Reviews for Relic
Firebird Scratches chapter 11 . 3/13
Mmm...this was really interesting...kind of philosophical, actually. Haunting, in a way. Great job!
Flynne chapter 11 . 3/31/2014
Oh, this story was awesome! You did such a good job of setting the scene and getting inside Leo's head. I really enjoyed it - and I'm glad we got a happy ending. Great job!
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 11 . 1/2/2014
OH! THAT ENDING! YES!

I am a huge fan of eloquent endings, especially ones that require the reader to do a little thinking or to step back and say: "Woah... wait a tick..."

This was one of those. I really enjoyed it! I love that for the briefest of moments, Leonardo wonders if he is dead. Within a very short span of time, and at the tail end of numerous hallucinations, he is finally home with the ones he loves. That alone would be enough to really make some question whether they are alive or dead, sane or crazy, etc etc. Part of him would wonder if he is in some endless dream, merely transcending time and space. It's a very philosophical way to end this piece!

Overall, despite your misgivings, I enjoyed this quite a bit! I know you feel that it isn't your best work, but it is a very solid piece and there is a lot I appreciate about it. Never sell yourself short, Terraform. You have talent. Lots of it. Great work!
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 10 . 1/2/2014
Ah, now that is a nice touch! I was wondering how you were going to have Donnie fix the broken beacon with few tools to accomplish the task; I was also wondering how they were going to make/find a large enough power source to power the tech. To have the technology be biomechanical is a great idea! It will be able to heal itself in the proper conditions!

Great chapter, yet again! On to the finale!
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 9 . 1/2/2014
This chapter was very nice-the last sentence especially! Great job!
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 8 . 1/2/2014
Awesomesauce! I'm glad that Donatello found Leo! Just when I started losing hope! I was beginning to worry that he was going to die alone in that godforsaken place! Fortunately, he has been found! Still, that the beacon has been damaged is a rather inauspicious turn of events!

This chapter was great! It has been the first in the story that has allowed me to feel a glimmer of hope. I remain guarded about that, but I'm optimistic. I hope that Donatello is able to repair the beacon and that they can return home for that long-awaited group hug. Nice job, TF!
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 7 . 1/1/2014
It isn't exactly a shock to me that Leo is beginning to lose his hold on reality a little at a time. After all, isolation will do that to a person. His loneliness just happens to continually manifest itself as his brothers. It's quite heartwrenching! Even though these chapters are short, I rather like them. They serve as little vignettes of activity. It's a nice touch! Good work!

I especially like that line about the inky shawl. That's fantastic imagery!
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 6 . 1/1/2014
Very nice! This was a nice addition. I was wondering in the back of my mind exactly how Leonardo got to this strange, primeval world. Totally believable, very nicely described, and also quite sad. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to be uprooted from one place and time and tossed into another without so much as an opportunity to say goodbye to the ones you care about.

I suppose though, that's realistic. In life, there's always an end and even when it's known in advance, the loss...it's always sudden.
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 4 . 12/31/2013
Everything you write is so poetic and this is certainly no exception! Some of your word choices are just absolutely spot-on! It may be strange to some, but to me, the right word choice can set a work apart from others. In the case of this chapter specifically and your writing in general, fluent sentences are effortless strung together into a richly detailed product. Excellent work!
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 3 . 12/31/2013
Very nice imagery here! I like that Leo took a keepsake from the campsite. The main character in one of my favorite books "The Winter of Our Discontent" by John Steinbeck keeps a talisman similar to Leo's keepsake and it serves as a symbol of his mental state throughout the work. I am assuming you are setting up something along those lines here. It's a nice touch :) Great work!
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 2 . 12/30/2013
Leonardo appears to be losing his grip on reality a little bit. That in itself isn't terribly surprising, as he has been isolated from other sentient beings for such a long time. I believe studies have shown that if you place an individual in a room that is 99% soundless, their mind will begin to create manifestations and hallucinations... I guess just to keep itself occupied.

In any case, it only makes sense that he is hallucinating a bit. Michelangelo, as the most comforting and upbeat of his brothers, would be an obvious choice, as he would bring him some kind of solace. So far this story reminds me a bit of Cormac McCarthy's "The Road." A tale of man vs. nature and man vs. self all in one. Nicely done!
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
Well, this is quite interesting! This prologue alone is rife with awesome imagery! Not only were the landscape and Leo's hut amazingly well-described, but the little details-the insects scuttling through the mud, the bundled hemp grass and reed silk of his hut-just added a little something more.

I also greatly appreciate that you used the words 'cacophony' and 'leeward.' Both are mighty fine words. I appreciate the former because not only is it great in its own right but because it sounds exactly like what it describes; the latter because it is seldom used and you used it quite precisely!

I'm interested to see what will become of Leo. I'm not especially familiar with the 2003 series, so this will probably be a little different than what I am used to. Nonetheless, I look forward to seeing what you cook up!
raph j chapter 11 . 12/14/2013
this was really interesting!
LooksOnTempests chapter 11 . 11/23/2013
Very interesting story. Thoroughly enjoyed.
CrazyGeekyLove chapter 11 . 7/20/2013
Decided to read something else of yours. This was really interesting (of what I've read so far).