Reviews for Not so Different
Alviniju chapter 3 . 9/25/2014
Darn, you had a really good story that would justify Naruto's defection there.
Anon E. Mouse chapter 3 . 9/11/2014
Now that I continued I have to say that it kind of breaks down unfortunately.
Especially because Sakura is ignoring the reality.
Nobody but Naruto deciding what he becomes? Bzzt, wrong since Hokage is voted for so he needs other people to accept him.
Not killing many people, unlike Orochimaru? Bzzt, wrong he is given missions by others, might very well happen.
Support from people listed? Bzzt, wrong. Your previous chapters (and canon) flat out contradict that. Egregious with promotion (Tsunade) and crappy training and then sending him against powerful enemies (Kakashi).
And, let go down a dark path? Bzzt, wrong again. In this story he was ordered to by the same people Naruto AND Sakura are supposed to obey.

So all in all it sounds like it she was trying to contradict him, cheer him up, but it's quite obviously lies if one takes previous chpters into account.
Sadly an unfulfilling end after the second chapter.
Anon E. Mouse chapter 2 . 9/11/2014
Great story.

Even if some things in this chapter have not happened in canon it's still true that Naruto being held back from a promotion is ridiculous and blatantly insulting to him.
I no way are all of those he graduated with better than him, let alone more powerful.

And Tsunade of all people telling him he isn't fit to be a leader… Right.

Frankly the only conclusion I can come is that he should retire and leave everthing behind, since he in your story he obviously has substantial support and some somewhat friendly people do not negate constant belittling by the ungrateful majority.

That he does not even though the situation is that bad makes this Naruto quite stupid in my opinion.
S.R.457 chapter 3 . 2/26/2014
10/10
Elder Sibling chapter 3 . 2/25/2014
It's not as briliant as the previous chapters. He sounds like a whiner here.
well, thnks anyway for the extra. Though I feel that you're half hearted in the making of this chapter.
Qzh chapter 3 . 2/25/2014
Bah i kept waiting for it to end with Naruto saying he is sorry while holding a kunai and then leaves after releasing Sakura from the hug on the ground with a shocked look on her face as she dies. He leaves with thoughts of why couldnt he have heard those words even a day sooner thinking if it would of made a difference.
I dont know man this ending seems like he is just accepting it as it is, as if he is destined to be screwed over and if that was the case you should of ended it last chapter.
Also would of rather read a scene with him talking to Jiraiya about this than Sakura.
badkidoh chapter 3 . 2/24/2014
another great chapter.
Von Kreuz chapter 3 . 2/24/2014
Hmm, how about a Bonus 4. Maybe a time skip in it where things went worse for Naruto and the fact that he and the snake have more similarities grow.

A Point where things Sakura said to him turn into a different Picture. It would suit the tone of the Story I would admit
patrick the almighty observer chapter 3 . 2/23/2014
holy crap this updated... and this chapter is rather awesome. still I wonder how this will effect future cannon.
KaliAnn chapter 3 . 2/23/2014
very emotional yet empowered. Good job
Guest chapter 3 . 2/23/2014
The fans are the ones who demand Naruto loves Hinata back, not Hinata herself.
Leaf Ranger chapter 3 . 2/23/2014
*rubs forehead* You know, you completely and utterly misjudged and misrepresented Hinata here in this chapter.

At no point...EVER...has Hinata expected Naruto to be anything then what he is. She has never tried to force him to feel anything for her in return. She has never asked anything of him. And in that moment where she told him she loved him, she wasn't asking for him to love her back. She was just telling him that the reason she was willing to stand there against a clearly superior foe was because she loved him, and was willing to die for him. Hinata may love Naruto, but what she loves more is Naruto being happy, even if that's without her in his life.

*shrugs* I don't care if you don't pair Hinata and Naruto together, I just wish to see canon Hinata be fairly represented.
Impstar chapter 3 . 2/23/2014
That's a nice way of closing things up. I think that it would be correct that while Naruto wasn't the same as Orochimaru, he had the potential to become him. Perhaps that would even happen if Naruto's friends abandoned him. However, Naruto's friends are very loyal to him and won't let him fall. I applaud your story.

And thankfully your Naruto doesn't take shit like canon Naruto does.
Qzh chapter 2 . 12/29/2013
Dude there need to be more chapters!
Amidamaru88 chapter 2 . 11/27/2013
I was hoping Naruto would take the leap and do it