Reviews for Shadow Child
Marcia Pereira d chapter 42 . 5/23
I hope i can still follow, can u tell me if I'm still going to get the emails?
I LOVE THIS FIC, THANKS.
Marcia Santos chapter 41 . 5/20
I'M SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK, I LOVE THIS FIC, I LOVE HOW YOU WRITE. I EVEN THINK I LEARN THINGS. CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT CHAPTER, AND I'M GLAD SHERLOCK IS IMPROVING. THANK YOU, CHEERS!
Amazing!
Companion Teresa chapter 41 . 5/20
It's ironic that people who have the greatest reason for anger are so often denied its vital release. Poisons that accumulate for years, if not decades, are not released.

I know what damage this can do to anyone caught by an abuser and the ongoing struggle that you, the author, have as genuinely portrayed along with the on-going journey that the survivors go through to healing.

Thank you for sharing this story with us.
For a doctor john is a bit of an asshole pushing and pushing until he gets his way and has sherlock tell him what he wants to know.

That's just fucked up i hope none of his patents ever suffered child abuse his clearly NOT a good listener or a good friend for that matter.
GothDyke chapter 40 . 11/13/2017
Wow! What a ride on the ongoing wave of high emotional intensity that this story maintains! I am totally swept away.

As a person who suffered through a similar experience as Sherlock did, and as someone who is "highly disordered" as a result (although with different diagnoses), I can totally relate to Sherlock.

And as as someone whose best friend didn't want to acknowledge her self-destructive "life style" for a long time, I can totally relate to John.

You have captured both sides really well and very realistically. I have never read a story that utilizes first person perspective so well.

I am eagerly awaiting an update - even if it takes a year. And I hope that RL gets better for you in the meantime.
Guest chapter 40 . 8/3/2017
Fantastic as always. Love the writing so much! So much talent and love is put into this book. I am actually in love with this writing. Probably my favorite Sherlock Fanfic yet!
Altariel de Valinor chapter 40 . 8/1/2017
Ok. I had forgotten how the monster felt.

Usually, I read first directly in English and then a translate version (using Google Translator, for example) if I missed something, because I am a Spanish speaker (and not really so fluent in English). But now, I only read the translate version because I couldn't stop to reading (except one chapter when I had to stop, and it wasn't that with descriptions of child murderes XD).

It's so hard to say in one review all that you could say behind 40 chapters of a fic like this. It's so exact that you come to feel real fear. I can say I have been in both sides (John and Sherlock), not exactly this illness and not so extreme, but very close in a lot points (perhaps in some things you can't imagine). Read your fic was very usefull to me, because it's healthy if something remember me how those inner monsters feel (even you don't believe me, your fic came to me in a necesary moment; there's not coincidences, only synchrony XD).

After to end to read, I had to fly to read fics with extra dosis of Johnlock fluff XD

In some point of the fic, I was going to say that your were being very repetitive, but THIS IS HOW IT IS IN REAL LIFE! An enormous wheel, the same again and again, while you try and try to change it in to an ascendent spiral (in the best case, when you are in the John's side or when you are in a best day, becasuse if your're not... you know, you may not want an ascendent spiral).

I like me very much that Yuri knew how exactly John felt.

I only have one question: If Sherlock's childhood would have been completely normal, he would still be asexual? on other words, is he asexual for real? (I know this is a sensitive question, I hope I don't bother you).

At the end, I can say this is a very good fic. Thank you and congratulations.

I hope you will be completely fine soon.
Marcia Santos chapter 40 . 7/29/2017
I can't wait for u to post chapter 41, cheers.
novelteas74 chapter 36 . 7/28/2017
I'm all caught up now except for your latest chapters. Poor Sherlock. So many emotional issues that chase after him into adulthood. I really love this story.
Guest chapter 39 . 7/24/2017
Amazing story. Couldn't stop reading it. It's made me open my eyes and understand all the problems many people must go through. Can't wait to see how the story unfolds. 11 out of ten stars:)
becgate chapter 39 . 7/17/2017
Love it!
Astrido chapter 39 . 7/17/2017
interesting chapter. i like that sherlock opened up. john could have suggested breaking cups or sticks (from trees) or something.
the plot always feels a bit like start up-cancel, instead of flowing through the story.
anyway good luck with the next one.
cheers
Maya
marcia santos chapter 39 . 7/17/2017
I'm glad ur feeling better. I'm soooo glad u post, I love this fic, I love ur writting, its intense and I think I learn things too.
I hope u can post as soon as possible.
Cheers!
Graveofthefireflies chapter 39 . 7/17/2017
I'm so happy to see an update on this story. I was super curious what happens next. It's great to see you writing again. All the best wishes for your recovery. I hope that you are going to get a lot of enjoyment from your writing, that is most important.