Reviews for And The Weak Do What They Must
Magus chapter 1 . 3/24
I wasn't expecting Shinji to use a gun. I suppose his pride / dreams of being a proper magus kept him from using one in canon. But it would be an effective weapon for him, seeing that he doesn't have any effective circuits, and most magi despise / are unprepared for technology.

Shinji seemed a little less nasty than he did in canon, which is what you were going for, although the Shinji we all love to hate was still clearly there under the surface. And I'm sure that no matter how sympathetic he seems, he'd still have no problem ordering atrocities like the Bloodfort to win.
cocain2 chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
Wow, I never thought I'd feel sympathetic towards Shinji. I always wondered why Sakura didn't seem to really hate him despite all the things he did, this fic final puts things in perspective for for the great story.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
I really liked this. It explains Shinji's character.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
that ending /stung/ perfectly so.
Arkhe chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
I have a fondness for villains -mainly because there's so little information about their motivations, so this fic really hit a lot of points for me! Good job on expanding on the relationship between Shinji and Sakura too!

This really makes me want to try to resume a Shinji as a protagonist fic I had planned. Heh.

Either case, good job with this again!
TripOfDeath chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
Well I have to say this is pretty interesting and you have done a good job of creating an appropriate light to portray the sleazy rat bastard that is Shinji to actually make him feel sympathetic and I hope you continue this.
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
Well... Matou magecraft is as nasty as ever and Shinji shows an appropriate amount of Shinjiness... but I can't say I like this fic, don't have stomach for Matou's reality, and this one did a good job of describing it.