Reviews for The Door That Shouldn't Be In Front Of Me
KarrineGenesis chapter 3 . 2/8
I just read that his eyes are green. Will you touch up on the fact people under mind control have blue eyes, he had blue eyes during the attack, and now His eyes are back to green like in the 2 Thor movies, meaning it was most likely that he was under mind control during the whole Avengers movie/time frame?
tatiana.j.davidson chapter 20 . 12/9/2014
Thor telling Odin off... now that is true love!
And Heimdall...SERIOUSLY?!
Christina Norcinu chapter 28 . 11/5/2014
This was absolutely positively one of the most amazing stories I have read so far. Your writing is simply beautiful and I read this entire thing within 2 hours during school between doing work. I couldn't stop reading. It was amazing
Grac3 chapter 28 . 11/4/2014
I have absolutely adored reading this fic. I really enjoyed the plot. And it had just the right amount of angst and h/c. Plus, you write Pepper really well. By the way, was that little bit in the epilogue about going into space a reference to Planet Hulk?
WolfsongDarkforest chapter 28 . 10/17/2014
What a beautiful story! Your grammar is impeccable, and spelling perfect! No one was out of character, and it held me entrapped for a long time!

How did you get the idea for the hot and cold thing?
Hekka chapter 27 . 10/13/2014
Eh? As far as I remember Loki froze Heimdall not because of personal animosity, but because the gatekeeper proved himself unreliable (and therefore he can not be trusted with Loki's plan on how to prevent war between the realms. Or expect that he will not interfere in deals of his regent). Heimdall really violated the order of Odin (let Thor and his companions pass to the forbidden sphere) and order of Loki about not opening the Bifrost to anyone...
Hekka chapter 26 . 10/12/2014
"to make the amends he needed to on both realms"
So, does this mean that Thor and Loki has intention to return Casket in Jotunheim (as Thor promised)? It would not be a bad start for trying to establish real diplomatic relations, and compensation of the damage.
By the way about the casket. I don't get something. How is it possible that the seidr is innate part of every Jotun as well as the heart and lungs (meaning every Jotun is born with it and it is their own and not otherwise), but Clint's threat to quit casket into the abyss still worked. Jotnar for thousands of years lived without casket which means that their individual seidr not in any way tied to it (if this were the case they would have withered without a source of their power, or would have become puppets of Allfather). But it is also clear that without casket jotnar not able to restore their realm to it's pre-war glory...Sooo Clint's conclusions about the fate of jotnar in case of loss of the casket were wrong, but he was not mistaken about their quest for power casket. Am I right?
Hekka chapter 23 . 10/12/2014
If Jotun are able to regulate their body temperature, how it happened that Loki frostbitten Thor's hand? Or did it happen because Loki was not exactly a conscious and therefore cannot control the reaction of his own body?
Hekka chapter 22 . 10/12/2014
It is clear that after the first movie Odin revealed to Thor some truths about Loki. But I somehow doubt that he would do something so foolish as wide publicity of the truths above... Hence the question: how Helblindi learned about his kinship with Loki? It's not like Loki shared this information with Laufey. Or with anyone, for that matter.
And one more question (which is not affiliated me until now): what have Odin done with Loki's withdrawn seidr? It's clear that it could not simply evaporate, but Odin did not offer to return it back to Loki when he learned of seriousness of the situation. Soo, what exactly Odin did with it?
Hekka chapter 20 . 10/12/2014
Well, as I understood it from the movie, the first three Jotun did not even know who helped them (the conversation between Loki and Lafey left it very clear). What's mean that Loki just left open portal and allow some Jotun to find it and report about it to Lafey (otherwise how would he know that?), who in turn had planned this perilous quest (small number of Jotuns indicated that Lafey well aware that such portals do not just happen, and it can be as well as help from someone holding a grudge against Asgard as a trap). And given of Loki's purpose, I do not think he forgot to close that particular poratl after his plan was complete. And because of that I'm at a loss how Jotuns stolen the Casket (Loki spent Lafey and his companions through the Bifrost, and it hardly that on the way he decided to share with them his secret routes).
Hekka chapter 4 . 10/11/2014
Ehem ... Loki was stripped from his seidr, not turned in human. And therefore he is not mortal (still jotunn and all). In addition, he natural shapeshifter and he is now in the aesir form (cause it can not be Odin's spell that determine Loki's appearance as the aesir: otherwise, why would he not have made Loki look more as his with Frigg son. Besides, during all these years the spell definitely was to fall into disrepair in moment of caster's weakness (regular periods of odinsleep). So it should be Loki's own innate abilities of shapeshifting. And most likely that Odin just provoked them with his spell). So he is still much stronger than our average human.

And what about spell extracted by Odin ... I'm confused. As I understand it, seidr something like internal energy (power? whatever). Not knowledge and experience acquired by Loki at research and training. Spells are that knowledge and experience. So how Odin was able to get that concrete conveyance spell? Or is he messing with Loki's head when he performed the second part of the sentence?
ladykatyhawk chapter 3 . 8/17/2014
Ha, I was reading the part with the travelers blessing and couldn't understand why you repeated the blessing.
Then I realized that you'd written it firstly in norwegian *face palm*

Anyways, great story so far!
fluffykitty12 chapter 28 . 6/18/2014
OH MY FREAKING GOD I OOVED IT SO MUCH!
fluffykitty12 chapter 18 . 6/18/2014
I really need to make sure i faved this... c'mere you little box! Lemme click you!
fluffykitty12 chapter 4 . 6/18/2014