Reviews for In Want of a Wife
PatDarcy chapter 7 . 7/26
Please continue on updating! This is a very nice history!
Mikarune chapter 7 . 6/6
I just finished everything you've posted for this story, and I really like it! I admit it's been a while since my last P&P read-through, but you really seem to have a knack for writing the characters. Darcy is super believable without being out of character, and the DarcyElizabeth interactions are written really well!
frozen-in-wonderland chapter 7 . 2/19
This story is all to adorable. I couldn't tear myself away from it. And the Georgiana bits (especially the brother/ sister moments) were amazing.
headless-nic chapter 7 . 2/11
It is nice to see the other side of Elisabeth's and Darcy's meeting at the inn at Lambton, to realise, he was just as much distraught then she was. - Fir her sake, but also for himself.
I am looking forward to the next chapter.
Jansfamily4 chapter 5 . 2/7
Very difficult chapter. The sadness seems so real.
Jansfamily4 chapter 2 . 2/6
Darcy you are an idiot. I like seeing Georgiana being so perspective. Kind of making Darcy squirm. She is hitting close to home there.
Jansfamily4 chapter 1 . 2/5
Poor Darcy. He sure makes himself suffer. Sad that he just can't relax and just see where things go. He thinks too much.
This is really good! I've just finished a reread of the book, and then I read this all in one sitting. You've made Mr. Darcy much more human than he's portrayed in the book - understandable, since this is from his point of view - but you also haven't changed his character at all, it's super believable that this is how he was acting and thinking during the times he isn't around in the book.
DeeDeeHDG chapter 7 . 1/30
Interesting to read what was mostly behind the scenes in the book.
Nice chapter, well done!
The Reader chapter 7 . 1/29
Glad you have updated- keep it coming.
guest chapter 7 . 1/29
A well-written story - I hope you continue it.
guest chapter 7 . 1/29
Many thanks for continuing to post. Your writing and structure are refreshingly excellent. I look forward to its continuance.
Yay, Darcy to the rescue!

Miss Bingley may have disparaged the Gardiner's for living where they do but they would hardly be poor; Mr Bennet clearly believes that Gardiner has put forth at least £10,000 to bring the marriage about and he wouldn't think so unless he knew that the Gardiner's had that sort of cash at hand, with Longbourne only brining in about £2,000 per annum. Also, the Gardiner's travel quite extensively, they have their own carriage, arrive at Longbourne for extended Christmas visits and have just this summer travelled to Derbyshire - all these things are out of the reach of the typical tradesman, unless extremely wealthy the travel especially (Darcy and Elizabeth had a conversation about the financial ability to travel to visit family). His daughter will no doubt have a substantial dowry which will enable him to arrange a marriage with someone in Darcy's class; status was overlooked if strapped for cash and a number of tradesmen's daughters married in to the first circles to help relieve the financial burden that these 'land rich and cash poor' families of old suffered.

Plus, their home in London was not that small; not with the number of servants they kept (Gardiner was able to send a manservant for Elizabeth when she travelled to London from Kent) etc.
Strike300 chapter 7 . 1/30
I really like this. It's like reading the "deleted scenes." Please keep writing!
Jansfamily4 chapter 7 . 1/28
I want to SLAP Lydia and her soon to be scoundrel husband. Darcy rises to the occasion every time. Good chapter. I am glad you didn't drag it out too long.