Reviews for The Best I Can Do
Louey06 chapter 3 . 11/24/2013
This was great. The Winchesters had a pretty crappy childhood, but at least John tried. That's all you can ask of a parent really. i ike how he tries to make it up to Sam by going to another science fir. I also like How Dean is so angry with his father but is able to sort of reign it in.
Splashfire chapter 3 . 8/21/2013
oh my god this physically hurt me i cannot breathe right now this is so freaking cute i'm gonna throw myself out the window i can't even stand it
Guest chapter 3 . 8/12/2013
Aww, that was so sweet!
zekeschance chapter 3 . 6/20/2013
Kind words and encouragement, that's all Sam needs from his dad. Loved this! Loved the interaction with Sam and John. The visual just blew me away! GUH! Really like how you have more layers to John in your stories. All of them are so multi dimensional anyway but when you read them like that it makes it stand out. You really did an amazing job with this story. Thanks so much for all your time and effort. It is appreciated!
SLPikachu chapter 3 . 6/13/2013
Truthfully, I almost cried towards the end and John's surprise really had surprised me. I'm glad everything worked out well and John's boys were both happy with their father. Awesome story!
LucyK9 chapter 3 . 6/13/2013
I really like your portrayal of John. He isn't the world's greatest father but he is a caring dad. I agree with you that John will "..always try to do the best I can do." Thank you!
reannablue chapter 3 . 6/12/2013
That was quite sweet...really enjoyed that.
zekeschance chapter 2 . 6/2/2013
Love this story! Really like how you write John. That's exactly how I see him. Torn by responsibilities but keeping the stiff upper lip. Loved how you wrote the interaction between him & Dean. That's how I see Dean at that age too! Hope your surgery went smoothly. Thanks!
babyreaper chapter 2 . 5/30/2013
Well what a shock, John didn't make it back. What is he going to say to Sam that will possibly make it OK,, and will he give the secret away, Thanks of updating
3.1415926 chapter 1 . 5/24/2013
Nice job! This is very interesting and well written :)
babyreaper chapter 1 . 5/24/2013
Great chapter, Dean had to do some fast talking there to save himself, Lets hope that if John does talk to Sam he doesn't let it slip that Dean's told him what he promised not too, and that the principal backs his story up, or John will not be well pleased. Looking forward to the next part. Thanks.
Christina chapter 1 . 5/24/2013
Great job! I love stories where John is harsh and while he wants he to be a good father...he has a hard time. Nerdy Sam is the best and this is just the right amount of big brother protection from Dean. Keep up the great work...I look forward to Sam being in the next chapter
lovejohn chapter 1 . 5/24/2013
Very nice story. A little heartbreaking. I wish John could make it back in time. You wrote Dean just the way he is, very protective big brother. I love the way John has to convince Dean to talk. ;)