Reviews for Refrain
theredrobin chapter 6 . 11/12/2014
…you made me cry. I hope you’re happy with yourself.

How could you do this to them? No, wait, I’m going to answer what I need to be true for the sake of my sanity: this isn’t happening. It’s a dream. Or a hoax. Or a mistake. Or whatever means Clint is not dead. If he dies like this, Natasha will never forgive herself. She won’t be able to live with herself. So that’s the only explanation I will accept. There was no body, the evidence is on my side.

Because this can’t be happening.

(Gorgeous, gorgeous writing, as always. You even managed to inject a little humor in here while all hell is breaking loose.)
Knyle Borealis chapter 6 . 8/28/2014
AAAAAHHHHH! Nonotclintandtashailoveclintandtashawhyisthishappeningihateemotionalrollercoastersnoidon'tbecausethisisawesomebutreallyAAAAAAAHHHHH!
*wheeze*
Sorry.
Zalini chapter 6 . 10/23/2013
OMG! How worse does this get? Wow! This is really a crazy wonderful read I tell you. I can only hope that things get better...it can't get any worse. Great story so far and great writing as usual.
Miss Starfire chapter 6 . 8/3/2013
Do you hear that? That's the sound of my heart breaking.
sv4me chapter 6 . 6/17/2013
So... You're bringing Barton back right?... Like Marvel did Coulson? RIGHT? (in a meek voice) - please?
AlienTourist chapter 6 . 6/6/2013
That's rather suspicious, that Clint was cremated so soon and nobody was there when he died, the team at least. Is he still alive? I hope he is. I bet he is. Coulson too.
shila1378 chapter 6 . 6/6/2013
I know Clint is alive somewhere in your series, so I'm just gonna wait for new posting. Just dont take too long, okay...
jpgFury chapter 6 . 6/5/2013
sad sad sad - this makes me so sad
jpgFury chapter 5 . 6/5/2013
omg that was gutting... poor, poor tasha (
Zarannya chapter 6 . 6/5/2013
Wow... not a happy ending for now, is it?

This all smells of a setup... though by whom, and for what reason? Or... it could be Fury's twisted way of giving Barton an "uninterrupted retirement" since he's been declared dead. That gets him out of the sight of the Council, at least.

Somehow, I don't see the other Avengers letting this go so easily. I guess the big mystery is whether or not Bruce, Pepper, and even Hill know what's up and whether or not he's actually gone?

Don't keep us hanging!
Dsgdiva chapter 6 . 6/5/2013
Awesome! I have a suspicion about the future... :)
Sage of wind Dragons chapter 6 . 6/5/2013
how convenient no freaking body. Does no one else catch this? this is FAR to freaking easy of some sort of a cover up. quite wonderfull really! going to fuck people up so bad when it all comes back.
its going to be a MESS and showcase one of the strains of super hero groups that arnt because the team starts betraying each other. (well kinda)
so much crap gets bogged down really that groups break up so much.
but yeah Im guessing their just showked or something, and last time I checked wasent Barton like on his way out of Shiled and then bad stuff happened? so his legality as a shield agent is probably an issue.
but YEAH poltical issues right at the time the avengers and allies need to be building and stockpiling stuff because of international aliens! How fun!
wonder what some happy nuke trigger fellas are up to right now.
So what bread crumbs will Clint be a giving in that nice will of his?
I like the development with maria and Steve, you've made it work quite nicely really.
I wonder if Loki and Thor get osme view of whats going on, theirs probably residual stuff Loki might be able to use and Thor with Henmials powers could be,, well...
welp till next chapter!
Alpha Flyer chapter 6 . 6/5/2013
Cremation. Brilliant way to make someone disappear...

That said, for those who haven't clued in yet (i.e. our Avenger friends), you provided wonderful, heart-breaking in-character responses. And if I wasn't already looking forward to Friday, I sure am now!
Guest chapter 6 . 6/5/2013
"I can't go back to the Tower. That was... for awhile, it was home and I can't go home without him." -Ah, that was such a heartbreaking statement. Poor Natasha... :(
stefaniegk chapter 6 . 6/5/2013
Quit breaking my heart! You are doing such an amazing job with this story. I can't wait to see where you go with it. I dislike Morse so much I want to punch her in the face. You are writing the team extremely well and Natasha is making me want to cry.