Reviews for Can the Heart Forget?
Aria Breuer chapter 10 . 4/9/2013
Well, this is a good story.

No, I was paying more attention to what revolved around Frodo and Sam anyway, but I did wonder for a while where Frodo was in the story. Still, what you said in your notes about Frodo and Sam's friendship being stronger and purer than love, I don't think that's true. I mean, the way I can see it, love is just as equal or greater than friendship, but love is also with friendship and can be just as pure. I guess those words hit me sharp when you said them, but I knew that what you said didn't feel right.

As for this story, which once again reminded me how strong Frodo and Sam's friendship is, you had several errors, a lot of them typos, grammar, and spelling. Also, you keep putting words that should be separate together, which included "each other" - this is how it is worded properly - several times. Also, place names like "Barrow-downs" and "Middle-earth" should be spelled this way, as they are titles and this is how Tolkien wrote them. The difference with your story, slightly, from others - which stunned and pleased me - is that Sam finally came to realization about using formality towards Frodo's name. Also, you did manage to wake him up somewhat, which I approved, since he seemed to only think with his head and not with his heart, but that's how I've seen him, too, which still irritates me. I know, most readers/reviewers will not think of that as irritating, but it can be and Sam is probably infamous - or famous for it, depending on how you look at it - for speaking formally of others.

I guess it finally has come across to me that Frodo and Sam's friendship is strong and pure in its own way, and isn't slash - in spite of what readers/reviewers like to think. Other than fixing errors, I say you did all right. You just need to keep working at it, and if this is just an earlier work of yours, then I'm sure your writing has improved since this story was posted and completed.

-Aria Breuer
Isabelf Drottning chapter 9 . 1/29/2012
I don't think you missed a single point of pain...

Poor Frodo! I LOVED sam going cold when frodo said these words (typing from memory here)"I have come. But I do not choose now to do the thing I came here to do. I will not do this deed. The Ring is mine!" AWESOME quoting job.
Morris the Fool chapter 10 . 7/29/2006
Thats amazing so deep plese write more!
elfitchick chapter 10 . 7/13/2004
Wow! This was a really wonderful fic. You kept very close to the real characters and I felt really connected to them. It was a beautiful piece and I look forward to reading more of your stuff in the future.
Chantelli chapter 10 . 4/10/2004
A sweet, sweet story! Got a girl all teary! Sniff! I'll never let go Rosie! I mean... nothing.
Stoneage Woman chapter 10 . 3/13/2004
Lovely ending. I like how you've ended it on a sad and happy note at the same time. I look forward to reading the sequel.
Stoneage Woman chapter 9 . 3/13/2004
Very sad, if you know what I mean. I don't think Frodo will ever recover form that "Mr. Frodo" of Sam's. Of course, I don't think Sam can ever recover from Frodo not recognising him. It's all really very sad. Great chapter.
Stoneage Woman chapter 8 . 3/13/2004
Great chapter, really great. Am enjoying it immensely. Very angsty.
Stoneage Woman chapter 7 . 3/13/2004
I'm adding this story to my favourite stories list. Right now.
Stoneage Woman chapter 6 . 3/13/2004
Great chapter, really enjoyable. I'm seriously loving this story. It is one of my favourite.
Stoneage Woman chapter 5 . 3/13/2004
Amazing chapter. I like the entire idea of it. Especially Gandalf's surprise.
Stoneage Woman chapter 4 . 3/13/2004
Great chapter! Completely flawless. You're descriptions are excellent. Really. You should consider writing for a career.
Stoneage Woman chapter 3 . 3/13/2004
I'm really enjoying this story. I especially like Cirdan. Nice potrayal. Who is he, anyway. Is he a boat-keeper, as such, or is he someone important?Great story!
Stoneage Woman chapter 2 . 3/13/2004
This chapter was touching. It had no mistakes at all. It was really sad. Exceedingly angsty too!
Stoneage Woman chapter 1 . 3/13/2004
Very well written. You have made a few mistakes though, grammatical ones. I like the way Sam's nickname for Rosie is Rose. Really touching chapter. I just came across this story.