Reviews for Hidden Light 2
Guest chapter 12 . 1/2/2014
Beautiful story!
LeatherLeaf chapter 12 . 12/31/2013
Thank you sooooo much for this story. It was painfully beautiful. I've fallen in love with Donatello all over again. Your imagery and detail to inner turmoil melted my heart. I couldn't stop reading it til the very end! Again, thank you. This was brilliant. An all around, achingly delicious, heart-pulling story... Thank you!
April chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
Haha okay I don't know if you know this but Hurricane Sandy sparked a 30% rise I births because of the power outage (couples had nothing better to do I guess). They're calling it the blackout baby boom. I thought of this story and started laughing- Don and April are definitely not alone.
BubblyShell22 chapter 11 . 12/14/2013
Oh man, that was awesome, TF. I loved it and am glad that Don and April finally got to kiss and that the truth has come out. I know Casey will be crushed, but at the same time, I'm sure he suspected it,too. It was just so obvious with everything that's gone on in their lives. Also loved Casey coming back, though how long he'll be there is anyone's guess. Nicely done on this. I'm off to read the final chapter.

BubblyShell22 chapter 10 . 12/14/2013
Another awesome chapter. I loved the campfire scene the best where they were talking about the constellation together. That was just great, though the other scenes in this chapter are good too. I really like this pairing and how you have used it. Nicely done on this. I'm off to read more.

BubblyShell22 chapter 9 . 12/13/2013
Wow. A very interesting chapter for sure. Yes, now Leo knows of her feelings for Don, and he's right that she needs to talk to him and let him know what's going on. I love how April seems so conflicted here about the feelings and not able to process how she really feels. I don't know if her testing this is a good idea as it might lead to other things. Nicely done on this. I really like where this story is going.

BubblyShell22 chapter 8 . 12/13/2013
Whoa. That's not good if Don's sleepwalking again. I really liked a lot of things in this chapter from the hovercraft to the dancing scene and even to April giving Don the geode. All of that was just so awesome, and I loved it. You really have a way of writing this relationship, and April is right in that Don is very important to her and a part of her life. Nicely done on this. I'm off to read more.

Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 12 . 12/7/2013
Well, that was a beautiful ending to an amazing story. I have read my share of fanfiction over the years-more than my fair share, truth be known-and this stands apart as one of the best stories I have had the immense pleasure of reading. Everything about it was top knotch and first-class.

As I read, I couldn't help but feel like a voyeur intruding on a private moment between lovers. Everything was so well planned throughout and so well executed that the final product was seamless. I loved the change in dynamics that occurred over the span of time in the epilogue. At first, everything is fiery passion. As time goes on, that fire remains and in some ways burns hotter and brighter. It's a wonderful way to look at love; a true romantic's way of looking at love.

A lot of this final chapter reminded me of one of my favorite songs by The Eagles, "Love Will Keep Us Alive." As he proposed, I began envisioning their future together and that song popped into my head. So long as they have passion and love for one another, anything is possible. Life can be as wondrous as they choose to make it. I am confident that their will be a blessed union.

Thanks again for writing this. It was a fantastic read from start to finish and one I shall surely revisit. May your pen never rest!

P.S. Happy 100th Review!
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 11 . 12/7/2013
YES! YES! FINALLY! Kudos to who/whatever knocked out the power in that section of the city! Donnie and April owe you big time! In any case, this chapter was definitely the climax of the story in my opinion. You have been building us up to this point since the very beginning and you did not disappoint. Too often, I've seen authors fail to seize upon the moment or-worse-allow an opportunity to pass them by. What you created here is masterful. It completely lived up to my expectations. I even got a bit misty-eyed as he was confessing his love and during the descriptive sections thereafter. It was powerful stuff occurring in an equally powerful and romantic setting.

I'm happy that Don FINALLY found the courage to admit his feelings. He'll probably be getting restful sleep now that he is unburdened [and for other reasons :) ] To hear April echo the words from his dream must have been completely surreal for him and to feel her lips against his must have been the affirmation he'd been waiting for- that he's worthy, that he's the one she wants. It's so touching.

I can't praise this enough. You paced everything in the scene perfectly. In my mind, scenes are more effective when they are properly paced. Action scenes tend to read better with short, declarative setences; conversely, romance scenes are best when the sentences are descriptive and laden with imagery. You absolutely nailed it. I was adrift in your words and transported to another realm. Effective writing? You're damn right it is.

Awesome job! On to the finale!
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 10 . 12/7/2013
DAMMIT DONNIE! YOU BLEW IT! YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE AND YOU BLEW IT! GAHHHHHHHH.

The final scene of this chapter couldn't have been more romantic or beautifully written. He had her in the moment. She was at ease and they were definitely sharing one of those fleetingly wondrous connections-staring at the stars, thinking about worlds and realms beyond, all he had to do was say three simple words to her and everything...EVERYTHING would have been his. All he could ever want. What does he do instead? NOTHING!

Then again, though, I am in no position to criticize. I have been in Don's shoes before and can totally relate to the internal struggle he is wrestling with. To have feelings for someone and leave them unsaid for fear that it will ruin a preexisting relationship is ultimately a foolish thing to do. Not only do you deny yourself any happiness that could result from the relationship if it would have evolved into something more, but you also rob yourself of any enjoyment you derived from the relationship previously because you always wonder: "What if?" It is an area I have struggled with in my personal life and it definitely strikes a chord with me. Bravo!

I actually liked that Mark guy. For a moment, I wondered if he was going to try to pull some sort of stunt-like be REALLY forward to the point of deserving a slap across the face. But you played him well. He knew he had no chance and ultimately accepted that with grace. The way he kept the door open for April should she ever change her mind was also a nice touch. The only thing I didn't like about him was the comment about seeing her out of her dress. I would never have the guts to say something like that to someone on a second date; it just seems like a way to ensure there won't be a third.

This chapter was great and they seem to continue getting better as the story goes on. I love your use of descriptive language and definitely admire a lot of your imagery. I never feel my imagery is quite right... yours just blows me away. It adds another layer of sophistication to the tale. Awesome work.
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 9 . 12/6/2013
Dammit April! C'mon! You have all of these signs pointing you to the ONE UNDENIABLE CONCLUSION and whaddya do? You botch the hell out of it by calling up the guy from work. UGH. I know she is doing it as a test to see if her feelings for Donnie are truly genuine, but it's a bad idea. Still, I doubt her connection with some persistent guy from work would be nearly as deep as the relationship she shares with Donatello. Deep down, I hope she realizes that. My lingering fear is that Donnie will drop by unannounced and interrupt her as she is getting ready for the date or-worse yet-see her out with the guy. That would be a crushing blow to his pride and confidence.

I am glad, though, that Don's out of the woods. I seriously couldn't in good conscience go to bed not knowing whether or not the Foot found Don in his fugue state. I'm glad it ended relatively quietly and that there was no bloodshed. Some sneakers might have been forever ruined, but in the grand scheme of things that is no biggie.

I just hope that both April and Don wake the hell up. They are wasting an opportunity to take their amazing friendship to the next level, thereby allowing it to blossom into something more. To do anything less is to snuff out any hope of happiness-of light brightening their drab worlds. And it's so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it never shone.

Excellent job, yet again. I shall read more soon!
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 8 . 12/6/2013
And they danced! Yay! Unfortunately, I have a feeling that is what caused Don to start sleepwalking again, but it would be difficult to say it wasn't worth it. After all, he got to dance with April just like he did in his dream and how often can we truly live out our dreams?

Sleepwalking, if I recall, tends to be a product of the subconscious. If I were to hypothesize, I would say that it takes so much restraint for Donatello to be around April without actually being with her-to be seemingly so close yet so far away-that the only time he truly acts without moderation is when he is asleep. When his waking mind is unable to overcome the powerful urges of his subconscious.

The geode scene was wonderful. Two halves of a whole. How else could you describe them? Soulmates is a term that gets thrown out rather loosely, but I think it fits this pair based on what you have written here. They are simply cut from the same cloth, yet they are different enough to compliment one another.

I was going to stop here for tonight, but I can't deal with the evil cliffie. I shall read on. Excellent work, as always.
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 7 . 12/6/2013
Oh, Casey. What ever will we do with you? Though he has his share of issues and though I prefer Donnie for obvious reasons, I can't help but feel a little sorry for the guy. He is making the right moves, after all. He is trying to change-trying to be a better person. The only problem is that he is doing it all for the wrong reasons. Obviously it has to please April that he cares enough about her to quit drinking and change his ways, but at the same time the underlying issues and dynamics of their relationship wouldn't transform overnight. They have a history, after all.

I LOVED the card and gift. It warmed me. It was a very clever gift and even wittier inscription. Combine that with the irises and I think that Donnie wins-flawless victory.

It's probably better for everyone at this juncture that Casey takes off for a while. I think things would come to a head between him and Donnie if he stayed. Actually, I was almost expecting him to throw the vase of irises across the room or tear up the card or something. Something destructive. I guess if he was trying to win April back, though, he would demonstrate some restraint. In any case, the interplay between him and April was very telling and well done.

Awesome job!
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 6 . 12/6/2013
I'll admit that I am a little late to the game as far as reading stories on this site from the TMNT fandom. While I loved the '87 series when I was younger, the live action films, and the 2007 movie, it was the new Nick series that really piqued my interest and got me into looking at the TMNt fanfiction stories (unfortunately, I didn't get the channel that broadcast the '03 series, though I have caught the SAINW sequence and a few other episodes on youtube.) So I haven't been around for the long haul... I will say that from what I have read, you write Master Splinter the best. You have his dialogue down, his mannerisms-his subtle yet ubiquitous wit. The scene between him and Donnie was amazing. A son and a father in a beautiful setting sharing a moment together. When Splinter is gone years down the line, I have a feeling that would be one of the moments Donnie would remember most.

The anecdote and advice were wonderful, by the way!

Again, wonderful job. I don't feel I can stress that enough.
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 5 . 12/6/2013
The more I read, the more I love this story. The relationships are becoming evermore complex with each chapter and the interplay between the characters is by far your greatest strength. You write dialogue very well. I feel one of my weaknesses as a writer is dialogue and characterization (I don't feel I delve deeply enough sometimes) so to read a story where someone has really hit the nail on the head is an absolute treat.

I adored Raph this chapter. When I was younger and watched the 1987 cartoon and the live action films, he was always my favorite. As I've gotten older, I have a real soft spot for Donnie, but I still appreciate Raph (they all have their allure for me, really.) His gruff personality can be difficult to get a read on, but he strikes me as someone who would be difficult to get to know but fiercely loyal once you earned his trust. My favorite line of his in this chapter was: 'Don, you're my brother.' It's perfect. Casey may be his friend and tey may have a lot in common, but in one beautifully succinct setence, you sum up who Raphael is. Awesome job!

The attack from the Foot was a surprise, but a nice touch. April getting injured was a great way to stir up all of the uncertainty that seemed settled: Don will second guess whether a relationship with April is best for her while stewing about his very nature-that of a mutant "freak." To me, their relationship always reminds me of the song "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls.

This was a great chapter, for sure. You rock. Officially added to my rather exclusive favorite authors list!
137 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »