Reviews for The Lure of Chaos
sonic chapter 4 . 12/29/2018
I liked the end!
The Politician chapter 4 . 6/7/2018
Now, perhaps it's because I'm not a major fan of Warhammer 40k, but I actually found this interpretation of the lore to be quite plausible. Now, I know what is considered cannon, however, there are some things to consider.

We know that the Imperium of man can be compared to the Stalinist U.S.S.R., and if we do that, then the comparisons are obvious. In this case, Horus would be a Trotsky-like figure, and Guilliman is similar to Stalin. In real-life, after Trotsky was accused of being an agent of the western capitalists, which in the Warhammer 40k verse would be the forces of Chaos. The claims are BS, but that doesn't matter for propaganda.

While there is of course material on such matters, I've heard it said that the fluff is actually considered to be in-universe propaganda, and therefore unreliable. Considering just how tyrannical and totalitarian the Imperium is, any information must be taken with a grain of salt.
Quintus Sertorius chapter 4 . 8/10/2017
That was a really nice story, but the major lore violations made me cringe
Sword27 chapter 1 . 7/16/2017
Such a great story! Though I think I'll be hunted down for reading such heresy I say that it's worth it. I like how you pitted two opposing beliefs and how you added the 'cover up' story for the Horus Heresy. Also, the way that you added the 'good side' of chaos. Nice ending too. Hope the couple survives and that they avoid capture from the Inquisition or any sick things coming from the 'bad side' of chaos.
Guest chapter 4 . 10/23/2016
A clever ending. The Inquisitor is right, even if the chaos gods can be benevolent, on the whole, they have many insane followers and they have guided many to madness and ruin. I enjoy the bit of ambiguity your story has in this regard...
Officer Hotpants chapter 4 . 8/6/2016
This. is good. This is damned good. I particularly like the pointing out of the fact that the gods don't just revel in death and suffering. Reminds me of Magnus' explanation of their importance to all life in If The Emperor Had a Text-to-Speech Device.
Neacroon chapter 4 . 5/30/2016
Well... Heresy! But seriously, with a bit of mind altering and impishness of Slaaneshi priestess, that would have worked for me :D Beside obvious twisting the real history of Imperium, Chaos Gods have their "positive" aspects...so everything is possible.

Anyway I havent expected anything like this and was taken by suprise... It was amazing idea, perfectly executed and well writen, with a bit of over-happy ending, but why not ;) Ech, another poor soul has fallen. As they say: "Chaos claims the unwary and incomplete..."

Thank you very much, good sir, Neacroon out!
Legionnaire123 chapter 4 . 1/26/2016
Graf Eisen III chapter 4 . 3/4/2015
The Primarchs aside...the portrayal of Chaos here does make a certain degree of sense. The Chaos Gods do in fact reflect benign aspects as much as malevolent ones, and many Chaos-worshiping worlds prior to the Great Crusade were pretty normal ones.
SPG inc chapter 4 . 3/30/2014
I think this is a great idea for a fic. I like both these characters a lot.
0427123 chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
Then again the writing is titled as "The lure of Chaos". Perhaps the fic was not once where the author changed and questioned the lore, but rather just that. The tale of Chaos and their blasphemous lies... FOR THE EMMMMPROOOAAARR!
0427123 chapter 4 . 1/2/2014
This. This was the most RAEG inducing thing I have ever read. I raged a lot at the hilarity and heresy of it all, as any Emperor fearing servant of the Imperium would. Firstly i must applaud you for the excellent layout of the fic. Everything was well phrased and I was never once bored. That of course may have been due to the fact that I was on the edge of my seat, waiting to see if righteous good would triumph over that which is wretched and evil. Other than that, all I have to say is that your story at times had lore defficiencies, eg. when Magnus breached the Imperial Palace Webway it was not the webway that was "broken", rather the wards placed there by the Emperor. Seizing this opportunity, the daemons of Chaos seeked to destroy the palace from within, and this was the final factor with accumulated to the Emperors ascention to the throne. He needs it amplifying qualities if the Astronomican is to still guide voidships through the Warp, and his constant will is required to prevent daemons from tearing out the heart of the cradle of humanity. Of course I could be completely wrong. Its lateish around here, 1:30ish, and I really haven't been sleeping :/.
silverrunsinmyveins chapter 4 . 11/6/2013
my god this story is glorious. has characters with some depth and a really well set out backstory with the herasy. 10/10

descriptions didnt distract and the story did not drag. marvellous.
Absolute Edge chapter 4 . 10/25/2013
Very, very good. Also I had to look up 'gravid,' (curse my weakling English), but that's on me of course.
Guest chapter 4 . 10/23/2013
Despite what I said in that previous review. I I I think I'm about... To burn something. The amount of blasphemous lies blarrdhjsnrjfn.