Reviews for For The Only Hope
k chapter 64 . 4/4
so cool to read about your personal life as well,
DEEG1291 chapter 64 . 4/3
Wow what a story! Kind of sad that after spending the better part of the last week engrossed in this that I'm gonna have to forget about it now. It's mostly been a really good read and I hope that someday when you aren't a student anymore your significant other will convince you to finish it. Seems a shame to leave it after over a decade of writing. I can remember how hectic those post grad days are and I can imagine many days you barely have time to breathe. Hope the delay is due to a fabulous life and not a health crisis of some sort. Thanks for sharing.
No, dark witch Ausland isn't pureblood supremecist like the Death Eaters. She would even fight against the Death Eaters, provided she herself gets what she wanted out of the bargain. The complete destruction of the Snamonie. But if Dumbledore and Cedric Diggory fail to destroy the Snamonie, dark witch Ausland wouldn't hesitate to abandon them to their deaths and betray the Order for the Death Eaters to work hand in hand to destroy the Snamonie.
Headcanon for this fanfic is that there is a dark witch named Ausland who has put Dumbledore under the Imperius and ordered him to manipulate Cedric Diggory into getting Snape and Hermione to reject each other, causing complete dysfunction in the Order and leading to victory for Voldemort.
No warning of AU anywhere in the fanfic. No Deathly Hallows is a huge disturbance in the timeline. Grindelwald, Gregorovitch, Harry Potter's ancestry going back centuries, Ariana and Aberforth, et cetera, all gone just like that. Dumbledore is a completely different character from canon without the family drama surrounding the Deathly Hallows.

Although this may explain why he is so manipulative in this fanfic compared to canon. Since Dumbledore never killed Ariana, he never had any regrets himself over his actions and the impact it has on other people, and so he has no problems being ruthless with his manipulation and his cruelty.
Just skip chapters 34-52 in FFN entirely and go straight to chapter 53. (for the chapter listing in the text itself it'll be skipping 33-51 and going straight to chapter 52. For some reason the chapter numbers are off by one)

Nothing of value would have been lost in between.
Dumbledore is manipulating Cedric Diggory. Cedric would have been perfectly fine back in Switzerland. But no, Dumbledore is losing control over his spies and over the war and he needs some way to break the couple up so he can get his grubby little hands on them again.

This is going to cause untold disaster to the Order and the Ministry and lead to a Death Eater victory. And then Dumbledore will have wished he never meddled with the two.

Better that Cedric Diggory were dead like canon, or obliviated and sent to Australia like Hermione's parents.

Why was Cho Chang in love with Harry Potter in the 5th year? Shouldn't she still be in love with Cedric Diggory, if he was still alive? Dumbledore should have manipulated Cedric Diggory and Cho Chang to focus upon developing their relationship together so that Harry Potter is never distracted by Cho Chang, instead of complaining to Hermione Granger to make Harry Potter stop loving Cho Chang. A much better use of Dumbledore's time than threatening the livelihoods of his spy and assistant and the fate of the war. What a fucking dumbass Dumbledore is, completely ruining the plot like that.

Going to skip chapters from now on until Cedric Diggory is completely out of the picture.
Guest chapter 64 . 12/20/2023
Oh my god - please come back and continue !
hachi0621 chapter 64 . 12/7/2023
I’ve been reading this story since you started writing and just gave a it a reread. Its still just as exhilarating and perfect as the first time I read through it. Good writing is becoming more and more important to me as i search for fantasy pieces and yours hits the mark. I know its been a long while since you’ve posted but am hoping you’ll come back to the story and finish out the last 15 or so chapters. Sending support and best woshes for you!
hachi0621 chapter 64 . 11/29/2023
I’ve been reading this story since you started writing and just gave a it a reread. Its still just as exhilarating and perfect as the first time I read through it. Good writing is becoming more and more important to me as i search for fantasy pieces and yours hits the mark. I know its been a long while since you’ve posted but am hoping you’ll come back to the story and finish out the last 15 or so chapters. Sending support and good writing vibes!
DorothyDeath chapter 64 . 9/30/2023
This is a brilliant story! I love how plot-hesvy and intricate it is. And your Hermione is amazing and is probably the most authentic Hermione ever. I mean you have been growing up alongside her and at each given moment you've been roughly the same age and with how amazingly talented you are at characterizations and descriptions I am of opinion that your Hermione is the original and HP's Hermione is a knock-off, lol. No one can convince me otherwise.
Love your Severus too! You're doing an awesome job keeping him real and true to himself.

Anyway. Hope you come back to this story some day! And thank you for sharing your beautiful writing with all of us!
Erin Gonzales chapter 64 . 8/6/2023
Planning to write more?
Tonks7777777 chapter 1 . 8/4/2023
I have so enjoyed this story! It’s been amazing, and i really hope you continue it when you get the chance :D i can’t wait to see where it goes! Also, i really love your life updates! We’re the same age i think and i so feel all your struggles! I wish you all the best with your family, and im so happy for you that youre so happy with your girlfriend! 3
HayleeRaina chapter 64 . 7/31/2023
I just binge read this entire thing, and oh my god.

I hope you’re doing well and life has just gotten in the way as I seen it has in the past. I do love the little life updates.

I’m the youngest of four (my siblings being 6, 17, and 19 years older then me respectively) and have absolutely no contact with any of them, and have not for a couple years now. So, I completely understand.
RhodaBush chapter 14 . 6/26/2023
I have just found this story,and am binging…
3,495 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »