Reviews for Fall Interludes
MaryHooper chapter 5 . 4/27/2014
I honestly don't have any concrit for you, but I wanted to let you know that your headcanon is one of my favorite Sherlock universes. I adore John and Molly together. I'm also excited to see your incorporating Series 3 in now.
jack63kids chapter 5 . 4/26/2014
... And now I mind too. Didn't think I would, but if John does...

Another tearjerker. Don't know how you do it to this old stoic. Beautiful angst, pure and simple. So much descriptive prose that takes us to exactly what John is feeling and we're with him in the graveyard.
persevera chapter 1 . 3/3/2014
This is the manifestation of that line in the first episode of the new season- "You made me grieve."
John is so stoic but still pained, at his lowest point, except that Molly is taking an interest in him now. He can only get so low when she's there to buck him up and offer a blanket or dinner or whatever he might need.
Of course, some of it would be her sense of guilt and obligation since she knows Sherlock isn't really dead and she's letting John suffer needlessly. At this stage though her loyalty is to Sherlock, not John.
I love the little touch at the end that will be a big part of their early relationship, where Molly apologizes or in some way diminishes herself and John gives her reassurance.
As much as I enjoy your dialogue mysteries, as stated previously, I really love your narratives.
The favorite part of this one was the memory of Sherlock's enjoying a DVD and their conversation about it.
John's loss its still so new that what might have previously been a pleasant memory is just another sadness.
Beautiful and touching.
darkaccalia520 chapter 5 . 2/6/2014
Oh, every time I read a new deleted scene, it always brings me back to the first story, which is bittersweet for me. Don't get me wrong; I loved the story, but it was sad for John.

Anyway, I really loved the opening paragraph, The description about Sherlock's hair was fantastic, and I really loved him being compared to a child, since Sherlock has so many child-like qualities.

I also loved John's thoughts about the snow. Having lived with snow all my life, I'm not a fan, but when it actually starts falling from the sky, I've never despised it. There is something lovely about it, but then again, I've never associated it with something awful the way John did. I can completely understand why. I loved how he compared the snowflakes to spiders; I despise spiders, so I just loved that analogy. Really explains his disgust.

Oh, my heart; the line about the sky falling on him was so sad and lovely. Fantastic angst! I can completely understand his feelings, and I love the protectiveness of John over the grave. It's all he has left to cling to, so I can understand that.

It was rather sweet of Molly to find him. I knew she meant well, but I don't think John wanted to be disturbed at that time.

I found the last two lines rather ironic, especially since this is still when Molly knew the truth and John didn't. I'd have loved to know what was going through her mind at that time, seeing John in such pain, but I suppose that's another story for another time. I guess I'd like to know how she couldn't tell him.

But John's thought...absolutely heart-wrenching and perfect. It's always wonderful to start my day with a bit of angst. Really enjoyed this, dear. Well done. :)
Aiko Isari chapter 5 . 1/10/2014
ANGSTY JOHN! It's been a while since I've seen you. Been a bit busy reading my Mycroft ANNNGSST, you know how it goes.

Ahem. For a minute, I got horribly confused and thought I was reading Sherlock instead of John and was like: I'm missing some million dollar words. I blame me being up at one in the morning, but that's something else entirely.

I like the comparison of the snowflakes to spiders. The tone that he was thinking with in the narration was probably why my brain was like: Only Sherlock can sound this grumpy. :) Kidding Eddy.

I wonder if John, in his worried moments, checking to be sure Sherlock is really alive, remembers that sleeping person on Christmas morning, and compares them. Compares their happiness and their thoughts... and then wonders if Sherlock is really alive... okay I should stop now, that's very morbid... and off-topic. Kind of.

Moving on. I love the many thoughts of snow that he has. They're all very opposing emotions: happiness, love, sadness, anger. Very different times in his life, and now it's ugly because it's taking his friend's dignity away. It's a sad thing, made sadder by Molly. Molly remains her awkward self, who understands but doesn't understand.

Because as John says, he minds Sherlock's dignity going, he minds Sherlock being dead, he minds this pain, a lot.

He wishes that Sherlock wasn't dead, but as far as he knows, Sherlock IS dead, and all he can do is clean up the grave.

If that doesn't hurt a good man, what does? Catch you later Eddy. :)
Librasmile chapter 5 . 1/1/2014
Wow...BEAUTIFUL...perfect for the season. Thank you. And Happy New Year.
darkaccalia520 chapter 4 . 11/21/2013
I'm not sure how I missed this one as I thought I reviewed it. I also hope you consider this part of the ATF series so that I'm still going by your preferences. :)

Anyway, whenever I read these, it always takes me back and reminds me why I love your series so much. Your characters have come such a long way since then too. I love that John notes that Sherlock's grave has no grass growing over it and that his headstone has nothing but a name. I found that super interesting because I didn't know you didn't have to have a date on a headstone. The epitaph and pictures...yes, that's optional, but no date? It almost makes me wonder if John should have noticed that as a tell, but then again, he was too distraught and consumed in his own guilt to notice, I suppose

I also love that John brought him flowers, even knowing full well that Sherlock was not a flower kind of person. Then again, it seems to me the fact the grave was so barren looking that something needed to be put there to brighten it up. Maybe not for Sherlock's sake, but for his own. I also love that he notes he could have visited other graves but really can't.

I'm glad Lestrade shows up. I also loved the tension between the two. It also reminds me how far John and Lestrade have come in their own relationship. Also very interesting John was at the cemetery for so long. LOL...I loved John's response about not realizing being at the cemetery was a crime. Ah, I suppose I'm glad Lestrade takes him to the pub for a bit. Unfortunately for John, he can't get over that guilt. I do love that Lestrade tries to tell him it wasn't his fault, but it's like it goes one ear and out the other. And the fact that he's going to a warm pub while Sherlock's in the ground...yikes, I think you really captured how dark things were for John during this time. It's almost too bad this had to be cut out, but I'm so glad you put it up for everyone to see. I'm assuming the anonymous caller was Sherlock himself. I love how no one can figure it out, not even Lestrade. But I do love that even in his 'death', Sherlock is taking care of John, I only wish he knew how horrible his absence made John feel. Yes, I know he found out later, but still... It just brings out all the feels again. Very sad and poignant.

I really loved this piece. I only wish there were more, but perhaps I'll get my wish soon. Well done, dear. :)

One little thing:

though he'd placed an bright florist's bouquet-though he'd placed a bright florist's bouquet
jack63kids chapter 4 . 9/24/2013
Oh my! Talking of angst - and that was in the words and around the words and between the words and where no words exist! *sob!*

Lovely Greg moments - that man can not only dominate a chair, but he can dominate a plot given the opportunity.

I'm wondering if this is a non-Brit phrase as I've not heard anyone here say it: 'made him startle' - I have heard, made him start, or startled him, but never made him startle until fanfic, and then only by non-Brit writers. I'd be interested to know if you find out.

Painfully wonderful writing. Wish there was more, but then there is, a whole new story waiting for me to turn the first page, so I'm a happy bunny! ;-D
jack63kids chapter 3 . 9/24/2013
Another aw! moment. In fact several. And it's rather fun knowing John's future relationship with Toby.

So much implied in between the words that this is heartrending somehow with little being said directly.
jack63kids chapter 2 . 9/24/2013
Another great chapter. John is on form being moody and stubborn, just as it should be.

'Puzzled, he turned the receipt over, as if expecting the answers to be written somewhere on the back.'
'Plastic Earrings ' - *snort!*

'And what should have been three quid and odd was now... one thousand and three quid and odd.' - I was wondering if the twenty pounds ought to be kept in for symmetry's sake.

Bank clerks aren't usually so eager to show people their statements - he'd have needed more ID I think. Honestly can't remember having to ask in the bank before, but know you like details. I'd think card, plus something with an address on, like a bill or maybe a drivers' license, maybe even a password, which used to be mother's maiden name.

The whole spitting episode is to die for - glorious detail - and how he would prefer that to being given money, not that I blame him.

Love it! Makes me want to read right from the start again followed by watching the entire series back-to-back. Powerful stuff, your fics!
jack63kids chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
Aw! Sometimes it's the simple details - the name of the film they watched, a mundane conversation which wasn't really mundane after all, a mention of Greg's way of showing concern, a late night text conversation... all these add up to a picture of grief and a life that is lost so much more than a heartfelt speech. And so much more in keeping with the way they roll.

I love this. It is a treat to read and chances my mood in a good way, introspective and slightly sad, but not terrible. That is a characteristic of a great fic and a top fic writer.
darkaccalia520 chapter 3 . 9/8/2013
Awwww, this was really sweet. It's been quite a while since I've gotten to read any of these, and every time I do, it always brings me back good memories of when this all started. It's a very lovely feeling. Anyway, I love how quiet John was in the beginning; I'd forgotten about that, and really, most relationships are like that in the beginning. And John and Molly, being so reserved as they are anyway, are no different. Oh, I do love how it became about Toby; I'd forgotten about that too. LOL...poor Molly, finally finding out John didn't care much about cats, and Molly asking why he never stopped her. That was adorable that he was actually listening, which btw, is what every woman wants...that no matter what she talks about, she just wants a guy to listen. That should have told Molly right there he was in love. But anyway, I'm a little sad Molly never finished the story, but I also feel bad that so many people had told her to shut up about her cat. Poor dear. But this was an adorable ending, and I'll bet at some point, Molly does finish that story. Fabulous deleted scene. I can't wait to read more of them. Well done. :)
magentacr chapter 4 . 8/30/2013
Aww these are nice little extra bits. Wish there were a few more though ;)
It's sad that that's what John thinks about why Sherlock jumped. Totally irrational, but grief does that.
Was it Sherlock putting on a voice that called him in?
Roxanne15927 chapter 3 . 8/14/2013
Oh my gosh, this chapter was adorable. Gahl, I just LOVE John. Love that stupid hedgehog man to pieces. :)
I loved how he was so protective of Molly in this chapter. My absolutely favorite line is when John is appalled that people actually tell Molly to shut up about Toby.
johnsarmylady chapter 4 . 7/1/2013
Nice chapter - good understanding of the likely thoughts of JW.