Reviews for Crosswinds of Fate
Ryuuohjin chapter 8 . 10/22
Like it, but is it dead
Tristar chapter 8 . 10/13
seriously Rider don't make me get the spirit squirt bottle I'll use stop being perving on teenage girls and boys and giving me nose bleeds for the images of Potter and Malfoy.
good work! hope we see it updated soon!
Lord Xantos A. Fowl chapter 2 . 8/16
The end of this chapter was hilarious
Liberticus chapter 8 . 8/10
I just finished reading this and I have to say. It's very good, I like it a lot.
The Tv Tropes recommendation brought me here.
Taeniaea chapter 8 . 7/19
cool story
Xerxes chapter 8 . 7/15
I honestly love this story. The Type Moon verse is one of my favorites, mainly due to how intricate and structured the magic system is. Harry Potter, on the other hand, fell out of favor as I grew up and realized just how much of their magic is just, "magic does what the plot needs, because magic." Merging the two, though... I see some reviews are complaining about the lack of action, but honestly, the world building and expansion on the magic system is more than enough to inspire me to reread this story a half-dozen times. While I would love to see more, I only have to look at my own folder of half-started and never finished stories to know just how tough it can be when your muse abandons you. So, I just want you to know, even if this story never updates again, I at least love what we got, and am glad I live in a world where this story exists, even in part.
torvalds42 chapter 8 . 6/24
Thanks a lot for this amazing story, and especially for your characters, as well as the incredibly detailed magical theory from the fate universe ! It was clearly explained, and I even understood some concepts that I did not before.
So thanks, and good luck with the next chapter ! :)
Are you ever gonna update this story?
Supreme King of all Kings chapter 4 . 5/22
WHERE IS THE FUCKING ACTION AND ADVENTURE!? I SEE NO DRAMA, JUST PURE AGONY OF BULL BULL.
Have a Little Feith chapter 1 . 5/22
I hope you've got an update for this coming soon, because it's been a year and almost 3 months since you last updated. This long period between updates is causing your previous update speed average to raise to 6 months/update, as compared to the 4 months and 4 days average you had at the previous update. 8 chapters in 33 months compared to 8 chapters in 48 months.

Don't get me wrong, this is a good story, but at this pace, it'll be finished 20-40 years later, depending on how long it is. I don't want to wait that long to find out the conclusion of this story. As I said, it's a good story. Very amusing, and fun to read. By the way, I'm commenting on chapter one because I'm not sure if I reviewed the latest chapter.
DalkonCledwin chapter 4 . 5/19
Quick question… assuming Medusa is wearing Breaker Gorgon at this point in time… how does she know what Cho looks like? The blindfold seals her ocular organs so completely that she has to rely on her other senses to interact with her surroundings… it does not allow her to see through it from the inside.

Uh… continuity blunder. Even if Amelia found the location of the Black Ancestral Home, she cannot conclude the property has any connection to the Order of the Phoenix due to the exact wording of the secret that Fidelius charm is encoded with… and that is actually canonical FACT. The Fidelius doesn’t actually hide the property, just a specific bit of information regarding the property. The spells hiding the most notable locations under that charm from outside observers were an entirely separate set of spells.

ROFLMAO… good lord. Rin’s going to become a mother sooner than she quite realized, isn’t she?

Those blades are Noble Phantasms… the only thing Dumbledore has experience with on that level are the Hallows. Harry’s cloak may even be in the Gate of Babylon, which if true, means Gil is drawing stuff from outside the Moonlit World, that said Gil does have a Noble Phantasm that grants the wearer complete concealment which can take the form of a cloak, and is attributed to Hades himself… incidentally, Perseus Gorgonbane also had such a cloak, which may or may not be the same Noble Phantasm.

Dumbledore is canonically a homosexual. So I must ask if he is truly ignorant of why these girls would be obsessed with a type of weapon that is regularly compared to a particular aspect of male anatomy?

Sadly of the people in the Grail War who were entirely mortal in origin… even if not entirely natural… only Illya-chan would have the skill with Formulcraft to pull off the sorts of impressive stuff that Cho had likely imagined in the first place. Runic Magic is about immediate, sizeable or lasting effects. Formulcraft requires a far greater output or intense specialization to anything remotely useful… at least as far as I understand things.

You know… as much as Sakura healing Nick was probably meant to be a good thing… the man has spent the vast majority of his afterlife petitioning for membership in the freaking Headless Hunt… Sakura healing him has removed him even being allowed to petition, as he is no longer even remotely close to an acceptable candidate. That should upset him rather severely…

Wow… the sisters pretty much just did the one thing Dumbledore had never wanted to be done… they told the world of the existence of magic capable of creating a Horcrux.
DalkonCledwin chapter 3 . 5/18
Aside from Dumbledore and Moody who is the other Wizard in infirmary? You only listed Albus and Poppy as being present in the Infirmary other than Rin.
DalkonCledwin chapter 2 . 5/18
Their DA Teacher will cause waves if I hazard my guess.

Meh… there is a better option for defending the mind than Occlumency… fortunately they aren’t in the universe that slaps sealing designations on the people who are known to research that process. Occlumency at best is simply a variation on Memory Partitions, while by contrast a Reality Marble turns the mind into an Eldritch Abomination of sorts.

Shirou is probably just now realizing that their general suspicion that they are in the Age of the Gods has just been more or less confirmed thanks to the history he has absorbed simply by looking a the Sword of Gryffindor. That and I have to wonder how much the Elder Wand is freaking Medusa out.

Incidentally… of the people in close association with Voldemort, it is probably only Narcissa who is privy to that information and trusted enough to even come near his food. He’d never trust a House Elf to prepare him food, and he’d never let Bellatrix cook.

So… that can be interpreted as meaning that wrackspurts are real, but you have to be a bit unhinged to notice them.

The Magus Association does have it’s own counterpart to the Aurors that Rin would have immediately understood with just two words… “Wizarding Enforcers”

I’m wondering just how Saber is going to react to learning Ginny’s name...
DalkonCledwin chapter 1 . 5/18
So… upon discovering that you are having this take place in the year 1995… my first thoughts was “I wonder how Dementor’s handle Wave Motion Swords?” and my second thought was “I do not think even Dolores Umbridge deserves meeting these three women if they are angry…”

Oh… and Medusa is along for the fun as well… that should be hilarious. She’ll just love Harry.

Well fucking hell.. Horcrux hunt just got a hell of a lot harder. Incidentally… is Illya-chan still alive in this story? Cause if she is, that solves the entire issue!

Sure the suffixes translate well… the issue is that the usage of those suffixes in English is something that would cause Zelretch to throw a hissy fit over upsetting the timeline, as the whole Otaku subculture hadn’t quite reached full swing in Europe of the mid-1990’s.

No… the impressive part isn’t how easily they can do what they do… the impressive part is that they are such morons about it that not one of them can tell you exactly HOW it is that they do what they do. That said… if this is Rin’s reaction to transfiguration… wonder how she is going to react to the existence of actual Time Machines in this universe? Time Travel in the Moonlit World requires either the Fifth True Magic or the Second True Magic, and the former is more about manipulating “The Now” than it is about traveling backwards or forwards in time, though Aoko can do that in a limited fashion.

And we have yet another knuckled who Rin is going to have to lay into for being an idiot on multiple levels. On the other hand… situations like the ones Harry has had to live through, are the sort that tend to awaken certain abilities… either he is going to end up an anomaly like Shirou with a paradoxical perception of reality that he can weaponize… or he is going to end up with a True Magic. Either situation would utterly suck balls for Voldemort.

Uh… just going to point this out… but Kaleidosticks probably can function as Wizarding Wands… the real question is if it is worth the headaches that will come from such an endeavor?

Honestly… I think Shirou might be a better person to teach Harry how to protect his mind… then again… I don’t think even Shirou understands how he does the whole Reality Marble thing…

Hmm… and I am now wondering what will go through Minerva’s mind if she is introduced to Ruby…

Incidentally… Morgana and Merlin attended Hogwarts according to J.K. Rowling… it is entirely reasonable to assume that Helena Ravenclaw will instantaneously recognize her favorite auntie!

Well... that might cause problems...