Reviews for In Want of a Wife
JrTT chapter 5 . 1/24
The Darcy Pov is so very poignant and moving. Indeed ''a man who had felt less" might have just moved on and so easily have forgotten Elizabeth. I would have really liked some insightful thoughts on when he actually started falling in love with her though. Maybe some flashbacks of his Netherfield torment?
Babe Pryor chapter 5 . 12/6/2014
to be continued...when exactly? Its been months and months...I really really like this story..xx
Guest chapter 5 . 6/4/2014
excellent - just a very lovely back story - I am wondering if the gossiping that Darcy indulged in would come back to bite him!
Guest chapter 4 . 6/4/2014
This is a lovely story - hope you will write again soon!
Mother of Tears chapter 5 . 5/25/2014
Very well written!
Julianabr chapter 5 . 2/22/2014
Love it! I love it when Darcy and Georgie confide I each other. Yes she is so much younger, but they are the only ones left. They need each other. Thanks for the new chapter and I eagerly await the next one! :)
Guest chapter 5 . 2/5/2014
It's nice to see that he trusts and confides in his much younger sister
Guest chapter 5 . 2/5/2014
This is a lovely story, love the relationship between Darcy and Georgiana.
kouw chapter 5 . 2/7/2014
Oh this is all just really lovely.
Guest chapter 5 . 2/4/2014
very nice story! very well written.
tammyrolls chapter 5 . 2/6/2014
I love you take on Darcy's insight. Cannot wait for his thoughts about Elizabeth being in Darbyshire! Well done and update again soon!
Ivy2010 chapter 5 . 2/5/2014
Aww im happy darcy actually talked to Georgiana. Cant wait for the next chapter! Im ready to see him actually trying to find a wife lol
chelsie fan chapter 5 . 2/5/2014
Saw your post on tumblr and just had to read. I read a chapter here and there when I found time over the last day, so this will be a mega review for Chapters 1-5. I hope you don't mind.

Jane Austen is one of my favorites, but I have to admit that this is the first time I've ventured into Austen fanfic. I have to admit also that it's been two or three years since I last read P&P, so I confess being a little fuzzy on the details.

I love that you've filled in the blanks and delved deeper into what Darcy is thinking. I specifically like, over the course of the chapters, how logically and systematically he tries to approach his search for a wife only to slowly come to the realization that love is not at all logical or systematic. The other aspect that really moved me is his selfless concern for his sister. He worries more whether his new bride would be a good sister for Georgiana than whether she would be a good wife for him. And lastly, of course, the fact that no matter how hard he tries - and he really does try hard - he can't get Elizabeth out of his mind. The moment he finally confides in Georgiana, telling her about Elizabeth, is a tender moment between brother and sister.

I enjoy your writing immensely. Thank you for this.
gracie789 chapter 5 . 2/5/2014
Yay! You're back!

Love this story. I've read hundreds of P&P fics, lots of Darcy POVs, but this one is one of the best ones. You capture both Darcy's stream of consciousness, as well as the characterization of the other players, with an elegant lightness. Very well done.

I love that you brought Darcy to his epiphany through putting Georgiana in Elizabeth's place. Don't think I've ever see that approach. And I'm glad Darcy found a confidant. I'm sure he'll feel better soon. ;)

Thanks for this.
Dizzy Lizzy.60 chapter 5 . 2/4/2014
I like the way he is beginning to trust again. I hope Gee can help him change his evil ways,Lol. Nice chapter. Post again soon. Thanks.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »