Reviews for Stirring the leaves
jjadra chapter 1 . 7/2/2023
I was in high school when this was first posted. Now, years later I’m still coming back to you. I know we’ve never interacted but I feel a certain nostalgia when I read through your work. It’s been years, I’ve graduated and gotten married, yet your writing holds a special place in my heart. I saw a snippet of one of the movies earlier and immediately wanted to reread through this.

You’re amazing. Your work is amazing. I wish you the best.
ImpishWyvern chapter 59 . 6/16/2023
I don’t know if you check this anymore, but this has been my 6th time reading this fanfic novel (more than I’ve read the hobbit, or watched all the movies). It’s one of my favorite things to read and I just had to let you know that it’s brilliant. Thank you!
Dreams.exe chapter 1 . 5/8/2023
I always come back to read this.
Hope you're well!
Awesomesaurs chapter 59 . 4/19/2023
Reading this again and again and I never want it to end. Love it.
ElvenqueenTurwaithiel chapter 52 . 3/21/2023
That last paragraph, my most favourite and 'treasured' moment. Pun intended ;)
I-am-Sherlocked-82 chapter 59 . 3/20/2023
Hi there, are you planning a sequel? I love this story and would love to read more about them
ChoiSunYang chapter 59 . 3/7/2023
I read it like A thousand times already and here I am, reading it again. I just love it.
chronicxxinsanity chapter 1 . 3/1/2023
I heard about this story on Tumblr and can't believe I've never come across it before! Amazing start!
Rosiekay chapter 59 . 2/27/2023
Literally weeping this was so beautiful thank you so much for this amazing story
Iland Girl chapter 59 . 2/12/2023
I come back to this story time and time again, sometimes to read snippets and sometimes to fully read it. There are many great fanfiction out there with great story telling and adventure, but not many capture the essence of what Tolkien was telling us. Lizzy is just an absolute gem, a treasure. She knew from the beginning that loyalty, love, and the little things in life are what we fight for. And honestly this story grounds me a little whenever I read it, reminds me of the little things often forgotten. Love it, and I hope that you are doing well, and that while you may have had troubling times in the past few years, but know that even snapping branches cannot break the tree. Life goes on, and I hope that life goes well for you.

Please take care, and thank you for this wonderful piece of art.
Serleena Xath chapter 59 . 1/27/2023
No matter how much time passes, I will always come back to this story with a smile on my face.
arkofsirius chapter 34 . 1/6/2023
"there's only one bed/boat" trope is hitting so good
arkofsirius chapter 10 . 1/5/2023
Not me crying at how thorin talks about fili and kili ""There is nothing more than them, not to me."" had me in shambles

I really like how you include some ambivalence on thorin's part. I can't imagine that he wouldn't second guess the quest, at least for a moment, after encountering what they do. It's refreshing to see him consider something otherwise, where he's not so stubbornly set in his ways, oriented toward one thing.
bean chapter 3 . 1/3/2023
this is probably my fourth or fifth time reading this story. i love it so much- it's truly a favorite when it comes to fanfiction. i come back to it over the years and it never fails to get me giddy with excitement just like the first time i read it at 13. i just turned 23- it's insane to think it was nearly 10 years ago when i first read it... thank you for creating such a beautiful body of work. xoxo
Guest chapter 59 . 12/28/2022
Absolutely loved it! I’ve been looking for a fanfic that has a girl from a different world, and this nearly fulfilled all my wishes. Well done, Mellon Nin
3,600 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »