Reviews for Insanity
Alethyia chapter 29 . 7/5
Alright. I don't know where to start but I want to write a proper review even though it's been a while since you posted this, but you deserve it. After playing ROTR I replayed the first game again. I couldn't stand that something was missing, I even read the comics and I can't believe how fast the writers got Lara over her PTSD... They want to make her a human character but in many ways they haven't convinced me yet. (I don't know if they ever will) But however, you did, and thank you for that. You made it so believable by staying true to the characters as well as making it so realistic. You made Lara so human, so vulnerable and yet so strong for actually fighting and accepting her demons. You honestly made her real. So thank you. I enjoyed every chapter, and the last one made me tear up for sure. Great writing! (I wish that in the comics/game they would have made Lara do the same for Sam, even if it was just briefly mentioned, instead of her running off for adventures)
Unknown chapter 4 . 2/15
Great Job done so far!
Dragonslayer1989 chapter 6 . 2/14
This is so awesome! Exactly the story I've been looking for since I finished the game last year! I absolutely live it.
electric gurrl chapter 29 . 1/31
I really loved this story. I usually like only romance stories, but this one had such a realistic and raw portrayal of what Lara was going through that I couldn't stop reading and didn't care that it wasn't romance. I was really engaged in her character, and Sam was wholeheartedly supportive but got frustrated sometimes too, which I feel like was very realistic, no matter how good of a friend she is. This was just an excellent aftermath story that definitely disturbed me at times, but was so good to read.
Deberzer chapter 29 . 5/5/2015
Well, that was such an interesting, informative and good read. Thank you very much for that.
Warkitty chapter 29 . 4/12/2015
Dark Caramel chapter 22 . 3/9/2015
Your chapter is really impressive, but I think the way you have depicted Lara is a bit too vulnerable...
Jamielen chapter 28 . 7/22/2014
This is probably the best Lara/Sam story out there. You have their personalities down to a T, and a gift for writing a plot that hooks the reader. Honestly after reading chapter 15 I got the vibe this was a "Best friend only Fic" and felt kind of cheated. So I skipped to the end, not wanting to invest anymore time into a BFF story. I think it's very unfair, that because Sam is a girl, I am doom to stumble on a good fic, only to find out they are BF's at the end. If Sam was a guy there would be no doubt they would be paired together. I really wish it would have been more clear from the beginning what kind of story this is. I don't mean to come off rude, this fiction is amazing. I'm just not interested in reading about straight people. As a homosexual I have to deal with straight couples being represented all the time. In tv, Movies, and books. I don't like being trapped into a fic, only to have "oh we are soo BFF kisses on the cheek la la laaa"

Oh god I'm ranting. Anyway 10/10. Those uncomfortable with the idea of gay people. And always want straight couples will love this.
Gasian Gaond chapter 29 . 3/5/2014
This is such an amazing story and it's a shame that you won't be writing a sequel (or another story, from reading your profile) (It's also funny how similar we are in that regard, rebooted Tomb Raider kicks ass). Aside from very minor issues with some spelling and dialogues, this is extremely well done and bittersweet. I really hope you will consider writing again, because there can never be enough Lara and Sam stories. Good work.
Confiscated Retina chapter 29 . 3/3/2014
This whole story was fantastic! Speaking as someone who is currently in therapy for PTSD, you captured what it was like somewhat disturbingly well. Seeing Lara take those first steps and starting to work through it all was really uplifting, especially at this current crossroads in my own life. Thanks so much for writing this!
Yamataikoku chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
That was intense. Awesome intro!
Guest chapter 11 . 3/1/2014
Only four people died? Such a big ship could not have been run by seven people, right? I know only four people were named and shown "on camera" but there had to be more. What about that guy that was strung up and sacrificed, right at the beginnig? Or those guys at the mountain temple? You know, the ones that told their captors to leave lara alone, then rushed them, giving lara time to escape? It was right before she made her first kill.
Scepterra chapter 29 . 3/2/2014
You wrote a dark powerful piece. The description of PTSD was really good, and I loved the more realistic approach of the relationship between Lara and Sam during the recovery. Even though the ending is sappy, again, I like that it doesn't depict that everything is all rainbows and butterflies with Sam that hasn't begun her own recovery, while Lara has done one of the hardest parts. Thank you for this story :)
ObsessedwReading chapter 29 . 2/28/2014
Aw! I love this. :)
An Amber Pen chapter 29 . 2/28/2014
Awww, now that was a sweet and wonderful chapter. Loved it!