Robin tend to become even more like themselves. Even as they adapt to the unwritten strictures of the half mythical role, they enrich it with their own uniqueness. Tim will learn much from Bruce and the rest of the mentors and enemies he'll later encounter, but his nature as Robin has always been a reflection of his inborn personality: his watchfulness, his reliance on his mind over his body, his comfort in stealth, his paradoxical search for connection from a distant point.

He didn't learn any of that as Robin, or to *be* Robin. As much as anything else, he brought these qualities to the Robin persona.

After Jason Todd's death, as he witnessed the psychological deterioration of Batman, Tim decided that Batman needed a Robin, and thus set himself to find him one. When Dick refused to retake his role, Tim took the mantle to himself.

Not because he wanted to. Not because he needed to. Because *Batman* needed somebody to, and Tim was adequate.

In that act we see exposed the basic motivation, the thing driving Tim Drake. As much as Batman is something Bruce Wayne does because he needs to, as much as Nightwing is a manifestation of Dick's emotions and desires, Tim Drake is Robin because he was watching, and he decided it was the necessary thing to do. Time and again his desires will conflict with this role, and time and again he will come back. Not out of love or hate, not because nightmares drive him to, or because he loves the lifestyle, but because somebody has to. And also because he loves his makeshift, unrelated-by-blood family, although the ways in which the Bat-family understand and express love aren't particularly healthy. Love, duty and necessity are not very distinct concepts in his mind.

While the recent, senseless deaths of his father and his girlfriend (Steph, who briefly took over his job as Robin) have drawn a veil of tragedy over his life, this is but a late addition to the complex psyche of a boy who -perhaps more than anyone else in Gotham- wasn't made, but born a Bat.
KaliAnn chapter 21 . 6/27
I was so happy reading this chapter! I think it was great the way Diana was encouraging to everyone. Oh Barb, you are sneaky. I can't wait to see if Artemis/Sarah Essen, can handle being a detective, and maybe, going on a date with Jim! Oh magic can be tricky alright, still I'm sure they'll figure it out somehow. This is going to be good!