Reviews for Lightning and Death Itself
Stormlighter chapter 65 . 3/30
One thing that I want to point out: theses are *dragons*, not dolphins. They may have a lot of similarities, but not to the point where the dragons would leave... and... not... okay, nevermind.
21munchz chapter 94 . 3/13
Great story!
Drunken Hamster chapter 172 . 2/21
Neat little oneshot. I like it.

~Drunk
Drunken Hamster chapter 168 . 2/21
That last line is a killer, lol. Not how I expected this expansion to continue.

~Drunk
Stormgate chapter 172 . 2/7
Anew arc. Basically, they find the Defenders of the Wing.
Stormgate chapter 172 . 2/7
I've recently discovered this story, and I'm presently rereading it. If I could, I'd like to make a suggestion for h
Lightbrightfury chapter 144 . 1/6
Regarding the colossal cave:
Toothless’ and night-fury-flies-in-caves exchange actually made me tear up! Congrats! I don’t cry easily, but their bittersweet father/daughter exchange had me doing just that.

I think I’m with the night furies on this. I could never give up the outdoor wonders of creation for a cave. Freedom might not be usable if you’re dead, but what good is living I’d you aren’t free? And in both scenarios, respectively, premature death isn’t guaranteed, but imprisonment in a cave *is*. Plus who says you can’t die early in a cave?

I know it fits with the plot in the third movie, But this version from the dragons’ perspective, makes me think of failed utopias, where people tried to create the perfect society and it didn’t work. Like some obscure Christian groups conjecturing about a moon colony being a way to “ escape this sinful world and live at peace”. That kind of escapist attitude just rubs me the wrong way. For one, you *can’t* escape sin by going to the moon because humans have sinful natures, and people colonizing the moon would be humans. Second, what about the command to preach the gospel to the whole creation? To be *in* the world but not of it? Creating a utopia is fleeing your post of duty; not acceptable to the Christian.

Ok, I kinda went off on a tangent, but those are the thoughts your story produced.
I’ve enjoyed your writing, It’s refreshing to not have to mentally edit out language or “adult” content as I go. Thanks for keeping it clean!
FireDragonX23 chapter 172 . 1/5
This was a cute story
blixten29 chapter 172 . 12/5/2020
Hello, I am just wondering if you are thinking of making an ark abuit DreamWorks rescue riders because if you did that I would love that
MansCC chapter 27 . 10/21/2020
This should be horror since they force people into becoming monsters without any regrets
Wildcat94 chapter 18 . 10/11/2020
This chapter would have been much better if the other dragons had come to the night furies' aid. They're dragons now, either commit to that or don't make them dragons.
And I realise that this review is pointless since this chapter was written years ago but meh.
Guest chapter 172 . 10/4/2020
This was great, I hope you continue to write for this story again!
JasmineDragon22 chapter 172 . 10/6/2020
Lol that was funny.
Guest chapter 172 . 10/3/2020
Nice! Thanks for the new chapter. I love what you did with the Caisson song.
anhedral chapter 172 . 10/5/2020
Delighted to find another chapter to this epic saga! This was a beautifully structured story. The intergenerational relationships of your Night Furies are something really unique in the fandom :D

Ten years, there or thereabouts, since the first film - and *still* the great fanfics keep right on coming. The source material is a rich seam indeed.
2,169 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »