Reviews for Close Enough to Burn
Darkslayer18 chapter 11 . 7/10
Yuss! This story was great, really liked all the awkward and how long it fucking took them to realize their feelings. It didn't start off with either of them moaning about never having their feelings returned, which i don't mind sometimes but this was refreshing. They were just teens dealing with shit and then 'oh fuck we like each other!?' Loved it! hope to read more from you soon!
Darkslayer18 chapter 10 . 7/10
o3o dude that does sound amazing!
Darkslayer18 chapter 9 . 7/10
YES! That line is worth many boyfriend points Stan! Well done sir!
Darkslayer18 chapter 8 . 7/10
I like it o-o i can't stop now
Darkslayer18 chapter 6 . 7/10
Aww finally talking to each other o3o
Darkslayer18 chapter 5 . 7/10
Aww poor Stan, he's falling apart here.
Darkslayer18 chapter 4 . 7/10
Fucking Cartman -_-
Darkslayer18 chapter 3 . 7/10
O3o oooh Kyle, you have stolen my heart this chap. Giving Eric a shiner and being the aggressor? I like it.
Darkslayer18 chapter 2 . 7/10
Ugh this hurts deep, i feel Stan's pain. It's hard being in love with a bestfriend and seeing them with someone else :(
Darkslayer18 chapter 1 . 7/10
Aww poor kyle :(
Unvariablwater chapter 4 . 6/26
Hi! I just got across your cool ff, and I'm really enjoying it :)!
I think it's getting a nice developement between kyle's and stan's relationship and their feelings and i'm really glad you're not done with ff because you have an extremelly good ability to write.
I'm wondering how is gonna kyle's work affect to the plot? Guess i'm gonna have to keep reading :)
jade0dragon chapter 11 . 6/2
This was really good! I appreciated a lot of different things about it.
1. Stan and Kyle's relationship was realistic. They started as friends just like they are in the actual TV series and you actually showed their romantic development.
1a. Not only was the development clear and realistic, it also had a reasonable pace that kept me reading chapter after chapter and also didn't feel rushed.
2. The shift to Kyle's point of view when Stan went missing didn't feel awkward or too different from Stan's. You could tell it was a different perspective but it wasn't overdone.
3. Just the right amount of detail. You provide enough description that I can smell the burgers and fries where Kenny works, feel the fibers of Stan's scarf in my own hand, etc. but you also keep it short enough that it didn't distract from the plot at all.
4. Grammar and flow were all excellent and didn't distract from anything else.

Some suggestions that you should take with a grain of salt because I've never actually written fanfic before:
1. I know Butters wasn't really an important character to the story, but his dialogue felt a little off from how he speaks in the series. The way he spoke in this story reminded me of how weirdly he speaks when his character is first introduced in the actual series, in the meteor shower trilogy in season 3 or something. He speaks a lot differently in recent seasons, less awkward and childish. That's just how I feel about it.
2. There were only a couple of parts like this, but at times it was weird figuring out who said what because the formatting was sort of funky. Like someone would say something, then you'd put the other person's reaction to it on the same line and I'd have to reread it to make sure the person who I thought spoke actually was the one speaking.

Overall this is one of my favorite Style fics now, I favorited it. Great job, thanks for sticking it out and finishing it, and I hope to read more in the future!
PuppeteerOllie chapter 11 . 5/30
Loved this so much
Hollyleaf1122 chapter 11 . 5/30
Omg I can't believe it's over! I loved it, especially the ending! You're a really good writer!
AutisticyetAwesome chapter 8 . 10/16/2015