Reviews for A Lion's duty
Can u post another chapter
MADStar529 chapter 1 . 1/10
Great start.

Got me hooked!
Warlock Arkon chapter 15 . 12/18/2015
The reach by itself could swing any war. But the only question olenna needs to ask is if she wants the reach to be in an alliance or to be a battleground. Tywin will support Dorne if only for his son and nothing else. Dorne as well as houses within the reach and the westerlands support the targaryean claim, to suppourt the crown would devide those realms. Also swinging renly depends on her, whether in an alliance with renly or at war with him stormlander armies would be marching and warring within the reach. If olenna joins robert she is flanked on both sides and would bear the brunt of the damage, the reach is rich and densely populated but choosing robert would mean it would be reachmen dieing for it with little to gain. Joining wih renly would alienate all other allies and even some of their own vassals while pitting them against two factions.

Robert controls the crownlands(some of whom probably suppourt targaryean claims) and those storm lords who renly does not control the loyalty of. The river lands, vale and north suppousedly suppourt him but are primarily based on the relationship between robert and ned(increasingly strained) as well as the health of jon arryn. These realms might unite to fight a targaryean but mutual enemies do not always make loyal allies. Renly would hold the storm lands ( those who would suppourt him) and what suppourt olenna could give him.

In any coming war olenna must think of which situation could be won with the least damage to her own house and realm. Suppourting robert or joffrey means that her land as well as her knights will be the ones dieing in orderto take thefortress that is dorne as well as the hills of the west. The north vale and riverlands are too far north to be doing anything other than fighting the west while the stormlands would march through the reach.

Joining dorne would also mean the combination of their navies with which they could combat any iron island oppurtunism. Should arryn die the situation would be four kingdoms versus two as the north hardly counts so far south and the crownlands count as maybe half with those loyal storm lords as another half. The combination of the richest, the most populous, the impenetrable along with the great fortress of storms end and probably dragonstone versus that is a no brainer.
Jaenera Targaryen chapter 34 . 9/23/2015
I get the feeling Joffrey will eventually have Ned executed, and when that happens...
Jaenera Targaryen chapter 33 . 9/23/2015
Robb and Joanna are only too fit for each other...the North will eventually join the dragons.
Jaenera Targaryen chapter 13 . 9/23/2015
She's your sister Jon, and if things had been different you might actually have married her in a few years.
Wood3h chapter 1 . 7/18/2015
Nice story, very interesting! I would love some updates for it!
Malyx Blackfyre chapter 8 . 3/22/2015
Go Jaime!
Hypothetical Spiritual Entity chapter 35 . 3/5/2015
I really liked the story so far. The characters are all very interesting. My favorite so far has been Joffrey. He still has traits easily recognizable from the twat from the canon we all know and love to hate, but this sincere desire to be a good ruler makes him much more sympathetic, even though there are still moments I can't help but go "Goddamit Joffrey!".
Malyx Blackfyre chapter 35 . 3/5/2015
Nice story.
LittleGingerBird chapter 18 . 12/30/2014
I like the story quite a bit but I do have one criticism and that is that the narrative does not seem balanced. We have been getting a lot of Lannisters and I know they are your favor, but it would be nice to hear what the other side thinks and how they have changed and evolved. The way the story is now seems very black and white.
Selias chapter 31 . 11/29/2014
Weary means tired. Wary means cautious..
Selias chapter 30 . 11/29/2014
I've seen this typos throughout your story. When you "loose" something, you have released it. When you "lose" something, you have lost it.
what.if.indeed chapter 36 . 11/22/2014
This is one of the more original fanfictions I've read for A Song of Ice and Fire. I really enjoyed your characterization of Jaime especially, but Ned and Arya are pretty great too. I also like your exploration of Rhaenys. It's too bad this story is on hiatus. I encourage you to keep going with it, if only for yourself, as it's obvious you have put many hours into it already. I'd definitely enjoy reading more!
Panory Bro chapter 36 . 11/14/2014
It's a real shame about the hiatus. Just know you managed to get me to like Joffery, which is quite a feat. Hopefully the hiatus isn't indefinite.