Reviews for Between Sea and Sky
tehgreeneyes chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
I know it's just the first chapter but I love this fic so much already. That sword fight/training was intense and a nice way for them to talk about everything. Well Emma did most of the talking, but yeah she said more than she wanted. I'm so looking forward to the next chapter, and their interactions after this.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
Amazing, if not even epic beginning! Hope to see much more ;)
timeless23 chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
That swordfight was intense! It was angry and passionate, and clearly they both have a lot of issues to work through with themselves and each other, but I'm glad that they addressed them out loud already. Emma letting slip that she went to Manhatten for him? Priceless! Already love the way you've set the baseline for this story. Fantastically written.
Angelfan984 chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
Wow, that first chapter was jam backed! It must have taken a lot of time to write this one up. Well done, it was quite impressive! From Emma's mood swings and Hook's constant prodding, this was an awesome start to what I am sure will be an amazing story! Can not wait to read more. :)
beautifuldisazter chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
This story is beautifully written! You drew me in with the palpable tension and emotions running between Emma and killian. Can't wait to read more!
Purple Carnation chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
Yay! I've finally found an OUaT fanfic that is really good! So far all of the ones I've come across are just mediocre, but I'm really quite taken with this one and I can't wait for an update. I like how the characters are more realistic. One of my peeves with most of the other fics I've tried is that everyone is OOC. That's so frustrating. I'm really glad you're not having Emma just fall into Hook's arms, because that's half the fun! haha
Anyway, I'm super excited for your next update! :D
xBBx chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Very intense and intriguing new story. I hope you continue it soon! :)
B
barcorelle chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
This is so fantastic and epic and I can hardly wait for more. What you did with the sword fighting, how it brought into relief Emma's realistic state of mind, her attraction to Hook, Hook's anger, was something I could actually see happening *loves*
SanaM1980 chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Soo good! Please continue! :)
magicalandfullofhope chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Reading this was simultaneously the best and the worst thing that has ever happened to me. HOW DO YOU WORDS
Guest chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
i. can't. wait. for. this. amazing-ness. to. unfold.
readingisthelife chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
"Why would you do that?"

Stopping for a moment she closed her eyes, her breathing still heavy, her heart in her throat, she tried to calm herself—attempting to steady her racing thoughts and furiously beating pulse.

"Because it was the right thing to do." she said quietly, without turning around."

Omigod. Omigod. That part killed me.

They really would be angry with each other, wouldn't they? They both have legitimate reasons to hate each other. This story feels a lot more accurate than a lot of other fanfictions, in my opinion. Hook and Emma are NOT in love yet, they are still teetering between trusting and not trusting each other, and they are both still too burdened by their past to even allow themselves to think about having feelings for someone else right now...if they do have feelings for each other, they would definitely being going through desperate measures to suppress them. This was really terrific, and I can't wait to see where you go with this:D
emmaduckling chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
I have to go to bed early, I really do. Otherwise I'll be a zombi tomorrow at class. But then I saw this fic. And it's 7000 words. And it's written by you. And what the hell *goes to read it immediately*
HarajukuOtaku chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
First off, slow clap for the sword-fighting scene. Marvelously done.

And second, the way you mixed introspection with outward feelings, especially on Emma's part...I cannot wait for more. Glorious, this part in particular:

"He was always coming back.

She hated him.

God how she wanted to hate him."

...absolutely stunning.
Griffinesque chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Your awesomeness knows no bounds! I am so happy that I stumbled upon this fanfic! I lover your characterizations! I love the interactions between Emma and Hook! I also love absolutely everything about this chapter! I also love how Hook is always there when Emma needs someone!

I loved reading this part (I absolutely love how you fit that part in!):

She watched as something odd crossed his features, something almost pained and broken, before he collected himself quickly and spinning fast he began to fight her again.

I absolutely loved reading this part:
She wanted to hate him with every fiber of her being because hating him would make things simpler and less messy.

But, slowly, finally, she was beginning to accept that no matter how many times she thought it, no matter how many times she said it, there was something inside of her that refused to believe it.

She wanted to hate him.

But she couldn't.

Casting a look back, she saw that he was still staring after her. Their gazes met, and in that brief moment she felt something spark in the air, traveling between them and hitting her square in the chest. Startled, she jumped slightly, unsure whether she had actually felt the odd jolt or had imagined it, and shaking her head she broke away from his stare.

Henry.