Reviews for Encounters with the Past
Shana Greenleaf chapter 28 . 2/13
Thank you! I just loved it .
You are an excellent writer
Nearing Midnight chapter 28 . 12/26/2012
This was a good story. -
Nearing Midnight chapter 2 . 12/25/2012
Starting to read this story... ;)

No... no no no... That's not the three hairs of the Lady Galadriel that were gifted to Gimli... 0_0 Can't wait to read what happens next! *clicks next chapter button*
Nord chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
I wish there were more stories like yours! It is just so good all the time! And I like the return of Surdim... Everything was just so great to read! Thanks a lot! If you could do more stories like these but with dwarves holding grudge against Legolas only because he's an elf that'd be fun :)

Thanks again! I really enjoyed reading you!
Autumnights chapter 28 . 7/5/2010
500th review! I'll bet you're so happy right now. I stayed up till 3am so I could finish this story and have the honor of being such a notable reviewer. But of course, the real honor must go to you, who deserves high praise for your story. *Claps* You did an excellent job capturing each character, and it made the story a worthwhile read.
Gratia Astra chapter 28 . 4/5/2010
Awesome! Well, okay, so Surdim should have gotten an arrow through the heart, or suffered a painful death, or at least understood how much of an absolute idiot he was. It ended rather quickly and there wasn't enough closure. But the action was very good and the relationships were well portrayed. It was very, very well done. It was awesome!
Kalisona chapter 28 . 9/26/2006
Great story! I enjoyed reading this a lot, and the humor between Elladan and Elrohir was perfectly written! Great job!

Kali
jada952 chapter 28 . 4/7/2006
well written!

great character interaction and dialogue.

nice to see a bit more dwarf-ishness in a story,

that's not slash (!)

and, as always, the sons of Elrond are a delight.

Thanks for the enjoyable read.

Happy writing!
lovin it chapter 28 . 2/19/2006
i hope you update soon!
fan chapter 28 . 2/10/2006
pls pls pls continue your story!
Silivren Tinu chapter 28 . 5/28/2005
Could I just tell you that I like everything about this story? It would make things much easier… :-)

I like the references to your other stories, especially “Matters of Honor” and “A Shadow in my Dreams”.

It was heart-warming how Legolas risked his own life to save Gimli’s. He really made Elrohir angry this time, didn’t he?

And Gimli buying Legolas… *grin* It was probably a good thing that Legolas wasn’t too conscious at that point. That Gimli was willing to give the necklace away to save Legolas was just wonderful. It seems to say that those old wounds and the grief from “A Shadow in my Dreams” can finally start to truly heal now. That he gave the necklace to Legolas in the end was somehow really fitting.

Oh, and I liked to meet Calenuial once more! He and Gimli seem to develop a rather… interesting… kind of relationship… :-)

I would really like to see this story finished! After all, Gimli is still running around with brown hair and beard. You can’t leave it like that, the poor dwarf… *Dwarf and reader look at author with big, pleading puppy eyes*
SleepsInOctober chapter 28 . 8/30/2004
Wow. Just, wow. I've just read through all of your LotR fiction here on , and it is wonderful. You characters have definite, destinct, *acurate* personalities. I'm eager for more. Please, continue!
LAXgirl chapter 28 . 1/16/2004
Oh my God... You live! I thought you had fallen off the face of the planet or something! Ha! Good for us you didn't! I seriously thought you had abandoned this story. Great stuff as always. The Legola/Gimli scene with the necklace made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I just love Legolas/Gimli friendship stories! Hurry with more soon 'cause this can't end right here! Hurry hurry hurry!
Signing out
-LAXgirl
furrysheepie chapter 28 . 1/13/2004
You are such a talented writer...I've loved reading everything you've written so far. You really bring Legolas and Gimli's friendship to life, and each story just touches that part of me that craves angst...more angst. _ You've got angst aplenty in your stories...love it love it love it. _ Please never stop writing and updating...reading your work really makes my day...I've read and re-read almost every story...my favourite being A Shadow in my Dreams and A MAtter of Honor...but I really enjoy them all. Keep writing! I'm your fan for life. _
ryuujin dragon king chapter 28 . 1/5/2004
Sweet! You don't know how much I enjoy your writing. Your site is on my favs and I've read everything posted there. I am going to go see if there are any stories of yours here that are not on your site! Excellent! You are a brilliant writer, incredibly brilliant. I mean it. Wowza.