Reviews for Bitter Sugar
7Cleo7 chapter 12 . 10/14
Your writing is mesmerising, there’s no other way to put it. The way you can keep me so hypnotised with every word, you have such a great great talent. I don’t know anything about you but I do hope you are writing and if you are, do is a favour and tell us where we can keep reading your work because I will read it always. I’ve read this story so many times now, thank you so much for every chapter
Cloud Auditore Fair chapter 13 . 10/7
All you can ever do is your best. Please don't let writing or this story become a burden to you. It's something to enjoy and this story is a gift. I appreciate every word you have put down for it and every word you might put down for it, as well as any thoughts you have about it. I hope you're doing well.

Whew. Man. I. I positively zoomed through this chapter and I'm not sure I swallowed more than twice during my entire reading of it. I gotta lie down and stare at the ceiling and think about this story, but first, I need to finish this review.

The change in Bubbles (and her friendship with Huge, and Huge himself!) is the best thing about this story. Even over the actual ship? I'm not sure now. Maybe I shouldn't try putting them in some order, because Marceline's character development has been excellent. I feel this has also been a story of two people growing into the rulers they need to be.

Because let's face it. Bubblegum wouldn't have been a good ruler. Would the Candy Kingdom have made advancements? Absolutely. But her perspective has changed and she's steeled her backbone.

Goodness. This chapter has really left me without words. Ah. These two. They'll stay on my mind, and I feel it's only fair to tell you that your version of them here is the canon version of them to me. The characterizationsI think of when I think of Bubbline, or them independently.

Again, I hope you're well. I'm wishing you the best and hanging at the edge of this cliff you've left here. For however long, I will be patiently waiting, and it will be worth the wait.
Cloud Auditore Fair chapter 12 . 10/7
"WHY are you suddenly going into a fight to the death? I won't allow it!" I'm screaming dude omg!

I would die for Huge. Just saying.

Oh shit oh fuck oh no I just thought...can they pick one of those fucking automatons?

Sleeping on a couch before a fight to the "death" seems like it's not the best idea but I'm sure people habe done worse lmao "That is my wife!" Brb crying in the club right now, this is so good

Oh damn now she smacking that bitch lmaooooo omg I'm living, my skin is clear! Marceline you dumb bitch she's worried about you! And I'm living!

Who! WHO. MARCELINE FROZE UP A BIT WHO ON EARTH IS IT JESUS THE SUSPENSE IS ENDING ME. Hunson nooooooo shit Idk what that item even is but if it stressed out Marceline then imagine my face as I SHAKE MY PHONE. Marceline touched her face and I almost died. OOF. There it is. Marceline bopped her nose and now I am deceased. My ghost Will finish reading this.

FuCK YOU KEEP DELIVERING MORE AND MORE INTENSE CLIFFHANGERS MY GOD
Cloud Auditore Fair chapter 11 . 10/7
What was on that paper that has Marceline acting like this fucccckkksbsvshdbdksnsvchc I'm dying to know god this is such a flip from before it has to be something of merit

Fi to the rescue! But I'm still thinking about this fucking paper!

Wtf did she get an invite for? Suspicious! God I'm going to have to take a break after this to ease my heart...and that's it. That's the development of their characters and dynamics that Bubblegum asked if To would know why Marceline was mad. It's not just that she noticed it or wonderes about it, but actually took the step to ask.

Oh I feel like I should've seen that coming. Wy is the Wolf. Interesting. I had been squinty about her when she was soooo into Bubblegum's work. And now she asks if the Pepps would be a good addition. If I could just insert a certain gif here, I would.

ShIT. SHIT! OH SHIT! I WAS NOT READY OMG HERE I GO EVEN THOUFH I WAS SUPPOSED TO STOP FUCK
Cloud Auditore Fair chapter 10 . 10/7
OKAY. I have reread this the past couple days to get to this chapter, which is new to me because I neglected to read it when it was originally posted.

Having read the story for a third time, I wanna reiterate how much I love it. Literally, this is the only Bubbline story I've enjoyed, other than your My Nights With You thingy. I love the plot and the honest coming together of Marceline and Bubbles (lol). I enjoy what you've done with Fi and the worldbuilding you've done. Your writing has grown so much and just! Fucking good job! Writing is hard work, especially on top of living your life.

That said, onto the chapter.

Or? Maybe I read part of this one? Hm. I remember a bit of this

Jesus, Bubbles, chill. That wine is fucking you up. Ugh. Just thinking about those Pepps makes me feel uncomfortable. And I'm still dying to know what happens with Marshall later. And the king? Pfft. Man. He's like two different people so far so I'm really waiting on that reveal. And who the FUCK is the Wolf? Someone be outright, Jesus how will she look out for who she doesn't know

Lolol "I'm not rash" Bubblegum rashly said with rash about rash rashness. Rip

Okay so I'm guessing we have our Wolf, here. The DJ who's a furry, alright. Feeling like he doesn't order things on a light note but actually really might be ordering stuff.

Bubblegum you dumb, drunk, drugged bitch made of determination why would you go back to the roooommmmm oh my goddddddd you're stressing me out fuck Jesus nooooo

Oh man if they whip out one more new wine, I'M going to start drinking omg

But Bubblegum, how will you get BACK. OUT. OF. THERE. I a Jesus Carrow really did come to hate her fast. He wants something DONE about her? What? Murder? Yup. Murder. And Marshall is in deep, damn.

Why-darling came through, Jesus, I was gripping my phone. But what's with that gold wine? Sounds like Wy knows about it. Wonder if the bit that stained her dress will prove useful.

Fi is A. She bounced so fast. "Nope. Not in my job description. Adios"

Fuck me what's on that burned paper

(Excellent chapter, thanks for sharing it with us)
gabyrm77 chapter 13 . 9/29
Wow. I’ve read all 12 Chapters Prologue three times already. I absolutely love how you wrote Marceline and Bonnibel. Their palpable attraction/tension and the plot. I really hope you finish this because it is such a high quality story overall. 3 Much love for this.
ToriBlackwood chapter 13 . 9/23
¡I just love this story!
I like the political game in your fic, and I love the slow burning romance.
I would like a lot to tal more about your fic, but in this moment, I can't.
Please, keep writting. Even if take you some time.

PD: I'm sorry for my bad english
charli38 chapter 13 . 9/20
Please update. I need moooore
Fate chapter 13 . 9/18
Please please PLEASE CONTINUE AND FINISH THIS.. no pressure lol
Please continue oh my gOd
miknge chapter 13 . 9/17
Omgomgomg you're back! I thought this fic was abandoned for good! Glad that you updated! Thanks for all your hard work! But don't leave us hanging for too long!
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AND I ALREADY KNOW THIS WAS FINISHED BU I STILL WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO MARCELINE AND BUBBLEGUM I WAS EXPECTING THAT WHEN BUBBLEGUM PROMISED SHE'D KISS MARCELINE AFTER THE FIGHT AND THERE WAS NOTHING SWEET ABOUT THIS IT WAS STILL ALL ABOUT THE WAR,POLITICS,ARGUMENTS,AND SERIOUS JUNK
theAuthorsama chapter 13 . 9/15
Bonnie emphasizing that she's Marceline's wife is making my heart soar. You have such flawless skills in writing. Also, Bubbline is canon! Fucking finally!
winterbagel chapter 13 . 9/15
Yeeeeeeeesssss! So happy you still update this every so often!
Absolutely loving this, really hope you continue!