Reviews for Imperfect Symmetry
Steph7085 chapter 11 . 9/15/2014
Wow. This so far has been completely epic. I don't have the words to describe how powerful and emotional this is. It's poetic - Vegeta fighting himself in physical form just like he does mentally. The fight between what he was sculpted into and who is was/is slowly becoming or evolving into. One of the BEST fics I have read in a long time. Truly brilliant and I cannot wait until the next chapter.
Dino-Rogue chapter 11 . 9/5/2014
Hey, that was no cliffy, to me, at least! It was... yes, terrible (for Vegeta), but so... poetic and fitting to this tale you're telling! Who is he? Who is Vegeta, the Real Vegeta? I'm afraid only our dear not-so-dark version can answere that now.

I loved those flashbacks and how they intermingled with this present here. Great job on that!

Ah, revelations, confrontations, memories, intense battles... what more could I ask for? marvelous job! Superb writing, as always!
Dino-Rogue chapter 10 . 8/3/2014
Oh, perfection, you say? You are nailing this. Absolutely nailing it. So take as much time as you need, I shall not bother you with forcing you to update and add more as we reviewers usually tend to do when it comes to such awesome fanfics as this, for I believe it is time that truly brings out the perfection one wishes to achieve. That theory seems to work for you, based on what I've read so far!

Ha, reckless, and suicidal? That's called a mix of Goku's personality and Vegeta's past in Gohan...

Oh, gosh... and he... he killed Gohan... and even had the audacity to call it a deed done because he was feeling 'merciful'? Why the... but you are right. As sad as this all is, you had... you had to do it, in order for our beloved Prince to truly evolve. And what an evolution this is! Happening right now... simply epic!

You are right about Gohan's character, as well. He is definitely one of DBZ's gems, in my opinion. And one that, sadly, had to be crushed here so that Vegeta, as you put it, can look at it all with an untainted eye. I love that. I agree. Sometimes severing the ties is something that must be done for a person to change. And hopefully, begin new, much stronger ones.

And Vegeta's character? Again, spot-on! A second fiddle to Goku, huh? Ah, that is so true. And that thought truly devastated and haunted Vegeta big time, didn't it?

Oh, you certainly drew those parallels between Trunks dying by Cell's hands and Gohan dying by darkAU Vegeta's (I shall call him that from now on) hands. I saw it and I really admire you for a job very well done with it!

Haha! Mean cliffhangers are the life of good fanfics. This is something I have come to discover... :) Plus I agree, this is long and good enough already. Awesome and cool, in fact; the big bang comes at the 10th chappie? Yeah!

Aw, poor Vegeta... stuck, shocked and almost shuddered... I can only imagine his helplessness in this seemingly hopeless predicament...

Goodness! Intense, simply intense and I am loving it. Seems we've got quite the long, shaky ride first before we get to the father-and-son part in the whole journey, huh? Well, what needs to be established must be established...

What do I think of this chapter? Magnificent! You are simply doing such a marvelous job! I mean, what with the fighting scenes and all; I've heard that writing things like that can intimidate anyone, for I've been told that they are especially hard to write. Well, like I said, you are nailing 'em!
Dino-Rogue chapter 9 . 8/3/2014
Ugh! Durty, twisted, AU dark Vegeta! Gohan now? Well, seems our Vegeta's words really struck and did their job; now Gohan's turning Super Saiyan! And it seems that the dark lord Vegeta knows this... or at least knows something. Something horrible, something that would probably ultimately turn the tables and put things in his favor... Oh, I surely hope not!

Action, angst, I love this fic! Great job, as always!
Dino-Rogue chapter 8 . 8/3/2014
Oh, thanks for writing! I am truly enjoying reading this! Such a great story!

Ah, this timeline Vegeta is in seems to be like a twisted AU, right? Hmmm...

I have learned quite a few things in this chapter. First is something that I have already found out in the previous chapter, yet something that has grown even more true in this one. Gohan's situation definitely mirrors Vegeta's own. He knows what the boy has gone through, what he's going through, all the reasons do not escape him; especially because not only did he go through those things himself, but it's because it is somewhat he who is causing Gohan's version of it all. That still leaves me in a bit of awe, I guess. Secend is that, whatever he may say, Vegeta does possess, and is able feel, something quite alike compassion. Here, it is for Goohan. And it also shows us that yes, Vegeta is capable of not only such a thing as feeling bad for another being - in his own way, mind you, but of honor. As we have seen in the last chapter, he refuses to achieve his goals through dishonorable means any longer. Instead, he wishes to strive for them. In here, hurtful as the truth is, he does not wish to put Gohan in those shoes of betrayal, like the ones he had been thrust in during his home planet's demise by Frieza's hands. That Vegeta-brand of compassion makes him want to hide the truth, but at the same time, it is coupled with his experience and honor, that he realizes that the better way to express his feelings about the matter that moment and do these things is by the dead-serious truth alone (no pun intended there, I think?).

'No blasted hero', ha! Suuuure, Vegeta! Say what you want; if I remember correctly, you did kind of helped Gohan... so, you know? :)

Sheesh, only Vegeta could imagine pride as an object, wounded nonetheless, on the floor. Hahaha!

Fantastic job! The Vegeta-battles chappie is up next? Niiice...
Dino-Rogue chapter 4 . 8/3/2014
Gosh, that technique is pretty dangerous, isn't it? Stubborn, stubborn Vegeta! And today's that day, Too! Trunks' birthday, his second one... the long-awaited day for Vegeta and his son to finally 'spend some time'!

I enjoyed this chapter! Nice job with the science stuff, too!
Dino-Rogue chapter 3 . 8/3/2014
Ah, so that's why he was all bloodied and battered by the time he arrived in Future Trunks' timeline.

Aww, poor Krillin... but by doing all this, he was able to win the cold 18's heart in the end! Sweet...

Awesome chappie!
Dino-Rogue chapter 2 . 8/2/2014
Nice! Krillin, an author? They should probably publish that book just to show that Hercule... nah, but they're friends now, too close for them to do that anymore.

I really love this chapter! Spot-on characterizations, dialog, and story! Awesome job!
Dino-Rogue chapter 1 . 8/2/2014
Oh, here it goes, here it goes! Awesome first chappter! Can't wait to read on!
Morisako83 chapter 11 . 7/31/2014
This has to be one of the best rate T fic of Vegeta out .It really a incredible story and I can't wait to read what happen next
Saiyajin no Ouhi chapter 11 . 6/12/2014
Vegeta's "I. Killed. Frieza." seriously reminded me of Scar from the Lion King's "I. Killed. Mufasa." hahaha
I like your story, it's different to many others I've read and I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
Drakthul chapter 11 . 5/24/2014
Well, where to begin? Firstly, sorry for the lateness of the review, I've been busy the last while.

Next, let's see...

As always, your stories and chapters themselves are brilliantly descriptive. Every detail that needs to be described to construct what you want me, as the reader, to take a greater emphasis on, is there. No one could ever criticize your style of writing, or your descriptions.

Now then, to Vegeta's story:

Overall this chapter was fantastic. I enjoyed the conflict between the two Vegeta's, each one standing their usual ground. What I enjoyed most is it felt like "Vegeta" himself finally has a bit more of an edge over "Lord Vegeta". Even if it sometimes seems only on a argumentative level. I enjoyed how Vegeta referenced the words from his father in the flashback, as if reminding himself who he is, and in some ways showing him what a pale imitation Lord Vegeta is, at least in how he now sees himself.

The end of the chapter of course, was a cliffhanger, but to be honest I kind of expected that by this point in the chapter. It definitely leaves me wanting to read more, but that's hardly anything new with this story, which is easily one of my favourite Vegeta fics.

I just hope the next chapter can continue the great trends you've managed to hit so far with this story.
FrauUlrike chapter 11 . 5/17/2014
Uuhhhh, how do you do this?! You're such an amazing writer! I was so excited when I saw the update for this fanfic. It's one of my top favorites. I loved the flashbacks-Vegeta's past and how it relates to his present predicament. The interaction between the two princes is quite amazing, because they can predict each others' every move and actions. But it seems our prince Vegeta is the wiser one, while Lord Vegeta is a confused, destroyed beast trapped in a powerful body.

The end really got me. "Like...Kakarot?" How shocking. Vegeta was absolutely not prepared for that comment. And it came from himself, too! Cannot wait for the next chapter. Awesome!
GodzillaFollowerSince1998 chapter 11 . 5/15/2014
Yo, mate, I started reading this story as I am a fan of Demod20 and saw this in his favorites. I thought: 'what the heck, it's a story with Vegeta in, it has to be good." But as it stands, I was wrong.

This story is f**king epic!

The way you portray Vegeta, the main one, is top-notch! And I'm glad to see that in this chapter, he understands his connection to Goku. I'm curious to see how this story goes, and I am wondering just how far the Saiyan Prince will go down the rabbit hole of his morality.

I am adding this to my favorites as well, and I look forward to this story and Vegeta's ultimate conclusion.
CMCMC chapter 11 . 5/10/2014
Soooooo how soon can we expect the next chapter this time cause I hating waiting for GREAT stories, the suspense kills me!

I want to say about 70% of the time I thought vegeta, not lord vegeta, was going to go super saiyan 2... More than enough reasons for it to happen