Reviews for Hidden Light 2
Sarah Wright chapter 12 . 11/5/2014
Please write a sequel to this. You write beautifully, so detailed in your descriptions. The way you wrote Donnies conflicting emotions and the hardships he faced until he found happiness is amazing. The way you wrote his character was so beautifully written it actually made me cry. Also the way you wrote Donnies and Aprils feelings for each other ( their love for one another ) was breathtaking. It made my heart swell as it reminds me of me and my husband, we are always saying to each other how much we love each other and how we are both each others soul mates. Just like Donnie and April in your story. It would be great ( no awesome in fact ) if you wrote a sequel about what its like for them as a married couple. Absolutely fantastic job, you're fab! :0)
Nov N.L.I chapter 11 . 10/24/2014

I know I have reviewed this story more than a few times. But, in light of your recent lack of inspiration, misgivings regarding your work, and general malaise, I feel that it is only right for me to comment again, if only to tell you how much this story means to me.

Writers commonly go through periods of productivity and periods of difficulty, where the words just don’t seem to flow. Where the latter is concerned, it can get bad enough that the author may wonder if they will ever write prolifically again… or if they truly possess a talent for writing. Let me assure you that if “Hidden Light 2” proves anything, it is that you are an amazing writer. There are so many subtleties in the plot, so many references made at the beginning acknowledged again at the end, so many magnificently employed devices, that it stands head and shoulders above anything else that I have read in the fandom. That, of course, is not a condemnation of my fellow writers but rather a testament to the quality of your writing here; of the beauty of your prose and the elegant simplicity of your dialogue. Where characterization is concerned, you have taken characters—beloved ones at that—and managed to make them even more endearing and relatable. When Donnie is at his lowest in this story, I feel it deep within and when he soars to the greatest heights, I soar, too.

I think that readers often take their favorite authors for granted. As a reader, it is all too easy to say: ‘Well, that was good’ or ‘That really came together’ without an acknowledgement of all of the hard work and effort that goes in to creating such a thing of beauty… a thing of wonder. Every action, every sequence, every conversation, heck, every word choice was yours to decide. And, when you truly stop to consider it… What a task that is! At any turn, had you chosen different words or decided to highlight different concepts, we could be reading an entirely different story. That you put everything together the way you did to tell this heartwarming tale of love in all of its complexities, AND that you made it look so simple? THAT is what makes you so damn good, whether you choose to see it or not.

It’s easy to get disheartened or even disenchanted. I get it. I’ve been there a few times myself—at that crossroads where the toil and the frustration seem to outweigh any real benefit or perhaps where you feel so uninspired or lost that nothing seems good anymore; that your writing doesn’t seem to have any color or life to it. It’s a difficult place to be and it will stifle you if you let it. I’m imploring you to avoid such a thing. You are so talented that it would be a crime to step away or scale back. And while life tends to get in the way, all I ask is that you continue writing to please yourself, to tell stories that you feel need to be told, or that are so vivid in your mind that you have to tell them lest the world itself collapse. If you do that, everything else will fall in line.

As an avid admirer of your work and as a friend, it pains me to see you drifting. You have brought a great deal of enjoyment to my life simply by telling this story and sharing it with the community at large and I wanted you to know that. I have faith in you and your abilities. All I’m asking is for you to have a little faith in yourself as well. Believe in your talents and pay homage to them through your efforts. Few do it as well as you. I firmly believe that. Whenever I read your work I am transported to another realm and am able to escape the dreary monotony of my life for a little while… and you can’t put a price on that. That said, whatever stories you choose to tell, believe me when I say that I will be ready to take the journey with you, wherever they may lead.

sarah wright chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
More please!
Lord Anubis Judge of the dead chapter 12 . 9/5/2014
Now this is a good story.
Natalie chapter 4 . 8/22/2014
This is beautiful, enjoying it so much, thank you!
PaNinI245 chapter 3 . 8/18/2014
Nice work
SakuraGamer chapter 1 . 7/13/2014
I really do love this story. I hope I can read the others but Im not old enough, but great job anyways. Your work is truly great and I highly respect it. How April and Donatello just come together is such a spectacular thing. Keep up the good work Terraform.
Lexifer666 chapter 4 . 7/4/2014
So I am rereading this story because I love it and needed some Apritello in my life today, and I just want to point out that you write an amazing Leo. Especially in this chapter. Straight to the heart of a problem, zero BS. You do an awesome job of having him pick apart certain problems through this fic with the precision I would expect from him. Everyone else is very good too, but Leo in this story stands out to me even against fics that are focused on him.
Yakumo the Wu chapter 12 . 6/2/2014
My God. This tale...

Thank you for telling it.

(And I thoroughly glad it didn't end in tragedy or some 'you can't conquer fate' crap...)
Guest chapter 8 . 5/29/2014
This has got to be my most favorite story...ever! Please keep writing about these two. I love the subject matter and literally devour any story about A & D. Your writing style and talent really makes this story stand out - I totally buy into these characters as believable individuals. Totally captivating!
Lexifer666 chapter 1 . 5/12/2014
I loved this. Poor Donnie and his sleepwalking. I also have nightmares and sleep walk when my mind is unsettled about something, so this story really spoke to me, especially what he went through.
Jhallel chapter 12 . 3/27/2014
Ah mah gawd!

I love this fic. It's going onto my favourites for sure. I love your portrayal of Raphael and mikey as background characters. You did a really good job making Casey a believable guy and not just a 2D angry ex.
The perfect combo of angst and romance and some hot anthro loving! Squee!
Juanita27 chapter 12 . 3/24/2014
That story was wonderful! Bravo!
Jay Jones chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
Wow - that was a stunning opening scene. I really enjoyed this entire story, but that dream sequence was my favourite part - such heat and intensity that came across so believably. The idea of April and Donnie sneaking above-ground (or at least in a dark club with drunken humans, ha) is fun and clever; I'd really enjoy reading a story that expands on this/a similar Hallowe'en outing (unless maybe you've written that already?).

I thought that for the entire story you did a thorough job of "sucking the reader in": at one point (Chapter 9?) April and Donnie's refusal to just bloody say that they loved each other made me growl aloud in frustration without even thinking about it, LOL. I look forward to reading your other works, especially Apriltello!
aangismyhomie chapter 12 . 3/11/2014

No words. Just. Hands down, best Apriltello ever. I really hope you keep writing for these two. Thank you so much for this amazing story.
141 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »