Reviews for Life As We Know It
Lenle.G chapter 2 . 9/20/2013
These are wonderful! Your writing never ceases to make me grin like a loon at the computer screen.

If your looking for prompts, something hurt/comfort involving a hurt!Tintin and a fatherly Worried!Haddock would be wonderful to read!
Thanks for writing, you're a star! :D
RoeBoat chapter 2 . 8/19/2013
As always, I enjoy your writing and this world you've established. These little short stories are a great way to tackle those difficult-to-update scenes, and I love the glimpses of characterization we're getting from these snippets. It's great.

Hmmm... Requests for prompts... I'll jump on the hurt!Tintin/angsty!Captain bandwagon, I suppose. I'd also love to see the Captain's POV of the events leading up to the last chapter of your Alph-Art, from leaving Nash's house to the end. Or... Maybe the hurt!Tintin parts of the moon series? Clearly, I'm a hurt/comfort junkie.

...but I'll enjoy anything and everything you write, so... Yeah.

I hope you update soon!
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Ooh! I want to prompt! I like the suggestion that you already had, 'Tintin is ill: Comedy!' You probably get lots of prompts, though, so I don't mind if you can't do mine. I definitely agree on the Batman and Robin scenario, even though I've never considered it myself. Orphan kid, taken in by an eccentric billionaire, with a butler? Odd how things turn out.
Hawkslayer chapter 2 . 6/30/2013
I'm really enjoying these little glimpses at Tintin and Haddock's life. I love your writing and they're both perfectly in character. :) I'd love to see a nice angsty injured Tintin story (I'm a whump addict...) but I'll read anything you write! :)

The Hmuff chapter 2 . 6/7/2013
Ohhh this one made me laugh. Good work :) And yes - you really really need to have the Captain try to catch Nestor. Maybe somebody should walk in on him trying to catch Nestor? Just an idea. Anyway, this was great. Keep it up!
RenaissanceElf chapter 2 . 6/3/2013
Ok another daily life episode.

I'm guessing Haddock is still getting used to living with a butler who has certain type of upper class kind of view on how things should be done.

It sounds like Haddock is still getting used to his new found wealth so I'm seeing also that this must be not long in the time after the Red Rackham's Treasure time frame as you mentioned.

A few things I will say:

- The 21st Century? It's your story of course but the whole texting and modernizing kind of threw me off a bit. It's you're idea not putting it down.
- The Captain ignoring Tintin sounds a bit unusual, but maybe it could happen? Besides, it's usually Tintin in the stories who does that to Haddock; also, if you are connecting these clips together then it's kind of contradictory to the first one whereas Haddock wants Tintin to live with him and then all the sudden is ignoring him even if for football game, if anything I would imagine Haddock trying to get TIntin off the phone to come over to watch the game with him.

I can see some interesting periods of adjustments between Haddock and Nestor, it sounds pretty close.

Overall it's nice but I just thought I would throw a few of my insights your way.
Until next story ciao!
RenaissanceElf chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
Wow very nicely written and of course Haddock has a bit more of a splash of reality in his speech. I'm sure his remarks would carry some dirty and somewhat vulgar speech. I can see how Tintin would like the idea but living with someone even a roommate is a big decision especially when you live alone. I know from experience.

I say just write whatever you like... although writing for other characters can be difficult. The professor could be focused on more academic settings or focus on the comedy of his selective hearing; still, I can see how writing for the Professor can be a challenge as it requires some scientific knowledge and what not too depending on the direction you take.

I find Chang really easy to write for. I have seen a lot of fanfictions written with him and he and Tintin have a strong connection which also makes it easier.

Nice job!
The Hmuff chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
Too lazy to login! This little story is brilliant. You have no idea how excited I was when I saw you had a new story up. :D And I totally get why you're doing short stories instead of tackling another full-length book - I've been doing that myself for a while, so I know what it's like. Anyway, I loved this story. It has a great balance between humour and character development; great work. Cheers!
-The Hmuff
BeTheHero90-5 chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
Hooray! More Tintin fanfics! You said you would take scene requests? How about that one scene in the Blue Lotus where Tintin saves Chang and then they talk about how most whites think about Chinese in such a racist way. I know times have changed, but racism is still everywhere. I think I can name some people who still believe that Chinese women have their feet wrapped up so they don't grow. Plus, I would love to see how you would write Chang!