Reviews for Forging Bonds
spyffy chapter 71 . 2/28
I loved this chapter. It was so good to get to see them as a couple being open to each other and caring, to see them as a bonded Dominant and submissive. I particularly enjoyed seeing Faith caring for Tara and how that fit into their roles as Dominant and submissive. There is always that preconception that it's the Dominant that cares for the submissive and that the submissive can't isn't allowed to step up and take on that responsibility when necessary. It really showed that they both give so much into making this relationship/bond work.
It also seems that Faith is more confident in the group, she is starting to feel like she's part of things, like she has a role to play. Seeing her starting to form a friendship with Drew was another thing that showed how far she's come.
I have a feeling that this feel good factor won't last long though with the Mayor on the horizon and Faith's thoughts were really drawn back to this at the end of the chapter.
Can't wait to see what comes next.
piecesofyourheart chapter 71 . 2/23
I can honestly say that this chapter may be my favorite so far. I love to caring nature of Faith and her and Tara "butting heads" over her health. It shows how much she really cares, and how stubborn Tara can be. It's beautiful. And I'm excited for their conversation about Boston. It's gonna be tough for Faithie but she'll put through with Tara's help. It'll make them stronger.
Harry2 chapter 71 . 2/23
Well, T-Bear and F have managed to work things out, and this was something that needed to be done. And it sounds like THE TALK about Faith's past and maybe Tara's past as well. And now that the two of them are on the same page, we can figure out HOW to stop the Mayor!
RavensNic chapter 71 . 2/22
I would have loved to spend more time reveling in their reformed bond, but then again that's what I was doing for the last two weeks. :) guess the rest of the story needs to move forward too... Seriously, great chapter. Can't wait for more.
Allen Pitt chapter 71 . 2/22
All the hard stuff is done. Now just defeat an Ascended Demon and the story is over! Piece of cake. Maybe they can throw hummus at him. I always thought they should have given that one a try.
magrat70 chapter 1 . 2/20
I am so pleased that Faith has had her epiphany about her own personal problems and how she hasn't understood the true nature of a caring Dom. She has also gave Tara her pride back by publicly admitting what she has done and that Tara has accepted her submission and reopened the link. Not that I expect that it will be a bed of roses; Faith is far to headstrong for that. I am hoping now that Tara will get confidence back to help face the Mayor.

Wonderful chapter
spyffy chapter 70 . 2/9
Reading this on a bus in rush hour was not the best idea I wanted to jump up and pump my fist in the air, I managed to restrain myself, just. But I'm doing a happy dance as soon as I'm home :D.
This was an amazing chapter. What we'd been waiting for and anticipating, and it surpassed expectations. You managed to pack so much emotion in, so much power and when the damn finally broke in Faith at the end, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Faith repeated her very real remorse in between throat-tearing sobs.", it was like a cleansing of herself, she's finally opened herself and Tara has accepted her.
Faith asking Tara to punish her and in such a public forum was the biggest step she could take, she knew this was her last option and she may have been desperate for Tara to forgive her but she finally understood that being punished wasn't an abuse but in the Dominant/Submissive world provides a way to reconcile their relationship after a submissive has hurt their Domme, it allows them both to recognise what's happened, address it and move past it.
I loved your placement of the Dom Barry as a catalyst for making Faith really look at what punishment is and I hope she does use that card and call him in the future.
This chapter may have been from Faith's point of view but I also think it was huge step for Tara to fully take up the reigns as a Domme and punish Faith especially given what she's just been through, she was able to set that aside and punish Faith because it was what she needed.
I can't wait for the next chapter and now that their bond is fully opening I'm looking forward to seeing their dynamic evolve.
RavensNic chapter 70 . 2/9
Awesome. I think I actually stopped breathing when Faith went to the corner and didn't start again till the end. I don't think I've ever been so invested in a story on here as much as I am in this one and I read a LOT of fanfic. Well done. I can't wait till the next update.
Epic!
piecesofyourheart chapter 70 . 2/8
That was THE most uncomfortable/ rewarding chapter I've read in this series. I felt like I could feel the hits when Tara was spanking Faith. That was all too real. I'm so glad they are working through thief issues now. And that they had this major breakthrough. My little heart couldn't handle it. Wonderful chapter, now I need to go process this.
Allen Pitt chapter 70 . 2/8
weird-in our world their relationship would seem sick -here, she's finally getting healthy. She's actually doing better than Faith did in the show, at this point. One weird thought: Imagine a sequel where Faith from the show showed up in this world. While superficially similar, her culture is very very different from the one would think the other was one sick puppy.
Harry2 chapter 70 . 2/8
It may have taken some corporal punishment, but it has STARTED! The forgiveness has opened the way for these two to FINALLY start talking! Now, lets get that taken care of, and teach Tara, that T-Bear does NOT have to be totally bound by the ways her mother drilled into her! Tara, you have THE POWER! You have the power to stop the mayor if you listen and learn! And the Scoobies are going to need that and soon!
This ends abruptly and in a horrible place. Sad angel is sad :(

-Angel of the Lord
piecesofyourheart chapter 69 . 1/29
Oh man! I was so joping we'd get a Its okay, everything will get better moment from Fatih and Tara. But of course not. This story hasn't finished its course yet. I find it interesting that it Buffy getting Tara through this, and not Mama Joyce. But at the same time, I'm not surprised because it's Buffy and on the occasion she does impress me. Now that I really think about it more, the only person I see helping Tara out is Buffy. Hmm, I may be impressed by Buffy a little more after this... So Faith with her feels what like a kick in the face. She was so hurt, and I'm really proud that she didn't just go off and like try and start something. She is staying her course even if it hurts and that's definitely progress for our resident hothead. Will we be getting more scenes of her teaching because that's pretty great. Lovely chapter. Can't wait for more
Allen Pitt chapter 69 . 1/26
And meanwhile Faith is still getting a paying job going, unlike the unemployed slackers still at the house. Maybe Becky will sign up! So, T/F patch things up, then all they have to do is defeat a True Demon, and take control of the council! One more chapter?