Reviews for Black Bond
D00rFr4m3 chapter 31 . 7h
Damn, this chapter hits hard.

Honestly, it had me crying on at least two occasions.

It's impressive that I like Athena as much as I do, despite the fact that she's not directly been in the story since the very beginning. I guess the directly matters little, though. We've been learning about her as Acquila has, so I suppose it makes sense that we would get to know the character decently enough.

And I think part of it is how much I like Sirius. The fact that he was still holding on to her for twelve years after she died.. damn. I'm glad he's finally starting to.. Maybe not move on yet, but accept the fact that Athena is gone. Also, I majorly ship Sirius/Irene.

The scene with Acquila and Harry meeting in Grimmauld- with Lily's letter- was great. I really like those scenes. With two people just.. helping each other through whatever they're dealing with. Not talking it out, or arguing over it. Just helping by being there, if that makes sense.

And since I'm talking about Harry and Acquila now.. this back and forth they've got going is honestly torturous. And holy shit do I feel for Harry. Literally living with someone you find physically and emotionally attractive while going through puberty is already hell. Add in the fact that he can't whack it because she can literally read his mind, and he is going to be sexually frustrated beyond belief.

I'm partly sympathetic and partly laughing my ass off.
D00rFr4m3 chapter 23 . 6/17
Your English is actually really goodthe only complaints I have with grammar or the writing in general is that in some chapters you'll randomly drop spaces. So two words get smushed together. Maybe one of you had a broken spacebar?

Otherwise, it's something I notice a lot of non-native speakers do: You don't use contractions sometimes. It makes dialogue sound stiff and formal, especially when it's kids.

Those are quite small complaints, however.

My only complaint about the overall writing style is the really lengthy flashbacks/dream scenes that sometimes happen when it's Sirius' POV. I don't mind Sirius being a main character, though I prefer the kids, the really lengthy flashbacks get kinda tiring. I usually end up skimming them.

Overall I really enjoy this fic so far. It's excellent!

Oh, and also: With HP/OFC fics why is it *always* Cedric Diggory that's "the other guy"? It happened in Unknowns: Part the second, and the Ky Thornton series. That's the main part of why I dislike Cedric, personally. I'm just annoyed with him playing the same role in every fic I've read lately.
Omenglotzer chapter 3 . 6/11
nevermind bruh ... Sorry!
Omenglotzer chapter 2 . 6/11
How the fuck has a two year old an eagle patronus charm?
It is said that the spell is extremly defficult to perform even for grown up wizards but a two year old? She can't even pronounce Expecte Patronum...

Bruh...
tgfoy chapter 6 . 6/4
One of the things about a story like this one is that I have been so engrossed in it that it is only now that I realised I had got so far without writing a review. Having realised my omission I am trying to set that right now. I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far, the tragedy of both children's loss, Dumbledore manipulating people to ensure the children have the lives he wants for them, I could cheerfully curse him for that, but that is by the by. The joy when Acquilla and Harry meet at the school, the heartbreak of the parting and joy once more ASD they learn of a common future. Draco and Ron are just as frustratingly blinkered as each other. You have created an emotional roller coaster in a wonderfully skillful way. I am thoroughly enjoying your work (just incase you couldn't guess), I am off to read more, but going on these first chapters, it could be a few before I can break off enough to review again. Thank you for sharing your work.
Qarz chapter 11 . 5/4
Pretty good. Ron is such an asshole though, i really hope he will change or be dumped.
Qarz chapter 1 . 5/4
I find it ridiculous that you have to defend yourselves from not strictly following canon. There are so many fics with interesting premises that are ruined by authors forcing canon events that i'm baffled this is even an issue. Don't listen to the haters and write what you like, how you like.
As for the chapter, it was okay but too early to get a proper idea as to where the story is going and judging by the number of words it is quite the behemoth, looking forward to reading more.
Sam Hinkie chapter 6 . 4/14
Really like to see Lucius not being a rapist piece of shit for once.

I think he’s evil but also a loving husband and father 10/10.
Sam Hinkie chapter 1 . 4/14
Want to note that Blacks is used where Black is correct grammatically. In Chapter 5, Acquila mentions Smeltings where Stonewall is suppsoed to be.
techytinks chapter 6 . 4/5
interesting!
Jim Red Hawk chapter 5 . 3/31
It seems MnGonagall made a big mistake at the end. HOWis A quilt going to get to Kings Cross?

JimS
who is draco going to end up with? one of the greengrasses?
Miss Bookworm7319 chapter 22 . 3/25
What’s aqualia S middle name?
Can it be Marlene if you haven’t chosen one yet
Ryker Thorn chapter 1 . 2/24
School clinic
I realy enjoy the story and the characters in it.
But what is an infirmary?
1,446 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »