Reviews for Imperfect Symmetry
MalikJamalTimberlake chapter 11 . 8/27
time. really like the concept of this story. I hope you continue it but i think you may have forgotten something. Shenron cant grant a wish that goes beyond his creators power. Now this could mean a Multitude of things for you. 1. Kami could have done this for any Z-Fighter at anytime. Very unlikely but its there.
2. This shenron is somehow stronger than the canon shenron. A stretch again bit yea.
3. You forgot, which is OK it happens lol
4. If the dragon was somehow able to grant the wish, it would probably only go as far as Frieza Second form considering That's how strong Piccolo was at the time.
Love the story, I'm in suspense
DragonHeart64 chapter 11 . 6/8
I know it's been years, so the likelihood of this getting finished is slim to none, but should you ever decide to continue the story I would love to read the rest! How does Trunks play into the plot? What exactly did Lord Vegeta wish for...? Yes, if Veggie is right it was apparently "to never be defeated again by any enemy," but what's important would be the specific phrasing used by Dende! If he didn't want immortality, then lord Vegeta must be able to die from old age, if nothing else,...right? Still, I have a hard time believing that a warrior such as Vegeta would truly wish to NEVER be defeated ever again...Veggie did say "by any enemy," so what about family and friends? Lord Vegeta probably has neither, but family would still be family right...even if it were, say, an interdimensional, time traveling, family member? If so, could Trunks possibly beat Lord Vegeta...?

As for who Veggie is, the one thing the two Vegeta's still share is that they are both their father's son. From then on the two split! Veggie is a ?husband?/mate to Bulma and a father to Trunks. He has a home with the two of them and their unconditional love. while Lord Vegata is the ruler of the planet trade organization and everything that goes along with it, he has the power and fear of his likely unwilling subjects, but probably not much else. Lord Vegeta was right about one thing in this chapter, technically, Veggie's not the true prince of Saiyans anymore. Yes, he was, and will always be, the last crown prince of Vegeta, but whether he likes it or not, the title of prince was passed down from father to son the day Trunks was born. In Veggie's universe the true prince of Saiyans is now Trunks via birthright...the son of a prince is still a prince after all, which would actually make Veggie the unofficial king of the remaining 3 half Saiyans, since King Vegeta is no longer alive.

Come to think of it...since Veggie was wrong about the reason Lord Vegeta kept Gohan alive, maybe he's slightly wrong about the wish as well? Maybe, remembering his father words, Lord Vegeta wished that "the (?true?) prince of Saiyans would never be defeated again by any enemy..."? Something like that would have been a great way to phrase the wish! Lord Vegeta would have known that the only possible way for the wish to refer to anyone else but himself would be if he reproduced, something he'd easily have control over. It would also be a great way for the not immortal lord to pass down his legacy when ready to retire. He produces an heir, a new prince of the Saiyan race, and the wish's effect would pass down through the generations.

Like I said, i know you probably won't be finishing this, but if you do I would certainly love to read more from you! You've got a great story so far, filled with potential possibilities, and I for one would love to someday find out which route you planned for the story to take! Even if you never continue, I must thank you for the enjoyable reading experience! It's always nice when you come across a truly original fanfiction story such as this one, whether it be finished or not! :-)
Smithback chapter 11 . 4/5
wow! this story was awesome... so interesting...

I was thinking how to contraarest Lord Vegeta's wish: not fighting; you can not lose a fight you do not fight... but there are some other points in that statement..

the oter one would be making himself to loose, in something that you win at loosing... I do not know if I explain myself ...

or defining who is the real .. (the most) Vegeta...

but again. I have no idea how could someone do that.
does it make sense?

please, keep going with this awesome story... if not... could you at least make a summary of how the story gould have developed?

thanks , bye
The Darkest wizard chapter 11 . 5/11/2015
This is a great story! Please update soon!
Steph7085 chapter 11 . 9/15/2014
Wow. This so far has been completely epic. I don't have the words to describe how powerful and emotional this is. It's poetic - Vegeta fighting himself in physical form just like he does mentally. The fight between what he was sculpted into and who is was/is slowly becoming or evolving into. One of the BEST fics I have read in a long time. Truly brilliant and I cannot wait until the next chapter.
Dino-Rogue chapter 11 . 9/5/2014
Hey, that was no cliffy, to me, at least! It was... yes, terrible (for Vegeta), but so... poetic and fitting to this tale you're telling! Who is he? Who is Vegeta, the Real Vegeta? I'm afraid only our dear not-so-dark version can answere that now.

I loved those flashbacks and how they intermingled with this present here. Great job on that!

Ah, revelations, confrontations, memories, intense battles... what more could I ask for? marvelous job! Superb writing, as always!
Dino-Rogue chapter 10 . 8/3/2014
Oh, perfection, you say? You are nailing this. Absolutely nailing it. So take as much time as you need, I shall not bother you with forcing you to update and add more as we reviewers usually tend to do when it comes to such awesome fanfics as this, for I believe it is time that truly brings out the perfection one wishes to achieve. That theory seems to work for you, based on what I've read so far!

Ha, reckless, and suicidal? That's called a mix of Goku's personality and Vegeta's past in Gohan...

Oh, gosh... and he... he killed Gohan... and even had the audacity to call it a deed done because he was feeling 'merciful'? Why the... but you are right. As sad as this all is, you had... you had to do it, in order for our beloved Prince to truly evolve. And what an evolution this is! Happening right now... simply epic!

You are right about Gohan's character, as well. He is definitely one of DBZ's gems, in my opinion. And one that, sadly, had to be crushed here so that Vegeta, as you put it, can look at it all with an untainted eye. I love that. I agree. Sometimes severing the ties is something that must be done for a person to change. And hopefully, begin new, much stronger ones.

And Vegeta's character? Again, spot-on! A second fiddle to Goku, huh? Ah, that is so true. And that thought truly devastated and haunted Vegeta big time, didn't it?

Oh, you certainly drew those parallels between Trunks dying by Cell's hands and Gohan dying by darkAU Vegeta's (I shall call him that from now on) hands. I saw it and I really admire you for a job very well done with it!

Haha! Mean cliffhangers are the life of good fanfics. This is something I have come to discover... :) Plus I agree, this is long and good enough already. Awesome and cool, in fact; the big bang comes at the 10th chappie? Yeah!

Aw, poor Vegeta... stuck, shocked and almost shuddered... I can only imagine his helplessness in this seemingly hopeless predicament...

Goodness! Intense, simply intense and I am loving it. Seems we've got quite the long, shaky ride first before we get to the father-and-son part in the whole journey, huh? Well, what needs to be established must be established...

What do I think of this chapter? Magnificent! You are simply doing such a marvelous job! I mean, what with the fighting scenes and all; I've heard that writing things like that can intimidate anyone, for I've been told that they are especially hard to write. Well, like I said, you are nailing 'em!
Dino-Rogue chapter 9 . 8/3/2014
Ugh! Durty, twisted, AU dark Vegeta! Gohan now? Well, seems our Vegeta's words really struck and did their job; now Gohan's turning Super Saiyan! And it seems that the dark lord Vegeta knows this... or at least knows something. Something horrible, something that would probably ultimately turn the tables and put things in his favor... Oh, I surely hope not!

Action, angst, I love this fic! Great job, as always!
Dino-Rogue chapter 8 . 8/3/2014
Oh, thanks for writing! I am truly enjoying reading this! Such a great story!

Ah, this timeline Vegeta is in seems to be like a twisted AU, right? Hmmm...

I have learned quite a few things in this chapter. First is something that I have already found out in the previous chapter, yet something that has grown even more true in this one. Gohan's situation definitely mirrors Vegeta's own. He knows what the boy has gone through, what he's going through, all the reasons do not escape him; especially because not only did he go through those things himself, but it's because it is somewhat he who is causing Gohan's version of it all. That still leaves me in a bit of awe, I guess. Secend is that, whatever he may say, Vegeta does possess, and is able feel, something quite alike compassion. Here, it is for Goohan. And it also shows us that yes, Vegeta is capable of not only such a thing as feeling bad for another being - in his own way, mind you, but of honor. As we have seen in the last chapter, he refuses to achieve his goals through dishonorable means any longer. Instead, he wishes to strive for them. In here, hurtful as the truth is, he does not wish to put Gohan in those shoes of betrayal, like the ones he had been thrust in during his home planet's demise by Frieza's hands. That Vegeta-brand of compassion makes him want to hide the truth, but at the same time, it is coupled with his experience and honor, that he realizes that the better way to express his feelings about the matter that moment and do these things is by the dead-serious truth alone (no pun intended there, I think?).

'No blasted hero', ha! Suuuure, Vegeta! Say what you want; if I remember correctly, you did kind of helped Gohan... so, you know? :)

Sheesh, only Vegeta could imagine pride as an object, wounded nonetheless, on the floor. Hahaha!

Fantastic job! The Vegeta-battles chappie is up next? Niiice...
Dino-Rogue chapter 4 . 8/3/2014
Gosh, that technique is pretty dangerous, isn't it? Stubborn, stubborn Vegeta! And today's that day, Too! Trunks' birthday, his second one... the long-awaited day for Vegeta and his son to finally 'spend some time'!

I enjoyed this chapter! Nice job with the science stuff, too!
Dino-Rogue chapter 3 . 8/3/2014
Ah, so that's why he was all bloodied and battered by the time he arrived in Future Trunks' timeline.

Aww, poor Krillin... but by doing all this, he was able to win the cold 18's heart in the end! Sweet...

Awesome chappie!
Dino-Rogue chapter 2 . 8/2/2014
Nice! Krillin, an author? They should probably publish that book just to show that Hercule... nah, but they're friends now, too close for them to do that anymore.

I really love this chapter! Spot-on characterizations, dialog, and story! Awesome job!
Dino-Rogue chapter 1 . 8/2/2014
Oh, here it goes, here it goes! Awesome first chappter! Can't wait to read on!
Morisako83 chapter 11 . 7/31/2014
This has to be one of the best rate T fic of Vegeta out .It really a incredible story and I can't wait to read what happen next
Saiyajin no Ouhi chapter 11 . 6/12/2014
Vegeta's "I. Killed. Frieza." seriously reminded me of Scar from the Lion King's "I. Killed. Mufasa." hahaha
I like your story, it's different to many others I've read and I'm looking forward to the next chapter!