Reviews for Slow Fade
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Laura.
Have I ever told you how much I love Severus' tragic life? Because this. This is exactly why.
He did everything for Lily. He wanted to be good for her; he wanted to be the person /she/ wanted him to be - good and kind and better than he was. And it still wasn't enough. He still couldn't be that person.

[He started slipping and she started pulling away or she started pulling away and he started slipping or...] - I really love this. I love that he can't remember how he lost her. That he can't remember if she was pulling away from her before he started down that road, or if she pulled away because he started down it. Lovely.

[he wanted her to hurt — in that moment] - personally, I don't see the need for the dash. But it might be a difference in the way we're reading it.

[They say that the descent into hell is easy] - All this reminds me off is the saying "The path to hell is paved with good intentions". But regardless, I love that line!

[He wants to prove that he is worthy of her. /And some part of him knows this isn't the way to do it] - Again, everything in his life revolves around her, and it's so tragic. It's horrible that everything he's done is to prove his worthiness and she still finds him lacking.

[Eventually, he does, but not as the same man who fell. He is forever scarred, forever broken, forever tainted by the path he never entirely meant to take] - This was just a brilliant way to end. I love how it shows that he did change. And I definitely love how the wrong path "tainted" him. I don't know what it is about that description, but I love it.

This was just gorgeous, m'dear.
kci47 chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
Love this! It's short but SUCH a great exploration of Severus' "slow fade". Really, really well written.
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
This was a lovely look into the mind of Severus Snape. I can imagine his descent into evil kind of did go like this, and if Lily hadn't rejected him like she had, he probably wouldn't have been so cold-hearted.

This was a great job, Laura, well done!
Ralinde chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
(Just checking out the competition ;-))
Funny how we both did a character study as our final piece. I think you've described Severus' descent well, the ambiguity of his feelings towards the Dark Arts and the fact that Lily was his anchor that kept him steady. It really must have been a hard time for him, seeing her leave but not being able to change anything about it. Well done!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Bitch. whore. schitzo . addict.

molested raped trash. pseudo poet. Pity fuck. aborted first born child ' 03 you were (and remain) to much of a junkie /sex addict /drunk / piece of shit living at mommys house with no job. smart choice.

& There u are, the fuel to ease your nar. supply needs . That takes care of what you fiend scheme and fish for. Now go fuck , smoke ur drugs , spread disese, obcess, pay for women to learn to love/ fuck you.
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Wow, this was really really good! :)