Reviews for Boys und Sensha-dō!
wolverine12 chapter 14 . 5/13
hey you going to continue this
...Maho constantly reminded me of Itachi from Naruto for the longest time ever (like in the movie when Katyusha said she was the only one fit to be a commander and Maho glared at Katyusha, either at the insult to herself ORRRR the insult to her baby sister!) and the way you portray her is fabulous! *much applause*
Xingdra chapter 14 . 3/1
Well that was an interesting read, but I wonder if this is still going to be updated. It don't seem to have been updated sense 2014. So three years so far and it was just getting good I thought.
Xingdra chapter 9 . 2/28
Well the story is good, but I don't like the fact Miho has to sit out two games. I would if she is iching to get back into the commander box. I also doubt that Yukari can do better at commanding the Miho as well. I don't really think they'll do well without her. Well maybe Akio would be alright sense he probably watches Miho a lot, but the rest. I don't think this next battle is going to end well unless it ends up 1 on 1 at the end.

If you ask me though I think Miho will still be the better commander if you ask me. The story is so far interesting. You didn't make the male character over shadow Miho as the commander. What I mean is that you showed that the males have strengths, but they still was not above Miho's tactics and stuff.
Guest chapter 14 . 11/18/2016
when will the next chapter be?
luka chapter 4 . 11/16/2016
this is that photo you were talking about

url?sai&rctj&q&esrcs&sourceimages&cd&ved0ahUKEwj1qc79ka7QAhVn5YMKHaRvApoQjRwIBw&urlhttp%3A%2F% .com%2Fcategory%2Fallied-use-wwii%2F&psigAFQjCNFmIJiZgWlfy5JYZPxeLU0mRr0Iwg&ust1479415390237040
WarHusky2000 chapter 14 . 11/11/2016
This story is amazing! Why don't you continue this story?
wolverine12 chapter 14 . 7/20/2016
hey are u going to continue this story
Countryboy93 chapter 1 . 1/30/2016
This isn't as realistic as I would prefer; but it's still a very good story if I read it for the character interactions and the battle sequences.
Overall, I'd say a 6 out of 10; definetly room for improvement, but well on your way there.
Madrugaur chapter 1 . 12/13/2015
You do not, I repeat, do not chose the Panzer III/IV over the KV-1S. But still, good story so far.
Michael Bourne chapter 7 . 10/19/2015
book her mother on child abandonment/endangerment charges 24/7 hour watch
Theralion chapter 3 . 8/30/2015
A common problem I've noticed in Girls und Panzer fan fiction, including this one, is the extensive- and at times, excessive- focus on technical details, often at the expense of plot and character development. Too often, writers eagerly write about all the details of the tanks Oarai's newest rival has, and give the commander a name and somewhat bare-bones personality as an afterthought (or in the case of Oarai's returning rivals, they tend to give more attention to how their arsenal or tactics has changed, rather than their personalities), sweeping them aside once the match is done.

By comparison, most of the technical details in canon were included in the manga, which is often considered more of a companion piece than a straight up adaptation. Even then, they were usually only brought up when they became relevant, and in relatively short internal monologues by Yukari, the resident tank nerd. By contrast, the anime was significantly lighter on such exposition, and for a reason; talking for a long time about technical details can be quite boring, and only a handful of the characters are enthusiastic and knowledgeable enough about tanks to be able to go into such detail.

Scenes in which characters spend a lot of time discussing their tanks could be significantly boiled down to what the reader needs to know, and the pertinent facts that would be relevant; keep in mind that most of Oarai, and a significant portion of GuP fans, are not familiar with the various obscure details of tanks, and what shells penetrate what armor at what ranges. For example, the narration could say that, in response to being outnumbered and mostly outgunned, Miho chose unconventional tactics for her rematch with Saunders and give a cursory explanation of what tactics she's planning on using.

If anything, the greatest flaw that many GuP fics have is that many come across as little more than a long series of tankery matches, which, while exciting, don't necessarily stand well on their own (particularly considering they're more entertaining to watch than to read about). While authors may enjoy writing a lot about obscure technical details, and assume that their readers share their desire, they should also consider what works for the story, and moderate it accordingly. By cutting down on that, you may have more space to develop characters, flesh out the setting, or simply have better pacing, which will result in the story being more interesting and enjoyable to read.

Again, this is hardly the first or only fic with this shortcoming, but perhaps this could be among the first to do something about it; I'm interested in seeing whether it is in future installments.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/23/2015
I have admittedly been spending alot of my free time researching world war 2 tanks lately, and as a result I found some little gems that might be of interest to you, concerning other tank academies. As follows:

Commonwealth tanks. Of the commonwealth countries, the United Kingdom was not the only one to make tanks.
Canada produced large numbers of their very own Ram tanks (based off the M3 Lee Chassis, but more similar to an M4 Sherman), as well as their own version of the M4 Sherman, named the Grizzly cruiser. It also produced Valentine tanks to be shipped off to the Soviet Union.
Australia, despite what wikipedia's list of world war 2 military vehicles might lead you to believe, had it's very own indigenous tank design, named the sentinel cruiser. In appearance it is very similar to the Crusader, but there is more to it than meets the eye. Unlike the Crusader, which is limited to a six-pounder gun as it's best possible armament, the Sentinel Can mount a variety of different guns, with the final variant being able to carry the famous 17-pounder anti-tank gun used on the Sherman firefly. Not a joke of a tank, like a certain tankette that I could mention.
New Zealand...well, let's just say it's about Anzio standard. They have one tank design that would be good for reconnaissance and little else.
Now, while On their own none of these might be enough for a whole Academy team, together, they work. Canadian medium tanks provide the backbone of the team, the Australian Sentinel(s) provide the punch, while the New Zealand tank(s) serve as scouts. Please do consider it.

Apart from that, there are a few others that are noteworthy. It is a little known fact that the Brazilians made an indigenous tank design of similar performance to the M4 Sherman (although was not based off of, mind). Hungary produced tanks of similar performance to the Panzer IV and StuG III, as well as light tanks.. All of their own design. Poland had tank...which while not very impressive were at least original. And, of course, let us not forget the French and Japanese tanks. Also, while they were later produced by the Germans, don't forget where the Panzer 38t and it's sibling tanks originally came from.

I hope that you will read this and consider some of the information presented. Love the story so far and can't wait for more.
danielg chapter 2 . 4/10/2015
not trying to sound critical or anything but there is one historical inaccuracy that nearly all people put in there GUP fanfics. the tiger(p) did not have the same armor as a tiger because of its revolutinary and fualty engine it could mount double the armor of a tiger while only sacrafising a little speed. so realy the front hull is 200mm thick a vary tough machine. sorry about spelling.
Theralion chapter 2 . 3/24/2015
Upon a second examination, and reading some more recently published works, I can conclude that this fic, while flawed in some ways, eschews some of the worst excesses of the "boys in tankery" genre in favor of a more realistic take.

*While I had thought of Akio and the rest of Shark Team as getting good too quickly, on second thought, in light of their performance against Dalian and Continuance, they seem to be more balanced than most teams. It's also something of a refreshing change of pace to see Alligator Team as one of the less useful teams, although they could use more characterization to become more than "the other boys' team." Neither team has military training, none of the boys become de facto commander of the team, and apart from the time when Akio saved Miho after her tank almost ran her over, none of the girls lose competence to make the boys look good. Akio also scores lower than many OCs do on the Official Mary Sue Litmus Test.

*The boys' tanks are somewhat exotic, but not as strong in comparison to canon characters' tanks as in other fics.

*The main opponents to tankery are portrayed somewhat negatively, with Shiho's rationalizations for disowning Miho almost unanimously rejected (essentially, the entire belief that disowning Miho is a necessary step to be able to allow Miho to do things her own way while Shiho herself continues to oppose boys in tankery falls apart if you conclude that Shiho should not be against boys in the first place), although Maho seems disproportionately harsh on Erika. On the other hand, it's never treated as a given that boys should get involved in tankery, nor is the rest of the world assumed to be united in favor of coed tankery and toward pressuring Japan to fall in line. Perhaps we're not meant to think of fighting the inclusion of boys in tankery as a reason that justifies disowning Miho, but Shiho is not necessarily alone in her opinions.

*My criticisms of Miho and Akio's relationship still stand. He shouldn't be treated as Miho's best source of emotional support. Miho has known since at least Chapter 7 of Little Army, that her family is unusually strict, as Emi tells her that the Nishizumis are reputed as being notoriously strict even compared to other tankery families, which is proof that her treatment *is* highly unusual, even among families that could be compared to the Nishizumis. Additionally, Maho is self-aware enough to know what other people think of her relationship with Miho that she shouldn't need to be lectured about it while visiting Miho in the hospital after she was almost killed. In fact, she deserves to know that her efforts aren't in vain, and there are people out there, Miho included, who do understand her. Lastly, Miho spending time with Akio shouldn't come at the expense of spending time with her team.

With all those complaints about the relationship out of the way, though, I can say that it is proceeding at a realistic pace. Fourteen chapters, 80,000 words, several weeks of in-universe time, three and a half exhibition matches and one practice battle into the story, they're still just friends(Akio believes that the bar is low for that, which does come off as somewhat insulting to Anglerfish Team, Hitomi, Chihiro and Emi, but that's another matter), with the occasional protest by Akio that Miho isn't his girlfriend. They have a long way to go, as does the story, which means that they're right where they should be for their devleoping relationship.

In short, while this fic has its flaws, I've also become able to appreciate some of the things it does well, and felt the need to point the out here.