Reviews for The Steps To Success
PartiPooper chapter 17 . 6/13
Well, it's been two years and it looks like we aren't getting an update, so I'm going to go ahead and just review what you've given us. Although, I'm still foolishly hopeful that you'll come back some day. Just letting you know, there /are/ people who would still be delighted if you returned. If you /can/ return. I hope you're not dead or anything. If you see this, then PM me just so that I can know that you're okay. It always worries me when writers vanish without a word.
I'm inarticulate, especially about things I enjoy, so I'm just going to go ahead and say that this is a really good fic. Yeah, there were some unnecessary sentences in it (like "I see [a clown triggerfish] swim lazily by and study it with interest. It has large white dots on its belly."), and it's got grammatical errors here and there, and one or two wrong facts; but not that many, and certainly not enough to hinder my enjoyment of this fic at all. And I really did enjoy this fic. I still do, when I come back to re-read it (which I've done maybe seven times, by now? I've lost count).
Overall, it's well-written, definitely one of the better-written fics I've read in this fandom, and, as if that wasn't great enough, it has nice characterisations too. I like the way you portrayed the boys, so it was always fun to see them interacting. It was also nice to see them all having a fun holiday together, just being friends, relaxing in the lazy river and hanging at the beach and playing paint-balling and going to the aquarium and making bets on arm-wrestling. And when all of that was starting to drift into dullness, you appropriately upped the drama.
From then on, you put a lot of focus on the development of the relationship between Kyle and Cartman, which I - as an avid Kyman shipper - can /very much/ appreciate. I loved seeing them slowly put aside their differences and start to depend on each other. I loved seeing them start to care more about each other (although Cartman kind of already did - him getting Kyle's insulin was such a simple yet sweet gesture), and worry for each other's well-being. I /especially/ loved when they started to become more intimate, sleeping close together all the time (which /never/ got old for me, I'm happy to read those parts every time). I'm really glad that we at least got to see them have "fun times" before this fic's untimely, unfortunate death.
That's the worst thing about this fic. I can forgive any errors or mistakes, but it not being finished? One of the best fics in the Kyman fandom being abandoned? Well, it's a crying shame! This was so good, so imagine how /great/ it would have been with a satisfactory ending. Now we're all just left with so many questions. How and where did Cartman win the cruise? What happened to Stan and Kenny? Do their parents know what happened, and if so how are they reacting? Where are Cartman and Kyle? When they wake up "the morning after," how will they discuss what they did? When will they be rescued? /Will/ they ever be rescued?...
This is the sort of stuff that keeps me up at night, and, contrary to what some other reviewers are saying, nobody /can/ come and take over the fic and give us the answers we're all dying for. Only you can. This fic is yours, and only you know the answers, and only you can finish it, and I only want you to finish it. And so (this is the hopeful fool in me coming out now), if you /are/ okay, and you /do/ see this, then please at least consider finishing this. Though I get that you might have just abandoned it because you're not passion anymore - about writing, or this, or the ship, or the show, or whatever else - and that's fine, I understand you can't write well for something you're not into. If that's the case, then I suppose, for now, all I can do is thank you. But if you're just worried that you can't come back because you've been gone so long, then don't be. I for one would still welcome you and your wonderful writing back with open arms, and I know several others who would too. So think about it, okay?... Man, I really /am/ still holding out hope, huh? Haha! XD
Wherever you are, and whatever you are doing, I hope that you're okay, llamajo. You've given me a lot of happiness with this story, unfinished or no, and so I hope that you're happy too. Thank you. :)
SailorEchoSong chapter 17 . 6/8
Hoo ha god damn
VioletLeeROX chapter 17 . 5/3
THIS CAN'T BE THE END... nuuuuuu! 3 this story so goddamn much and i wanna kno what happens to Stan D:
I feel sorry for all those people who commented in 2013 cause they all had a little bit of hope left whereas we people (In 2015) are aware that this writer has totally abanded ship on us and is never coming back
please finish this it's good
Bored shitless chapter 17 . 1/30
Dude, have you ever heard of 'dedication'?. In the short term it means that commit to something and see it through to the end. Don't bother starting something if you plan on vanishing halfway through. If you do come back within this year I'll eat my words and wear a dunce hat. But you'll never come back because your too bone idle. Someone else take over this fanfiction please.
Guest chapter 17 . 11/14/2014
I know I'm late but it's amazing. I wish there was more action. Update
Guest chapter 15 . 9/2/2014
Yet another unfinished Kyman story to add to the pile. I've got hand it to the shitty writers on this site, they may have poor grammar and bad plots, but at least they finish their stories.
Guest chapter 17 . 7/16/2014
Absolutely awesome! Please continue with this, it's such a good story. Please don't be like Onigirireject and disappear on us forever. You seriously need to finish this. It's too good.
Ari chapter 17 . 6/8/2014
OMFG! PLZ UPDATE!
AnorexicWalrus chapter 17 . 6/6/2014
This is so good! /QvQ/ Please, I hope you update soon!
anooon chapter 17 . 5/27/2014
AHHH this fic is just soo good. the writing, the humor, everything. *_* I hope everythings alright, and that you haven't abandoned this story. D: that'd be really sad.
satisfied reader chapter 17 . 5/11/2014
Please, oh my goodness, PLEASE update! All of the characters are in-check, the descriptions are beautiful, and this chapter was downright sexy! There are others who would love if you updated as well. I think about this fic a lot and I am DYING to know what happens next. This is my absolute favorite story on ! You are extremely talented and I would be the happiest person in the world if you updated again. Pretty please? If you don't, all my life I will be wondering, what happened to Kyle and Cartman? Okay, that was a bit overdramatic, but I'm really trying to get my point across. Whether or not you continue this, though, good luck with your writing career and whatever else you hope to succeed in!
Batbacon chapter 17 . 3/27/2014
Just finished reading this and hoLY SHIT HOW HAVE I NOT FOUND THIS BEFORE,
ITS LITERALLY PERFECT, BUT I KEPT GETTING FRUSTRATED AT THE LACK OF ACTION BUT IT WAS TOTALY WORTH IT, I LOVE IT AND I LOVE YOU
fantasyessa chapter 17 . 3/25/2014
*bows* That. THAT. That. Oh my god. Because. That was really good. That was really good and I am just in shock and so squeal and so OHMYGOODNESS right now because this is one of the best South Park fanfics I've ever read.

Okay. *breathes deeply* Now to leave at least a semi-intelligent review.

I loved the first half of the story a lot, although I admit I was getting a bit bored just near the end, with the whole 'cruise ship, fun vacation' stuff, so when you threw in the storm I was SO excited and stayed up way past my bedtime to continue reading. You know exactly how to keep a reader entertained and happy with something fun, with the underlying plotline, and then when it might start to get mundane or whatever... BAM you just... *hugs* Yeah that was freakin' awesome.

Also? Your characterizations of the boys were ON POINT. Your Kyle... like, I'm gagging it was so good. Literally in awe. I think I'm going to catalogue this story under 'future South Park canon that actually totally happens, thank you very much' for SO many reasons, and also it would be COMPLETELY like the boys to get themselves stuck on a raft in the middle of the ocean! ;)

The slow burn in this (on Kyle's side at least) made me ungh myself to sleep). Like I know it's not even that long of a story but kadfnkdsngandg.

I just feel so happy right now. So thank you for that. *hugs again*