Reviews for Too Close
Gin110881 chapter 10 . 2/23
Ah yes, the Ministry ball. I was wondering if this topic will come up again ever since Michael asked Ginny to the ball. I still hope the two of them will attend the ball as a real couple. At least they more and more behave like a real couple, aren't they? We will see...

And well, there's no chapter without a cliffy, isn't it? ;)

Great chapter! Thank you!
Gin110881 chapter 9 . 2/23
Great show in Ginny's office as she gets rid of Michael and Cho. Nice twist to include the canon ex'es. One thing I always like in such kind of stories is the slightly modified history of the known characters and how they fit together in this universe.

I loved the way Harry admires Ginny's flying skills and their shared moments after the Quidditch match. Maybe that there is a good chance that they'll be honest to each other very soon...

Great chapter! I loved it!
Gin110881 chapter 8 . 2/23
Maybe Ginny should try to push Remus in the right direction regarding Tonks. I'm pretty sure that she'll have a much better chance to succeed than either Sirius or Harry. We will see...

I wonder if it wouldn't be easier for the two of them if they'd made the fake official, or at least secretly official. There's no need that some else knows about it.

I like the way you reveal the history of your characters, close to canon but still AU.
I'm looking forward to the Weasley dinner. It'll certainly be interesting. I expect a few more stories from the past, and, of course, the version of their cover story. I'm curious if they'll be able to fool Molly.
Gin110881 chapter 7 . 2/23
Lucky Harry, fortunately Ginny wasn't too hard on him, lol.
On the other hand, Ginny's plan seems to be fool proof and will work splendid. Fool proof plans always work splendid, aren't they?
Yikes, the detonation at the end was quite the surprise. Lucky me, I don't have to wait for the update!
Oh, even if I forget it sometimes, many thanks for another great instalment.

I've just read a few other reviews and I loved DukeBrymin's review. I hope that you'll chose his second option. The two of them beating around the bush forever becomes old, usually rather sooner than later.
Gin110881 chapter 6 . 2/22
Oops, the ever so reclusive Mr. Potter visits the most public place in wizarding Britain as soon as he's cleared. I'd like to know to whom he's trying to show off, lol.

And wow, that's a surprise. Harry knows Luna. I'm quite curious about Luna's further role, and if Ginny and Luna know each other, too.

Yikes, harry is quite brave and daring at the end. I'm looking forward to reading if he'll regret his boldness, lol.

Ah-yes, and then I have two more story recommendations. The List by Brennus (OK, Harry isn't Ginny's bodyguard in this one, but they get to know each other when she's ambushed), and Cat & Mouse by alzzu. The latter is a true thriller, the truth will be revealed at the very end. Again, please let me know if you want the e-book versions.
Gin110881 chapter 5 . 2/22
The two of them are quite alike, even to the point that Ginny says the Potter standard phrase "I'm fine". I had to grin at this point, lol. The scene when Ginny stumbled out of the floo and Harry treated her with the bag of ice would have worked with reversed roles, too, wouldn't it?

Anyway, I like the routine the two of them established. However, I'm pretty sure that it'll change sometimes soon.

As for stories where Auror Harry has to protect a slightly big-headed Quidditch star Ginny I'd recommend “Ginny Duty” by Count Westwest. Please let me know if you want an e-book version of the story.
Gin110881 chapter 4 . 2/22
Yikes, that's funny. Recently I'd a short exchange about the amount of floo powder needed to travel via the floo network. It usually is a pinch of floo powder (and it is a pinch later in this chapter). However, in fanfiction it is often a whole handful of floo powder, like in the beginning of this chapter. I suppose that they would run out of floo powder rather quickly if a whole handful were needed. Moreover, it would be a quite expensive way to travel, possibly even too expensive for the Weasleys. Oh, this is not a complaint, just a funny coincidence that I had this discussion last week. And when I read the word handful I couldn’t help myself but grin.

The conversations between Ginny and Harry are always the best part of a story for me, no matter what it is about, teasing each other, fluffy stuff, serious discussions, knocking some sense into the thick Potter skull...
Their conversation in this chapter was brilliant. I'm hoping for more!
Gin110881 chapter 3 . 2/22
I'm impressed and still a bit lost for words.

Although the story is completely AU, the characters, as far as they made an appearance, are recognizable very well. OK, Mad-eye's matchmaking skills are slightly OOC, aren't they? However, who'd complain, lol.

I loved every word so far, and Ginny in particular.
A big THANK YOU for another brilliant chapter!
Gin110881 chapter 2 . 2/22
I'd have liked to say a few words more, however, the chapter was over much too soon. I really loved it. It? Her! Ginny, of course.
Gin110881 chapter 1 . 2/22
I liked the idea to tell the background of your story via a newspaper article.

If we can believe Vance's view of things, Potter seems to behave quite like a celebrity. It's certainly not a nice job to be constantly bullied by a slightly big-headed war hero. I was a wee bit surprised that Mad-Eye Moody is so perceptive regarding women, but I like it. I'm looking forward to seeing how Ginny will knock some sense into Potters skull. She's the sole reason I read fanfiction, hence I hope she'll do a brilliant job.

Great start into the story. Thank you!
Dame Ecrivain chapter 16 . 1/29
Love this story! Can we PLEASE have the last chapter? I'm dying here.
linhhermione chapter 16 . 12/25/2016
Please PLEASE can we have the last chapter soon - I realise that compared to other breaks you've taken it hasn't been that long a gap, but, really? That was BRUTAL. I've literally been chewing my nails while reading the last couple of chapters and I'm so invested in knowing what happens at the end
Asynia chapter 16 . 12/11/2016
Hey there !
I recently discovered your story, as I'd been searching for a good Hinny fic.
I have really loved it so far, the characterisations as much as the plot itself ! I do hope you'll get to finish it if you find the time :)
OhDamnAHufflepuff chapter 16 . 11/27/2016
I encourage you to please finish this story. One of the best well-written stories I have read in the Harry Potter fandom.
Jewels46 chapter 16 . 9/27/2016
Omg...what a bloody awful place to stop! Great story so far. I'm thoroughly enjoying it, but we need an update. I have to know how this ends. Please update soon :)