Reviews for Arrow: Green & Black
Bloodsong chapter 33 . 3/15
Dear Guest;

i'm glad you enjoyed the story (more than once!) and the small flashback with malcolm and rebecca. :)
I've been re-reading this (since I love your Malcolm stories :) ) and I had totally forgotten about that Rebecca/Malcolm moment and I literally started tearing up a little. (or a lot) I can just picture the scene in my mind. Over the seasons, as more of Malcolm's backstory is revealed, it becomes more clear as to what he went though and how Rebecca's death pains/weighs on him everyday. Fantastic job.
anaisonfire chapter 35 . 8/28/2016
This was really good. A nice read. I like how you've portrayed Malcolm, he is one of my favorite characters in the show. And now, onwards to the sequel!
Quiet Like the Snow chapter 35 . 6/14/2015
Nice story. Lots of fun events XD

To Oliver therapy XD I can laugh for many mental images that I got when I read the story.
Dark Empress V chapter 2 . 10/5/2014
Whoa. Wow. You just took my breath away. You changed this chapter in SO MANY ways.
I keep gasping for breath as Rebecca must have. When she was dying. And I will not put a cheesy sad smiley face here, because that would be offending her.
I wish there was a way to post yet another review...
Still, I have the chance, as you edited this one.
I found myself blinking so many times...It isn't worthy of mentioning.
The only thing worthy of mentioning is your genius as a writer.
Revenant-Commander chapter 12 . 9/11/2014
Re-reading this again since I quite enjoy your take on Malcolm, both in this and in your 'Dark Archer's revenge' type story. Whenever I watch the show I tend to think of how similar the two of them are, and I definitely can't wait for Season 3 to begin because of Malcolm being a series regular now. I hope he remains so for more than one season...
cocotiks chapter 15 . 7/11/2014
What the hell is wrong with Oliver?! He needs to get her out of there!
Elaine du Lac chapter 29 . 2/15/2014
Whew. Intense chapter. I nearly cried with the Merlyns as they talked about Rebecca.
Elaine du Lac chapter 19 . 2/15/2014
Dress-up comment was the best!
Elaine du Lac chapter 14 . 2/15/2014
Love the complexity of this story. Merlyn's still the villain but he's also so much more than that and unlike the TV show, Oliver now comes to feel that humanity, that sympathy and other stuff that makes things far from black and white. After all, all that bonding time they had was far from faked.
Elaine du Lac chapter 12 . 2/15/2014
Whoah.
Bloodsong 13T chapter 34 . 2/3/2014
KC:
i'm glad you liked the end! not just the 'vat of acid,' but the detail of malcolm working around potential innocent bystanders.

now as for the worm... felicity had mentioned to oliver that it wasn't wise for him to go to malta at the same time a vigilante arrow'd mcgovern. malta is pretty small, so even malcolm being there during the timeframe of her murder could be a problem. so, to fix that little problem, felicity did rewrite the flightplans for malcolm's jet so that he had apparently left before the incident.

i want to thank everybody who made it through to the end of the story along the way. and sorry about that horrible cliffhanger. (really. (not.)) ;)
DieAstra chapter 34 . 2/2/2014
Oh Malcolm, never lose your evilness!

I truly love this new Malcolm. He can be still evil, but it is justified for a greater good, doing the right thing. It's like Neal Caffrey in "White Collar" who works for the FBI now but still can pull off all those wonderful heists.

Standing there for hours, ignoring his leg pain... whump factor: Check! (and without the need to pee, I am impressed ;) )

And no, I have absolutely no clue what you are hinting at at the end. I can guess though. Since the only plane in the story so far was his... did she just change where he came from so nobody could track it? Impressive.

I just was thinking how different the end of this story is from its beginning. Then Felicity was held captive, and was afraid of Malcolm and never would have worked for him, and here they are, working together. She has come a great way since then, and so has he. He has learnt that he does not need to kill everyone that is standing in his way.

I really really love this new Malcolm. I hope your viewing ratings are high and this series gets renewed for many more seasons!
StarKayak chapter 34 . 2/1/2014
Loved the complex treatment of Malcolm, the execution was ruthless and appropriate as it reflected how McGovern treated her victims (poetic justice), yet he yielded to a moment of mercy for the young man. I can only hope the writers on Arrow will write with similar depth in future episodes.

If you are taking responses on Oliver's partial deafness, he will need his hearing so recovery or artificial enhancement could work since money is no object. I like Malcolm's scars, it reflects his humanity because he is scared, inside and out. Sometimes it may seem like you've written yourself into a corner; however, it may be just another opportunity to deepen the story. Looking forward to the next one.
KC chapter 34 . 1/31/2014
Worm? Whatever are they up to? Get that sequel up, stat!

Loved Malcolm's method of bringing McGovern to justice. It was a cruel but fitting end. That he spared her boytoy was an excellent touch, shows that Team Arrow has had an affect. Hm, partially deaf Oliver or full recovery - I don't know which is better. On one hand it's interesting, on the other it's a pretty big handicap for him (which plot-wise could strengthen his relationship with Malcolm). I say just write it however you want; let the ideas flow naturally. It'll work either way for me. :)

Thank you very much for this exciting and well-written story! Reading it has been quite fun. I'm eager to read more of your work.