Reviews for Crosswinds of Fate
gerome945 chapter 8 . 3/22
XD thnx for the long story
tsubaki-complex chapter 8 . 3/22
this is easily the best harry potter fanfiction I've ever read maybe even the best fanfiction period. It's. SO. GOOD.
A really good story. Countine plese.
Snickering Fox chapter 8 . 2/25
...who is the witch that doing rituals? Because that was a BIG foreshadowing...
Neolyph123 chapter 8 . 2/22
As someone who reads a lot of fanfiction, let me just tell you that you really do have a spectacular story here. Keep it up and update soon! (Please. I beg of you!)
I love this story , its very well writed and it mashes together perfectly the two worlds.
Update it soon please!
QI chapter 8 . 2/7
really like this work hope you update before a Whole year passes! i'm so excited to see what happens next!
Epic story !
Ayylmao101 chapter 8 . 1/27
Wew, it's a been while, good to come back to some new updates, and know from your profile you are still working on it!
OriksGaming chapter 8 . 1/18
I'm very much enjoying this crossover, especially your characterization of the HP characters, Dumbledore and Voldemort in particular. Rather than both appearing more than a little incompetent, they are both behaving as the geniuses that they're portrayed as, making logical connections, as well as formulating valid plans to use against each other.

On a similar note, I think you've done a fantastic job characterizing everyone else as well. The only person who really seems out of character is Harry. Even occlumency doesn't seem enough for the subtle, yet significant, changes that his personality seems to have undergone. But then again, I can't really blame you if you did take some liberties there. I personally find canon Harry utterly boring, both to read and to write about, except in very, very rare cases. And even with the noticeable differences that I'm alluding to, but am also too lazy to point out, he remains more than close enough to his canon self that I can suspend belief regarding any changes you made, and the reasons that you've given inside the story for them.

I also love how you've included Neville and Luna without changing their personalities much, if at all. I mean, I can understand why it was especially necessary to not give Luna super seer powers or any BS like that, due to the fact that you're trying to logically compare both worlds and their magic- and doing a great job of it. I love how Luna's more knowledgable, but instead of abandoning her more ridiculous theories, she's using her newly absorbed information to promote those very conspiracies.

All in all, this is a lot of fun to read, and I haven't had any qualms with pretty much anything so far- nothing that isn't just me nitpicking, that is. The rest of my review is a response to one done by a guest reviewer, so while it expands a bit on the points I mentioned above, most of it will probably be just pointless drivel; continue reading it at your own discretion.

The guest who reviewed below, Erasmus, basically said that the characters were acting too logical, and that teens don't act like that.

Some don't and some do; yes, teens often tend to be more emotional and/or irrational- hormones, social issues, school being stressful, all that fun stuff- but not even nearly every teen is noticeably emotional. I, personally, am adept at hiding my emotions, despite often formulating strong opinions, and a number of my friends and classmates seem to be like that as well- that is to say, pondering and thoughtful, more than thoughtlessly emotional.

I'm seventeen, and my personal opinion is that you can't quantify an age group with a single word, or even a single sentence, despite what may or may not be going on in their body. The characters that were particularly emotional in canon are, logically, less emotional here.

Take Cho, for example. Where, in canon, she spends most of her time depressed and wallowing in her despair following Cedric's death, here, she has closure. Harry's shown her the memory of the graveyard and it's had a significant impact on her outlook and character.

Harry, for yet another example, was extremely stressed out in canon due to Umbridge's detentions and his recurring dreams. Both of these are countered by the presence of the FSN characters and occlumency, respectively.

Also, this isn't a for want of a nail fic. There isn't one defining moment or event that changed everything. Some characters are simply a bit different, being more logical to better fit with the theme and purpose of the story. Others are understandably more reasonable or more intelligent, due to something that happened as a result of their new situation in this changed dimension. Rather than this story being Adventure or Drama- I'm sorry, but it just seems a bit mislabeled- it looks to be more focused on character interactions and the study of the various differing magics. Thus, it stands to reason that you will find exponentially less emotional outbursts or illogical plot driving events here.

I'd like to pose a question to the guest who reviewed a bit before me, Erasmus: Does the different interpretation of the Harry Potter characters ruin your immersion or your enjoyment of the story? Also, do you think that everything should go according to canon when this is so obviously not canon, in every way but that many of the characters, as well as the setting, are the same? Would every character acting exactly like they did in canon, despite the majorly changed circumstances and plot, make any sense whatsoever? For me, the answer to all of these is a No.

You're free to form your own opinion, Erasmus, but think before you post, and if you see something wrong simply because it contrasts with your general view, back up a step and try to figure out the author's reasoning, why the particular thing has changed. Yes, some of the people in this story are a little bit out of character, but to me, it's very necessary and quite logical.
Lord Jace chapter 8 . 1/4
I really like this it's possibly the best crossover
Erasmus chapter 8 . 12/16/2016
Now don't take this the wrong way, I enjoy this story very much, hence why i read it to the end, but I want to give some constructive criticism regarding something of a problem

Your characters in the Harry Potter side, especially Harry himself, are acting a bit too logical; funny as that may sound, illogical hormonal teenage drama decisions were something that were apart of him in the main series in its part as a coming of age sort of story, it feels rather more like emulating HPMOR than the traditional Harry Potter characters-and in that fanfic there are marked differences between the circumstances *prior* to the story that resulted in the characters being different, whereas here they've been acting divergent even before the dimensional travelers arrived

It's not a major problem and i can understand if you dont want teenage nonsense romcom drama getting in the way of your plot, it just feels a bit odd and i felt it should be pointed out
Zx chapter 8 . 12/11/2016
love this work hope we see it update before the year's end! so want to see what happens next with Harry and at the yule ball!
ByLanternLight chapter 8 . 12/7/2016