Reviews for Ico: Voices
Happenstance chapter 2 . 6/18/2011
Brilliant! Please continue!
Left-Handed Hummingbird chapter 2 . 4/13/2009
Heh. And as surely as Griselda Banks down there came three years late, I come six years late.

It is very well written and quite captivating. Your voice (or rather, your take on Ico's voice) pulls the reader along effortlessly, and your attention to detail-names of the parts of the castle, archaic dialogue and haunting description make the story of Ico, so visually and sparsely conveyed, come alive in the written word. I especially like your add-ins. They, like threads in a tapestry, add greater cohesion and enjoyment to your short piece. I have not seen such good writing in a long time-and I'm not simply speaking of fanfiction.

I would that you'd finish this story. There isn't much hope for it now, as life is busy. But this is incredible and deserves continuation. Thank you very much!
Mjulinir chapter 2 . 8/3/2008
NO! Where's the rest? I adore the style that you used to write this; the archaic dialog and the medieval atmosphere that you lent to the story really bring it alive in a new light. I really loved the addition of the Gatekeeper and the use of parallels and foreshadowing that his story presented. I really hope that you choose to continue! Bravo!
PeterEliot chapter 2 . 12/15/2005
Griselda-

Thanks for the long and kind review. I do check GameFAQs almost every day, though I don't always have something to say. But be assured that if someone addresses me there, I'll notice it.

The annotation you mentioned is still on the message board in a lo-o-ng 2-year-old thread. That's as good a place as any for us to talk about the game.
Griselda Banks chapter 2 . 12/14/2005
I've just finished reading this (okay, so I'm about three years too late, but so what?), and I'm in awe. It's so BEAUTIFUL! Just like the game, even though you've deviated from what we see at the beginning to explain things in greater detail - which is good! I like how long your chapters are (no one should EVER have to apologize for such things!), and how detailed, and even how it's worded so it doesn't sound like a twelve-year-old. I wouldn't enjoy a story written by a child, and the thought that Ico is writing this when he's grown up and stuff makes me think of my own little imaginings about what happens after the end...which I'm keeping as vague as possible to preserve the beauty of the end.

I also want to thank you for two things: a) Deigning to write a novelisation on a place so lowly as FanFiction, yet still make it stupendous, and b) Telling me about how you can look up the definitions of words on this site! I didn't know, so now I know what a collonade is _

And I want to add that I've read your ICO Annotation on XD I loved it! That someone can appreciate the story so much to study it as though it's written by Tolkien or something is very gratifying, I'd say. I could say much more on your Annotation, but won't at the moment. Can I e-mail you to talk about it? I know you keep on saying that if people want to discuss ICO with you, to go onto the gamefaqs message board, but I'm afraid that I wouldn't find you or something like that. So, is it all right if I e-mail you instead? Or, I could bug you with PMs lol..._

Anyway, even though you haven't touched this for years, can you please contact me, or at least continue this novelisation? 'Cause it's really good...And in any case, you're immediately one of my favorite authors!
Tidus chapter 1 . 11/7/2003
I was looking at the fan fics on Ico and I saw Ico: Voices. I'm not done reading the first chapter, but I wanted to write a review because I love this story! This fic was very well written!

Please add more to the story!

I can't wait until Ico 2.
kleptomaniac0 chapter 1 . 8/20/2003
Excellent; I love the old world style of speaking you put into this. It brings a new dimension forth. Keep up the good work.
Yuki Natsumi chapter 2 . 7/28/2003
OA Good keep writin
Spoon chapter 2 . 7/28/2003
First off i have to say that i don't own a PS2 so i would never be able to play this game (unless they do a computer conversion) and i've so badly wanted to play this game since i've heard that it can not be described with words. Now you have started a novelisation of ICO, so i hope with all my heart that you would continue this all the way to the end since this would be the only way i have of ever experiencing ICO.

ps. I also read Vigils of Fate and wonder how you could handle 2 large projects and keep them so good. plz email me :)
Cless chapter 2 . 2/5/2003
I am awed by your literary ability. Your rendition of Ico is wonderfully paced, paying close attention to the slightest detail, as I often did in the game itself. It is obvious that this is a labor of love. Although some might be put off by the descriptive nature of the story, I find it enjoyable in that it keeps the pace of events slow and measured, again like the game. This is the kind of story I would like to be able to write about Ico.
Salthymar chapter 2 . 1/19/2003
Impressively descriptive chapter, possibly a bit too descriptive for some, but none of it, upon slowing down to read it, seemed excessive or superfluous. It still seemed to affect the flow of the story though. I guess we'll see how things progress for subsequent chapters?

You mastery of the relevent cultural and technical aspects of this story is impressive also. You either have picked up a lot in your own reading and education, or you've done a very painful amount of research in order to write this. (Maybe both?) Good job. 8)
Salthymar chapter 1 . 1/11/2003
Liked your first chapter- explains all the back story we wanted to get but didn't from that little movie at the beginning of the game that just showd guys in armor ride him/boat him into a castle then stick him into a stone box. Dialogue is just right- looking forward to seeing what you do with Yorda's language/thoughts and of course with those box puzzles too, hehe.
SakuraBubbles the Muffin Child chapter 2 . 1/10/2003
Of course, it was descriptive as usual. _ Now the good part is here! ! _ I'll go away now ::bows and runs away::
Rusty can't log in because FF.net is being mean chapter 2 . 1/9/2003
Wow...! You are an incredible author and I'm really looking forward to future chapters!
Jackie Almasy chapter 2 . 1/9/2003
Hey, its good to see this story updated! GREAT chapter! Just as well written as the first chapter, maybe even better! Peter, you are one very talented author and I hope that your work gets published! Looking forward to more, I'm a fan of your work now!

Jackie Almasy