Reviews for Obliviate: The Worst Thing They'll Never Remember
Kerd151 chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
Aww, I enjoyed this one-shot.

I liked the way you portrayed Hermione. She really does love to learn and I love the fact that she loves finding out every intricate detail about the spells she knows and then attaches her own personal definition to them. I found that actually really realistic and true to Hermione's character.

I also liked that that particular spell stumped her in terms of finding another definition for it. As she'd never used it, it would have been hard for her to find the right definition. Anyway, it was heartbreaking when she had to watch as her parents forgot she existed, forgot who she was and forgot they even had a daughter. That must have been so hard for her to do and yet she loved them so much that she did it to protect them from the dangers they faced.

Her definition was absolutely PERFECT. "Obliviate - The worst thing they'll never remember and the worst thing I'll never forget" - It was just one sentence but it desciribes perfectly the effect of the spell on her life and it might just have been the best definiton she's ever came up with for a spell!

Well done :)
FandaticForeverAndAlways chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
Oh my god! This was so incredibly touching and so very sad! I'm an angst addict, and this was perfect. I just have one word for this - WOW! You blew my mind of with this. I never thought of Hermione's state of mind while performing the spell, but now, I can sympathize with her. Gosh, you played with the words so perfectly. I loved it, you did a wonderful job with me. I was grasped into the story from the start till the very end. And this was perfection - Obliviate- The worst thing they'll never remember and the worst thing I'll never forget.

This was beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us.
Lily meet Ginny chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
You're missing a few commas, but other than that, you've written an amazing story. You took the one part of the series that was far too short and expanded beautifully, still keeping Hermione in character. Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. And they'll never remember it. I'm always surprised that she was willing to get to this point with her parents though.
LilyIsAwesomerThanYou chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
Aww :( so sad, but excellent job. I really liked it
turn out fine chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
Oh gosh, this almost made me cry. It was so IC of Hermione to make it into a game, and not to give up when she found a definition, and the definition she finally did find killed me

[Obliviate- The worst thing they'll never remember and the worst thing I'll never forget.]

and the line about them seeing a stranger where they used to see a daughter summed the whole thing up so perfectly. You could feel her pain so clearly, even though it wasn't that long.

There were a couple of missing commas here

[Ever since she had first been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Hermione Granger had been simply fascinated by spells. She had become so fascinated in fact that she'd spent hours pouring over the details of each and every spell she managed to come across.]

but besides that, I couldn't see any SPaG mistakes.

Thanks for the mention :)

luv,