Reviews for Shot in the Dark
Walli chapter 4 . 12/13/2018
I read the sequel of the story, but couldn' t remember this. Interesting plot, I' m curious about the follow up.
Guest chapter 22 . 6/18/2018
Hello, just want to let you know that I'm enjoying this sory so far. You really depicted well John's underlaying rage, that was shown on season 4. And also his judgemental and critical treatment of Mycroft (for whom I have quite a sift spot) that also was very evident on season 4.
I'll keep reading because I'm very curious to know the end.
Doris A Baker chapter 6 . 8/20/2017
if you are still active, I am enjoying this work. Well done.
Prothoe chapter 48 . 1/22/2017
I have just checked: my last review for this story goes back to those days before series 3 aired... And I can only repeat what I wrote: time flies.
Like you, I'm so grateful that I've come across fanfiction - and that I made some new friends here ;)

Thanks for your words.
Azzy97 chapter 48 . 3/2/2015
Thanks soooo much for writing this amazing story, I think i've told you many times before that this is one of my favourite Sherlock stories. I'm sorry that it took me so long to finally get the chance to finish reading your last chapters of this story (about 4 months :) life got busy) Because i didn't review your last couple of chapters, this is for all of them, I love the way you manage to capture Sherlock and John's quirky relationship with each other and everyone else around them. I love the random bits of subtle humor slipped into the story. Overall this is a great story, both the storyline and the quality of the story and thank you again for taking the time to write it. Thank you also for our past conversations, they have always been great :)
-Azzy
RoadSoFar0301 chapter 48 . 12/14/2014
I cannot thank you enough for writing this story! I have honestly had the BEST time reading it! I truly appreciate that there are talented people out there like yourself who take the time to indulge us fans who simply cannot get enough of our favorite characters. Your writing is INCREDIBLE, your sense of character IMPECCABLE, and your commitment to your readers INDESCRIBABLE! I've never felt so connected to a story or an author before, and I thank you for allowing me to feel that. I hope you eventually find the time to write again because I would absolutely love to read more from you!
With lots of love,
RoadSoFar0301
Prothoe chapter 46 . 11/30/2014
Oh yes, about one and a half years since you published the first chapter of this story! Way before series three - incredible! Time flies...

Anyway, I think this chapter belongs to my favourite ones of this story, since it captures Sherlock and John's personalities and their friendship perfectly.
No action in here, so to speak, but still it is gripping and full of different moods.
The peaceful moment in front of the fireplace, Sherlock then (unintentionally) infuriating John, this wonderful friendship scene with Sherlock saying thank you and the foreshadowing at the end.

Oh, and this one made me chuckle: "Such a drama queen, he is" - "I know another one."
AnHoTh chapter 48 . 11/16/2014
Thank you for an amazing story! Every update notification has been met with elation on my part. I do hope your muse will strike again, and your life will allow it to do so. It has been wonderful to read this story and follow your journey into writing it. All the best, A
Prothoe chapter 45 . 11/16/2014
Can't wait to hear the boys shouting "Vatican Cameos" on telly again! ;) And the information 'magentacr' provided about this sentence was indeed very interesting - didn't know that before.

Although I already read this chapter once, I was again totally absorbed in this perfectly written action sequence (the purest action film, so to speak;))!
Once more, John's different skills came in handy and it was no wonder that our good doctor collapsed himself after the adrenaline wore off.

I really liked this moment when John arranged the Holmes brothers back to back, so that they were (inadvertently) supporting each other. Literally in this case - but they always need each other and care for each other, which also became apparent when Sherlock took Mycroft's hand.
Nice touch by the way with the paramedics. Trust Sherlock to always find a way out!

And Sherlock spitting at Brigitte: once more proof of his inner turmoil...
Prothoe chapter 44 . 11/9/2014
I have to admit that I already skimmed through all of the new chapters what with all the cliffhangers and the suspense! But first things: the banter between John and Mycroft in here is very intense. They both are strong characters and I think they are even somehow similar to each other regarding their personality.

And it makes my skin crawl to realise once again how much Sherlock was affected by his abduction as a child: you are showing this in those subtle changes in his voice.

Oh, and also liked the idea that Mycroft obviously had gone through a military career: interesting and indeed plausible if you come to think of it.
moonyluney chapter 17 . 11/9/2014
Hello! Now, I know that you have finished writing this story, but I just found it and you did an amazing job with the 17 chapters I have read! Great job with the writing, and nice work on destroying my feels. Thanks for this great story! :)
RoadSoFar0301 chapter 43 . 11/8/2014
And the plot thickens! I just wanted to say that I am very sorry that I haven't read and reviewed lately. It's that time in the semester when every big assignment comes crashing down on you, so I haven't had the chance. However, I'm beginning to catch up now, and I must say that this chapter is wonderful. I'm excited to see how it all ends! I can't say enough how much I have enjoyed reading your stories :)
librarianmum chapter 48 . 11/7/2014
Well, thank you very much...for making me cry. I can't believe it's over, except it isn't of course, because I've made a life-long friend. And it's been fun and NEVER a chore to read and comment and see how your English has developed. And you've entertained us so much with your gripping plots, and made me laugh and cry and bite my nails at the cliffhangers...

And now, time to sit back and relax (is that ever truly possible?) and enjoy your lovely little girl! And, now you know you can do it, one day you might just find your hands hovering over that keyboard once more...!

Much love...and thank you xx
TheGracefulBlueCat chapter 48 . 11/7/2014
Oh, the story is great. Thank you again for writing it and for hanging on, since you have family and all, until the conclusion. :)
...and thanks for the author's note, too. I love that you describe how stories accopany the writer and what you gained and learned by writing them. I feel the same so often, but I would never have been able to put it into words like that.
Greetings, Cat
magentacr chapter 48 . 11/7/2014
Aw, a well rounded off ending... I like that ending of the boys in front of the fireplace in 221b, although Sherlocks nightmare also seemed fitting, a reminder that although the adventure is over, its not all magically fixed and there is still some mental recovery to go on. I like to think of the fact that he managed to close the door at the end of the nightmare representing the closure he now has on his childhood captivity now that the family responsible has been taken care of.
I think I said it before but I will say it again, you definitely have done a marvellous job with this considering it isn't your first language, and your improvement has definitely been seen through the story which has been a joy to behold. I hope all goes well in your life outside fanfic, and if you ever do venture here again I look forward to seeing it :)