Reviews for I Learned to Lie
HiddenValor chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
That was very enjoyable to read. I remember watching Alien Nation as a younger teenager and being completely enamoured with Buck :P. It's good that you are ambiguous about who Buck has a crush on...cuz I imagined he was talking to me personally. *swoon* Several gold stars for you and induction into my favorites list.

HV
Patricia16 chapter 1 . 7/23/2008
I like it so again who is the pairing
Captain Grin chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
E! Please! Oh, please, i am begging you to write a fanfic for this! It is so awesome! It definatly caught my atention, please, write more!
SailorTerra1 chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
Very nice. I always thought Buck was hiding something.

My opinion: Matt Sykes.
StealthLiberal chapter 1 . 10/26/2005
I must read this one every few days, that's how much I love it. I've been working on and off for over a month on a Buck/human female fic, hard going as the series has been off the air (tv movies included) since 1991 (for the series) and 1997 (for the movies).

Buck always seemed drawn to humans, like a moth to a flame. There was something about them that just called to him, but it was so very difficult for him to accept. I always felt that his crush on his english teacher was so very poingent.

I like your work, and would love to see this evolved into something else. I understand how unrewarding writing in an under recognized fandom can be.

I can't say I'm a big fan of Matt/Buck, I like Matt/Cathy too much for that. However your other fic of them had me laughing so hard my roommate thought I was having a fit.

Well here's hoping you return to this someday. Till then I'll just keep reading this one.
Hahukum Konn chapter 1 . 7/10/2005
Excellent work. I liked this :) Maybe it's a crush on a human in his high school? (From the sounds of it he might even be crushing on a guy, but hey. :) ) Well, let's find out, shall we? :D
AmdlStar chapter 1 . 7/28/2004
I was poking around and I saw Alien Nation as a section for fanfiction. Needless to say I was surprised that it hadn't occured to me before that it would be a fan fiction topic.

But wow, let me tell you, this was beautiful.

Absolutely amazing, short but very moving. It had no little side tangents that would distract from the heartfelt pain and desperation that you've so clearly written. I wish that I could write with such a purpose. I also wish that I could be as good with my second language as you are with with english. I can hardly speak english properly and its what I grew up speaking! *laughes*

I sincerely hope that you will someday write more snippets like this.
Wordsmith5 chapter 1 . 5/9/2003
Wow! Someone is writing Alien Nation and writing it well. I always thought Buck was an under used/explored character. Not to mention if I rememeber from the book tie ins he was roughly 80 human years but the teen angst really fit the whole assimilating to a new world. There was a great prequel novel to the series that dramatized the family after the decent but before they were released from the camps. How they got their names and all... in it Matt saved Buck's life (but never knew because he couldn't tell the aliens apart that soon after they landed) - Just my long-winded way of requesting a Matt/Buck series (yes series - what you thought I'd be satisfied with a sequel..)

Good story.

WS
Hidenthoughts chapter 1 . 5/5/2003
I dont know if you are still recieving reviews. This is the first I have written , I enjoyed your short story and would like to see more written on it. I am a big alien nation fan. Who buck has the crush on is up for graps since there are no gender identigying statement other than the crush is human.:)
drox chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
I'm truly amazed. This is better writing than I see from a lot of native English speakers. And not just the mechanics of this were right, but the mood was too. It seemed very heartfelt. Kudos! And do please keep writing.

I don't think it matters who the crush is in a fic this short. It's kind of nice that we're left guessing.
redrose2310 chapter 1 . 12/7/2002
who does he have a crush on?
Pintsizedpsycho chapter 1 . 11/16/2002
Very nice. Very heart felt. THis is I really can't descirbe. Thanks for writing it. I was moved and belive me that is no easy task for me. I'm a little emotionly detaced. But I really loved this I hope you write things like this.
JadeDream chapter 1 . 9/16/2002
This is an interesting story. Yes I do want to know who the crush is on I have an idea but I want to be sure. PLEASE! Write more.
Joyce Maetta chapter 1 . 8/31/2002
You captured Buck perfectly. This is a great first fanfic and I look forward to seeing where you take it. You are taking it further, right?
Tidmag chapter 1 . 8/30/2002
Congratulations you have written the second Alien Nation fan fiction on .

I hope you continue to feed this section where so little action has been seen.

I don't know who to suggest you make his crush be. :: shrugs :: There just doesn't seem to be many humans that he has regular contact with.

Well,