Reviews for Truth
Ignigeno chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
I like the way you've written this. It's like a series of flashbacks to key points in Harlan's life showing his path from an ambitious young man to a regret filled father. Very little is ever written about him so this is very refreshing.
I feel I should probably point out one small error. Alma only woke up when Point Man was born, she gave birth to Paxton without incident. I think this is only ever mentioned in the Armacham Field Guide though. So if you weren't aware of that just ignore me. I just thought I should mention it. :)
Alardem chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
This is probably the most nuanced and sympathetic portrayal of Harlan Wade to come out since FEAR 3 demonized him. There's still a huge leap from him giving away Alma to coldly allowing her to be sedated, but I applaud your ability to explore this character's motivations without dipping into melodrama. Plus the attention to small parts of the FEAR universe (the Vietnam War, Alma NOT attending Wade Elementary) also seems nice. :)

A couple of personal things:

1. Habegger's name is misspelled, although that's understandable.
2. FEAR 2 did hint at Harlan being able to control his daughter through fear - an intel file mentions that she would become catatonic in the presence of extreme anger, especially her father's.