Reviews for The Banks of Bruinin
The Phantom Dragon chapter 3 . 12/17/2014
feeeeeeeeeeeellllsssss
Mhyin chapter 1 . 7/30/2014
Oh darn I see this is complete but I also see you have other fics so I will go read those. I just was wondering though, you said that Kili's thong necklace had 4 beads and that they were Frerin and their fathers? Was there others or are there like two of each, is it just their fathers?
Mhyin chapter 3 . 7/30/2014
At first I was like "dang first person" but i'm glad I stuck around I really enjoy this fic it's very nicely written and so in character and it's lovely to see Thorin being stern yet loving. Please continue 3
Guest chapter 3 . 7/30/2014
at first i was like "dang first person" but i'm glad i stuck around i really enjoy this fic it's very nicely written and so nicely in character and it's lovely to see thorin being stern yet loving. Please continue 3
LRoseC chapter 3 . 6/15/2014
This is really well written and detailed. I hope they find the pony! Poor Ham :(
4everindscripts chapter 3 . 3/27/2014
So I've read more than a couple of renditions of the near-drowning incident. And must say I do like this one mostly for the reason it gives for Kili's chasing the pony. So far that makes a lot more sense than the other ones (not to say they gave bad reasons). But I liked this one. Not such a fan of the pacing (sorry!) but I understand why you wanted to see this from Thorin's POV, so I can forgive the progress in favor of the need to focus on Thorin's thoughts (did that make any sense?). Anyway kudos! Also I think you've had the least typo errors I've seen so far hehe (or maybe just lately)
WeirdyMcWeirderton chapter 3 . 2/23/2014
Absolutely loved this story! Great job!
neverendingstory1 chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
Perfection 3
please more like this
Unseen Watcher chapter 3 . 1/24/2014
Love the family moments.
Bilbo still needs a boot to his posterior. Or someone giving him an hours long lecture on how he needs to get along with his relatives. That ought to go over well. And make a point.
I rather like them fading off to sleep actually. It's restful. heh.
Evildarkwolf chapter 3 . 12/18/2013
This is very well written. A very nice story to read. Wish there was more. Love Thorin being all lovingly to his nephew's
Draconiform-algeeee chapter 3 . 7/30/2013
I loved this story! Especially when you don't find any like this. So much snuggling omg. It was interesting from Thorin's POV. I just wish there was more of Kíli.
Emzieluvsbooks chapter 3 . 7/20/2013
This was so awesome! A totally amazing, awesome, fabulous story. You took the one sentence in the book and expanded it into an incredibly awesome family fic. I loved all the comfort and snuggles :) I wish you had actually had Thorin braid the beads into Kili's hair instead of having him just think about it, cause that was an awesome idea you had, but whatevs. No biggie. So just sum up, I LOVED IT :D
Ruairistrikesback chapter 3 . 7/17/2013
I'm always sad to see the last chapter, but I enjoyed it greatly. Lots of grooming and tending and affection that I enjoyed. As always, I appreciated the great care and intelligence with which you draw Fili and Thorin. They breathe and with each story they seem rounder. I found myself missing a sense of Kili's thoughts and motivations-perhaps Thorin understands and identifies with Fili more and thus Fili comes across more clearly to Thorin's pov. Though we see some signs of cunning as in him feigning sleep, for most of the story, Kili just seems well-meaning but bumbling/foolish. Stumbling into perils that he can't fix and needing his older, wiser brother to rescue him from. His father is described as resembling Kili-I hope that Kili does not turn out to just be a liability, creating problems for Fili and Thorin to ponder and fix. It is easy to see why Thorin brings Fili, but I wonder if Fitali (bookish, from a foolishly brave family, oblivious to tradition, ill suited to combat, not seeming up to snuff despite Thorin's grudging affection) is meant to resemble his younger son in more than just looks. It'd be interesting to see more of Kili's pov-what are his strengths? What does he offer as a company member and potential king? If he -is- a liability, does he know? How does he think about it? It'd be fun to see more of the Durin's relationships with the hobbit , Gandalf and other dwarves as well. I guess this is a roundabout way of saying "I love your writing" Cant wait to see what you post next!
anubislover chapter 3 . 6/29/2013
So, once again it takes me forever to review, and once again I am ashamed of myself for taking so long. I hope this review makes up for my tardiness. Unfortunately, your stories are so consistently good that I can't really say a whole lot that I haven't raved about before, but I'll do my best. As usual, characterization and drama are top notch, and the family dynamic is amazing. I do hope in future fics we can have the boys interact with other members of the party a little bit more (you set up a possibility for a friendship between the boys and Ori that I'd love so see play out, if possible), but this was a very nice, family oriented chapter and story overall. And there are certainly worse ways to end a story than by them all falling asleep, lol!

I'd like to give special attention to a certain line of dialogue. "I would die tomorrow for your father's treasures, Uncle," he said fiercely, "Why should I not do the same for my father's?" This is possibly one of the best things I have ever read, especially from Kili. It says so much about him; that while he loves his uncle and would die for his cause, he doesn't just blindly follow him. He has his own values, and demands at least a little respect for them. I especially like how it shows that he does value his father; most fics I've read have Fili be the only one with any care for the memory of their dad, with Kili pretty much forgetting he ever existed (often justifiable, since their father is often written as dying when Kili's very little). I love how you showed that he really does harbor some love for his father, despite his early death, and gives such value to the only things he has of his. And the fact that you managed to get this across with just two sentences makes me stand a little in awe.

So, yeah. As usual, your story is amazing and I really love pretty much everything you've done in it. I look forward to whatever you write next, whenever you should choose to do so, and I promise to make my review more timely next time. As always, keep up the wonderful work!
KseniaNZ chapter 3 . 6/17/2013
Great story! Liked that it had adventure, family, character moments, and all of the company in it. Story moved at a good rate and I enjoyed the mix of description and dialogue. Awesome work. :)