Reviews for How They Didn't Find Out
God...
I can't even bother to log in right now. I don't even have words. I've seen my fair share of reveal fics, but none have been as heart-wrenching as this one.
I'm gonna go cry some more now
-TaintedTruths
Jamie McCrimmon chapter 11 . 2/5
I think this may be my favourite installment (at least of the longer ones anyway, though this whole collection is beautiful.) The characterization is pretty much perfect, and you successfully included two aspects I have been looking for in a Merlin fic for a while: the magic reveal being prompted by the Disir, and Arthur & Merlin experiencing telepathy - I had such a stupid grin on my face when I got to that part. Okay maybe someone else has written those story elements but I'm still relatively new to Merlin fanfiction, and you did them quite well. I liked your take on Mordred - a lot of people tend to JUST have him be evil, regardless of the chain of events that ultimately occurred in Series 5.

This one was so good it made me want more. Not that it needs a sequel - it doesn't, but if you were to do so, I'd so love to find out how Kilgarrah would react to everything (especially Mordred still being alive - like would he even still then be fated to kill Arthur? I mean it seems unlikely now), how Morgana would feel about the news of the magic ban being lifted, and how Gwen would be impacted by her husband's & best friend's new level of relationship.

I would have wrote a review for each one, but when each chapter has the same pros, then it gets repetitive. (I'm much better at finding new ways to say similar things in fiction than in reviews lol.) Your writing is just wonderful. You GET the characters, and you include the right twists at the right spots so it never gets boring.
nobody's doorway chapter 16 . 9/15/2016
I first read this story years ago and I loved it. Years and many rereadings later, I still do. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
cindy4651 chapter 8 . 5/7/2016
Lovely, thanks. A shorter similar FF story is The trouble with being an idiot by Allemande.
cindy4651 chapter 6 . 5/7/2016
Good story. I never understood how the BBC could make Merlin such an unbelievable coward that he never told Arthur. They were friends, they were at peace for three years, that really bugs me.
PenAndInkPrincess chapter 10 . 1/3/2016
This is like my third time reading this chapter because I'm apparently a masochist. This makes my chest physically ACHE. Everyone is written so bittersweet and beautifully, and their choices and interactions hurt so much. Just...wow. Amazing job. I don't even like angsty stuff, but this was gorgeous writing. Fantastic work.
Guest chapter 14 . 5/27/2015
Go sit in the corner and think of what you've done!
honestly I really have enjoyed these so far and am going to continue to read them but this still made me cry.
Guest chapter 8 . 4/26/2015
They're all awesome so far but I love love love this one! There should be more of this style haha
BookAddict67 chapter 10 . 1/27/2015
This was so. It hurt. A lot. How could Arthur do that? How the Hell could he do that?! And Merlin let him. No, he lit himself on fire. He let Arthur kill him because...Arthur.

And then everyone left. Because we all knew they would. It was all his fault. And even when he realized that he couldnt do anything. Even when Merlin came back, it was too late. Too damn late. They won't be the same again. But maybe they can be something else, there is hope.

Damn it all. I hate you. Its perfect. I'm gonna go continue crying now. Thanks. Honestly, it was great.
Anonymous Miki chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
*Deep Breaths*
That was beautiful. No other words to describe it other than that.
carifoo2001 chapter 16 . 10/23/2014
Awesome.

The email for this chapter has been sitting in my inbox for weeks.
Guest chapter 16 . 10/10/2014
HALELUYAH! That is one greeat chapter there ,atey.
Loulou2a chapter 16 . 10/10/2014
It's a good one, Arthur reeacts not too badly.
MamzelleHermy chapter 16 . 10/10/2014
Loved it! It was a quiet, nice reveal!
mersan123 chapter 16 . 10/9/2014
Excellent! Oh and thanks for not beating up on Merlin for a change. I'm sure he is happy to have a break.
Many thanks, loved the chapter.