Reviews for Simmer
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
Fantastic story. Raw, real emotion-I was on the edge of my seat and you know what? I kind of wish Emma would say this to Neal now :D
Melissa chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
I love this point of view because this is how she really should feel toasted Neal. I would love to read a chapter from Hook's POV. It is never implied if he can hear what she says, and chapter with Hook and Emma talking about the blow up or Hook punching Neal would be fun to read too.
RememberThatCoolPerson chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
Continue, I friggin love this!
Willofthewisp chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
"So, yes, she was worried for him – hoping he trusted that they would come for him, praying he wasn't too scared, praying that Neverland and its dangers couldn't do what his abductors wouldn't – but all the rest of it?"-I LOVE this characterization of Emma. Like any parent, she would be worried out of her mind, but given who she is, her relationship with Henry, and the situation, it's what she worries about that might set her apart from others. Get him back safely and hope he hasn't given up his own hope and then the rest will all fall into place, because she WILL make these people pay.

This beginning is really powerful, how Hook is just watching things unfold, observing. It's what Emma needs right now and sometimes giving a person space is all they really need. That and she's holding his interest...

"He was at least making the effort to find out, rather than just assume he knew what was going through her head."-The show really needs to capitalize on this. While I think Emma and Snow are close and there is no doubt they love each other and are devoted to the other, I think she is just more similar to Charming and forging that bond may happen a little easier than it did with her and Snow.

"It was dinner time, and Emma could feel it in the air the instant before she came into the galley – the principal's office, the social worker, the probation officer, they all felt the same and Emma was very, very familiar."-This has such a tragic humor to it. Very strong, thought-provoking sentence.

"Did you really just say that to me, Neal?" she said, her hands clenching into fists. "Did you of all people really just use the word 'denial', and apply it to me?"-THANK YOU! It's why I can't get into swanfire even though it looked like they were starting to shove it down our throats. I do like Bae, but he doesn't get that he chose his cowardice over Emma. By making Neal also be Bae, he threw Emma under the bus because he KNEW exactly what kind of world she would get mixed up in and he let her do it all alone because he didn't want to see his father (I don't know if I blame him for that, but that doesn't sound like True Love to me). Even though he apologized to her, he's been in denial about just how much he screwed her over in favor of himself.

"What I can't handle," she said, voice dropping as she fought to control her anger, "is that we wouldn't even be here, we wouldn't even need to be searching for Henry right now, if any of you had bothered to listen to me when I tried to warn you in the first place."-Again, YES! I like Bae and I really love Snow, but why the hell was Emma the only one concerned when August had just said someone had been trying to kill him? Neal's little "you'll figure it out" was so dismissive. His son was in a town where there was a murderer on the loose!

Psh, Rumple was just wanting Bae to come back to Storybrooke with them. He would have manipulated that situation any way he could have.

On the bright side, I do think Snow will stop doubting Emma. I think this will bring her and her parents closer and honestly, believing Neal is dead for a while might finally let her heal in regards to that.
Starlight000 chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
Really great story, you did very well with writing Emma's feelings. It owuld be good if you included a deep conversation with Hook, but that's up to you. I know whatever you will do will be fantastic either way!
Darkmaster of the arts chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
Wow. Now THAT was long-coming! Well done. I think your writing therapy even helped curb MY frustration at the way the season ended too. Well done. Extremely enjoyable. Felt a little vindicated in her behalf when she ripped into them both. Hope you decide to continue this fic.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
i agree with everything emma said! love this! now can we have like a chapter where they talk about it? love this :D
Kou Shun'u chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
*applause* *standing ovation* gooooooooo emma! totally agree on every point and kept wishing for something like this to happen cause they totally need to be told off. and ugh i hate it when pep ,esp those close to you, think they know whats wrong and you tell them thats not it and they refuse to believe you-like you dont know whats going on in your head but clearly they do. ughhh
awesome job.
Meresger chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
You should have had Emma lay into David too. His whole spiel about the magic beans and Emma's life being crap so they could go live happily ever after was such bullshit emotional blackmail, IMO, and not just of Emma, but Snow too. She was an emotional mess (which I thought was kind of lame too) and given their earlier arguments about what world to live in and Emma probably not wanting to go with them to FTL, David capitalized on his wife being emotionally absent to manipulate her into his way of thinking and then did the same to Emma while completely ignoring what Emma, whom he really doesn't even know, might want. Or Henry! The kid had just been reunited with HIS father, who might not have wanted to go with them, thus separating them forever. David's character seems to be turning more into David Nolan than Charming, looking for the easy way out and ignoring other people's feelings to get that end!

The second half of the season, starting with "The Cricket Game", both David and Snow have not been very likable, IMO. They continually undermined Emma while obsessing over their own issues. Of course, Regina wasn't much better with her wishy-washy redemption or Hook with his new alley every five minutes and stupid sexual inuendos that made Spike on Buffy seem suave. Neal was kind of a jerk up until the beach scene and getting shot (but considering all of the obvious conversations that hit the cutting room floor, that might just be a skewed perception). And Gold completely ignored Neal in favor of Lacey after 300 years to get his son back? WTF!? And Henry is just plain annoying 90 percent of the time. All-in-all, the writing this season sucked!
5289belle chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
I love this! Now that's the Emma Swan I met in season 1! :D
HarrylovesGinny09 chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
Great story!
Princess Lena aka Lady Kittuna chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
Was hoping for Emma to punch his lights out but maybe next chapter? You were right with her family being jerks for brushing her off. Keep up the good work.
kittywrite chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
love it.
BelleChic chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
Love, love, LOVE! So real, so raw! This was an absolute pleasure to read! I love the emotion and the way you wrote Emma, great job! I would love to read more if you get the time and inspiration to write follow up chapters. :)