Reviews for Fallout
Thursday's Dove chapter 1 . 9/22/2014
This story just hits you right in the gut. One thing I thought the show was missing for sure was how all of this would affect Molly, and I think you described it all here beautifully. I found myself even feeling Molly's emotions at different points in the story, and almost hating Sherlock for putting her through all of that. I'm glad he came to show his appreciation for her too, in the end. And I'm glad that the John/Molly-ness wasn't overwhelming either. I don't think this fic was about the ship so much as it was about Molly's endeavors.

Anyway, loved it! Thanks for sharing. :3
badculture chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
10/10 would cry again.

I was already under the impression that you had some serious writing chops and this story did not disappoint. It's obvious that a huge amount of time, care and research went into the piece; everything feels very grounded in detail.

I especially loved the ending. It was uplifting, but there's a bit of blackness to it too, in the fact that Molly is made happy by some pretty grim stuff. And the idea of her going on adventures is pretty rad.
likingthistoomuch chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
Wow, what a fic. Loved the detailed description of Molly's state of mind, transition to depths and back...congrats, this was awesome.
lavanyalabelle chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
Loved . .
thetamedrose chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
That... That was beautiful to read. I didn't know what I was endeavoring myself to read when I saw this, but I wanted to read it and see for myself. An author doesn't write 30k words without a reason. And this was just beautiful. Molly's development over time and the care and effort you put in order for it to be a smooth, realistic and elegant transition over time made me excited. Molly's suicidal tendencies and her lack of faith in herself was just... Amazing to read. I'm not saying it's a good thin but you wrote those scenes in a way that I fully understood Molly's pain and suffering.

Infinite infinite infinite kudos to you. As an avid Sherlolly fan, it's pieces of work like this that make me realize it's not the pairing that matters in fanfiction, but the author's string of words that can make anything believable. Thank you for such a good read.
levavi chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
Love it! Thanks a lot for a great story. I would love to read more from you.
Imogen74 chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
Lovely! Thank you for this.
broadwayb chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
I FOUND YOU! Ugh, I've been looking for this story for ages! *favorite button clicked*
furthercuriosities chapter 1 . 9/3/2013
Wow. A very brave and emotional character study without the slightest bit of sugar coating. I didn't doubt your characterization of Molly at all. Bravo. This deserves far more reviews.

The only left wanting, I think, was more of Sherlock's reaction. It would have been nice to see a bit of closure in Molly's relationship with him.

Overall, very nice job.
pamelawright chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
So, this little bit is the part that stood out to me :

"At best, Molly is to Sherlock what Eowyn is to Aragorn, the interesting character that helps him out because she loves him but is never actually worthy of his regard, important only because of what she can do for the hero but otherwise serving no purpose. At worst, Molly is nothing more than the sad, empty character designed to make Sherlock desirable, important only in her function of adoration."

I honestly believe this is exactly how the writers of Sherlock will deal with the Molly issue in season 3. I truly hope that I am wrong.
the point chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
Dear kitsunerei88,

I am infinitely impressed by this work. I'm surprised at the lack of reviews, as it is obvious that you've put a lot of thought, research and work into this very long and very detailed one-shot. If John and Molly were ever to be together, this is a plausible take.

Molly's emotions and thought process is wonderfully written here, and of course she would feel stressed from Sherlock's "last" request. It would certainly make it hard for me to sleep, eat and work. And the way you portrayed her as mulch-faceted is consistent with her blog (which your story drove me to read), as she confesses that she's only a blubbering idiot near Sherlock.

Good job! I will now browse through the rest of your works.

Cheers,
the point
pruplup4 chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
Wow, um. I was just browsing stories and came across this one, and... Wow.
I haven't seen such a take on Molly's character, ever. On the show one doesn't see much of Molly Hooper - in fact, we're not even sure that it's her official name. Could just be a nickname. She could be anyone. She's a really adaptable character, and that is the beauty if her, and why she is such a great character to explore. Almost no one takes advantage of this in fanfiction, but you have. You've made that stuttering little girl in the morgue into a character with real backstory, backbone, and substance, and that is something long overdue for Molly.
This is almost a character sketch of everything Molly Hooper could be. In fact, she's almost the most enigmatic character of the lot, because she is so... Generic. At least with Sherlock, his mystery is defined - aloof, cold, quite possibly asexual and most definitely sociopathic. But Molly? We have no clue. Great job with her character.
Your sentence syntax is beautiful. Your language flows and reads well, like prose poetry rather than actual prose. I had no trouble with grammar or spelling or word choice, which is something I'm very picky about in fanfiction. I've abandoned good fanfiction because one sentence is off. So. Great job. Extremely well written.
Your explanations of forensic crap was neatly sewn into the text, and you can hardly notice the seams. Everything makes perfect sense. Awesome research, I must commend you for that. Tell your doctor beta that everything went swimmingly!
The plot went at a great pace. Her descent into a hellhole was perfectly portrayed, not painted up at all, but not overly dramatized either. Perfect.
The characterization of John, Lestrade, and the enquiry team went great. I think you had their stories in there without really focusing on them. Maybe you could've made it a bit more in depth. Like talk about their relations a bit more. It'll make apparent Molly's distance from them. That's my only real complaint (which I had to search for!)
But yes. I loved this. It's not exactly how I see Molly, but the motif of 'Clever Molly, Silly Molly' is genius.
Great job! I'll be looking out for your work in the future.
Monirosez chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
Amazing story! It was so intense and accurate and I enjoyed it a lot. Also, it was kind of personal to me...people really can't see the real me and it's sad. Thank you for your hard work, til next time!
Uncertain Anonymous chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
That was incredible. Well written, great plot, realistic... I loved it.
bethanria chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
Well done! It's really good and I've never really read anything like it before. Well done again! :)