Reviews for Voice of the Worm
I M Sterling chapter 4 . 6/6/2013
Wow! I loved this tidbit...this is EXACTLY how it could have happened, since Tolkien never shared that story. Fantastic. Thanks for posting!
Certh chapter 4 . 6/6/2013
Beautiful. I must say I liked your depiction of Saruman! It was very... sly and manipulative and somewhat creepy. Great job overall!
Certh chapter 3 . 6/4/2013
I like the instances of introspection in this part and the very plausible past you've created for Grima, all the reasons that came to shape his personality. Not to mention his family history, which is interesting.

Just one thing: the singular form for 'Eorlingas' is 'Eorling'. The word itself is made of the words 'Eorl' and 'ing' (derived from the Proto-Germanic 'unga', meaning 'son of'). '-as' is the noun ending for plural; '-a' also happens to be a noun ending denoting the plural form in OE, so 'Eorlinga' is still plural. Sorry for the mini-lecture, I just wanted to explain why it's 'Eorling' and not 'Eorlinga'. :)

Cheers,
Certh
Certh chapter 2 . 6/4/2013
Another rejection. Poor fellow. Still, I like the depiction of Eowyn - not her cool way of treating him, but her likeness to the book-Eowyn.
Certh chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
Very interesting! I liked how this part went from carefree and playful to gloomy. Young Grima was so hopeful and enthusiastic, and to have his feelings trampled on like that... It was a cruel manner in which Eowyn reacted, and yet children can be cruel without wanting or realising it. A series of rejections and disappointments would definitely account for his adult behaviour. And that last sentence - Grima thought he'd probably never looked. - it was so sad.
LalaithElerrina chapter 3 . 6/3/2013
I like how believable you make everything. Grima's is so much more three dimensional now. His actions have solid explanations behind them. Good 'bad guys' never do something just because they're EVIL. That's two dimensional, and not realistic. They always have reasons behind them. Good bad guys are always as logical as their good counterparts. They just go a different direction.

Your Grima's is absolutely fantastic!
I M Sterling chapter 2 . 6/3/2013
Wow...you packed a lot into sucha short chapter. Great work!
LalaithElerrina chapter 2 . 6/2/2013
Pity is all she can give him but the poor guy doesn't realize that. If he wasn't such a stalker, maybe they could have been good friends. Poor guy.
LalaithElerrina chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
This is a very interesting look at Grima's childhood. I was disappointed in young Eowyn's behavior, but children can be very cruel without even realizing that they are being so. Off to read TH next chapter!
DarylDixon'sgirl1985 chapter 2 . 6/2/2013
Dude! Rejected again. Poor Grima.
I M Sterling chapter 1 . 6/1/2013