Reviews for Lightning and Death Itself
LinkZelda4eva chapter 46 . 4/30
Astrid’s classic line. Love it.
Shock chapter 172 . 3/29
This is a great story. I like how it’s going and honestly I give serious congratulations to you for making it. I’ve also heard that you do take some ideas from the reviews for possible future arcs? If so the only thing that I could make any suggestion for right off the top of my head would be some thing to do with the race to the edge series. I don’t quite have a great understanding of how it would tie into the story and would certainly need some changes due to certain events in the time line (*cough* no dargo *cough* bloody fist *cough* *cough*) but even just certain characters or groups appearing may lead to something interesting. But anyways I’m just a humble reader, and I hate writing! So I’ll just leave your choices for what goes in your story to the creator and skilled writer of said story (you duh lol). As for anything else I have to say I’ve got nothing. Ok well maybe one thing. Good luck and I can’t wait to see what you come up with next!
Guest chapter 172 . 12/24/2021
Please, create story with Vigo, night fury's forcefully turn him into the night fury to get information about his dragon hunters
Cooper chapter 3 . 12/5/2021
"Rus"
Oh my God toothless is a Russian "communist detected on American sol lethal force engage"(starts playing Soviet anthem)
I really like this story so far:)
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah chapter 172 . 9/6/2021
Before I actually start reading this, I want to know: how dead is it? It's been almost a year since the last update, and I'd rather not get invested in a story only for it to never get finished.
Crazy-lazy chapter 65 . 8/30/2021
Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish,
So sad it had to come to this.

-The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
Guardian.Sage chapter 172 . 8/15/2021
Dear Cke1st,
I, the Guardian Sage, would like to say that I recently finished reading this story after rediscovering it amongst my reviews from over six years ago (it was also the first review I did as the Guardian after creating my account). Your story is very good and tends to make more sense than some of the things that they did in the films, most particularly the third film, within the universe that was established for them. I have also recently started to reread this story from the beginning and was wondering about a few things. First how do you think your story might have been different if you knew what they were going to do for the cinematic universe with things like Toothless's age being similar to Hicup's and the existence of the light fury. Also are you planning on further expanding this story to include elements from the third movie such as the group of warlords whom are trying to build a dragon army of which Drago was one, the Dragon hunter who hunted night furies to the edge of extinction in an attempt to wipe them out, the entrance to the hidden world which some would say was at the edge of the world, and also the light fury. I know that I would enjoy such an expansion to the lightning verse with your twist on how thing would end up going down. Also the hidden world could tie into the nest which cut itself off from the outside world via a complex underground network which would work like the hollow earth theory having various entrances all over the world and some of them could be underwater (similar to Journey to the Center of the Earth and the new Godzilla King of the Monsters). On a side note I was wondering if I could write a short story in the lightning verse and include a character of my own. I would be happy to discuss details with you and if you like it you could even add it to this story as an expansion. Also back in chapter 27 you did a 10 year population projection for the night furies. I'm curious as to what those projections would be now with the story so far. I hope to hear from you. May your sword stay sharp!
saberstorm chapter 172 . 6/2/2021
is that the same "shoe polish play" that shows up in the film Frequency?
Stormlighter chapter 65 . 3/30/2021
One thing that I want to point out: theses are *dragons*, not dolphins. They may have a lot of similarities, but not to the point where the dragons would leave... and... not... okay, nevermind.
Muncher-of-Super chapter 94 . 3/13/2021
Great story!
Drunken Hamster chapter 172 . 2/21/2021
Neat little oneshot. I like it.

~Drunk
Drunken Hamster chapter 168 . 2/21/2021
That last line is a killer, lol. Not how I expected this expansion to continue.

~Drunk
Stormgate chapter 172 . 2/7/2021
Anew arc. Basically, they find the Defenders of the Wing.
Stormgate chapter 172 . 2/7/2021
I've recently discovered this story, and I'm presently rereading it. If I could, I'd like to make a suggestion for h
Lightbrightfury chapter 144 . 1/6/2021
Regarding the colossal cave:
Toothless’ and night-fury-flies-in-caves exchange actually made me tear up! Congrats! I don’t cry easily, but their bittersweet father/daughter exchange had me doing just that.

I think I’m with the night furies on this. I could never give up the outdoor wonders of creation for a cave. Freedom might not be usable if you’re dead, but what good is living I’d you aren’t free? And in both scenarios, respectively, premature death isn’t guaranteed, but imprisonment in a cave *is*. Plus who says you can’t die early in a cave?

I know it fits with the plot in the third movie, But this version from the dragons’ perspective, makes me think of failed utopias, where people tried to create the perfect society and it didn’t work. Like some obscure Christian groups conjecturing about a moon colony being a way to “ escape this sinful world and live at peace”. That kind of escapist attitude just rubs me the wrong way. For one, you *can’t* escape sin by going to the moon because humans have sinful natures, and people colonizing the moon would be humans. Second, what about the command to preach the gospel to the whole creation? To be *in* the world but not of it? Creating a utopia is fleeing your post of duty; not acceptable to the Christian.

Ok, I kinda went off on a tangent, but those are the thoughts your story produced.
I’ve enjoyed your writing, It’s refreshing to not have to mentally edit out language or “adult” content as I go. Thanks for keeping it clean!
2,177 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »