Reviews for Flashman and the Iron Throne
x chapter 4 . 7/4
Very good, but Flashman had a worse potty mouth.
Technomad chapter 4 . 10/8/2014
Tyrion Lannister and Harry Flashman...this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Of course, if Tyrion finds out just how Harry got his laurels, he might reconsider...
Technomad chapter 2 . 10/8/2014
Selous versus the dragons. A crowning moment of awesome! And, seriously, if you're dealing with someone who has dragons, who better to call on than the greatest big-game hunter of them all?
Technomad chapter 1 . 10/8/2014
Ooh! OOH! I love this idea!
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 10/8/2014
I bet the Guides will embrace Shagga and his buddies like brothers (in a couple of cases, like sister, like that gal from the Black Ears). Probably trade 'I can TOO torture someone and keep them alive longer than you can!' stories.

Flashy, meet Tyrion. Love the crack about the chimpanzee and Joffrey, too.

As for whores, oh, the stories that Flashy and Tyrion can trade (though I think Yehonala could take them on both as once and leave them dead *and* smiling).
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 10/8/2014
OMG. This is brilliant. "Age and Treachery Always Overcomes Youth and Brilliance" although if Baelish had lived longer, he might have matched our Flashy someday.

No doubt Flashy knew that when he sliced Littlefinger up.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 10/8/2014
Hot damn. This is wonderful, including the footnotes. Kowtows three times in respect.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/8/2014
Oh, dear God. Gladstone had better watch out for his cufflinks, Littlefinger will have them as a Contribution to King Robert's Drinking Fund in a trice. Or perhaps a couple of trices.

Flashy, the Dothraki, and dragons.

This is going to be *fun*.
ute chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
Flashy in westeros? Between this and the Peter Wiggin story I think I may be a little bit in love with you. Platonically of course.
Sarah chapter 4 . 8/21/2013
This is absolutely marvellous! I've always been a fan of good old Flashy, and you've really nailed the tone of his narrative style - it sounds just like a Flashman novel. The battle scene in chapter 2 had me choking with emotion (just as all good battles should), at the courage of both sides, and the grief of Dany as her dragons died. Can't say I was that upset at Petyr's end though (and I look forward to seeing his eventual death in the actual series, though I suspect I may be disappointed as he'll probably get away with everything...)

My only complaint, which will show you how much I enjoyed this fic, is that it's only snapshots - I wish I could read the whole thing! Brilliantly done.
Gollykins chapter 3 . 7/23/2013
Question: What inspired the Brits to put boots on the ground in Westeros? For all the polemics railing against British imperialism over the decades, the British usually had SOME reason for sending in the troops, particularly during the Victorian period.

I assume that King Robert was dead by this point in your story. Did Joffrey make the mistake of taking some British diplomats hostage and then lop off their heads? (The Victorians didn't take such antics very well) Did Joff allow a mob to massacre some British Christian missionaries after they profaned a temple to the Seven Gods? (The self-righteous can often be counted on to do something stupid).

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Still a great story.
Gollykins chapter 2 . 7/22/2013
Good job and fun to read, too!

I came across your crossover by accident while wondering if someone had crossed GoT with Hemmingway and found your crossover instead. I am hugely enjoying it, and I like to think that George MacDonald Frasier would have enjoyed it, too.

Kaleesi of the Steam-Lands? What a delightful title for the Widow of Windsor!
Kataphraktos chapter 4 . 6/10/2013
Damn shame most of your work stays obscure.
Tiresias-135 chapter 2 . 5/30/2013
It should be a crime for this to not be a full story.
Robert's Hammer chapter 4 . 5/27/2013
Loving the Crossover! Though I was a bit put out at Petyr's death, Seemed like ifa anyone could outsmartthe Britich Empire it'd be him.